Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM   #1
11_silver

Drives: 2011 SS
Gears?

Whats up guys...I've been searching the web wondering what gears I am able to put into the 2015 v6 with an auto...I'm coming from a 2011 SS. I had the 3.91 gears in that and loved them. Wallet didn't care for them too much as I went through tires quickly. haha

But what kind of options do I have for my auto v6?
11_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LT/RS
To do anything other than the 3.55 Richmond gears you need an SS differential. And if you had a manual SS, well, 3.91s in that is very different from 3.91s in anything with the V6 because our transmissions are already really aggressive with the gearing. You wouldn't want to go more than the 3.45s out of the manual SS or 3.73s if you reeaaally wanted to. 3.91s in these cars feels fast but is real world slower IIRC.
Mods: VMAX Ported Throttle Body, K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Solo High Flow Cats, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Caliper Conversion, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, Custom 2.5"/3" Magnaflow Exhaust

Next: Wheels / Tires, or boost.

DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM   #3
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Also very interested in gear change options for V6 Auto. If I want to keep the same carrier there is only one option?

How much do you feel that fuel economy will suffer? With my current set up, I am getting 28+ HWY on road trips with only 8k miles on the car. I'm expecting that it will easily hit 30 HWY once the car is fully broken in. I'm concerned about fuel economy because my hometown is 400 miles away from where I live and when the whether permits, I drive my Camaro home.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : JacFab Intake Spacer : Elite Engineering Catch Can : 1LE Strut Tower Brace : SS 20'' Wheels : GM Fog Lights : ZL1 Rock Guards : Ceramic Window Tint : CF Emblem Overlays : Custom LS Badges

Last edited by sspade; Yesterday at 08:31 PM.
sspade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #4
Kenny Camaro

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
The 2ls with the 2.92 gears is the only v-6 carrier that the 3.55 gear set will fit. That is what Richmond tech support emailed me on 4-4-16. They also said they have no gear set that will fit the LT 3.27 stock carrier. I suggest you email Richmond tech support direct, the email is on there web site. Rear end swap is your best bet if you have a LT. You can contact GM and see if they have any other options for an auto v-6. If you go to higher gear ratio your mileage will go down.
Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM   #5
Kenny Camaro

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11_silver View Post
Whats up guys...I've been searching the web wondering what gears I am able to put into the 2015 v6 with an auto...I'm coming from a 2011 SS. I had the 3.91 gears in that and loved them. Wallet didn't care for them too much as I went through tires quickly. haha

But what kind of options do I have for my auto v6?
Do you have a LS or LT?
Old Today, 10:44 AM   #6
11_silver

Drives: 2011 SS
Mine is a 2015 RS...so not sure. I just know the SS stuff. So I could swap in an SS diff?
11_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:53 AM   #7
flyer08

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
If it's a manual and LT yes. If auto no the driveshaft will be different.
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote