Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 04-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
Flow Pro

A client of mine who owns a muffler shop told me to drop by his place and that he would hook me up with some Flow Pros for my 2014 Camaro 2LT RS. He described them as Aluminized, about 18 inches long, axel back and said they sound great, not too loud and not too subdued but better than stock. for $360 installed

He also has flowmaster and other brands but they are a little more expensive, he told me that these (Flowpro) offer the best bang for the buck.

I dont know much about exhausts, but I do want to upgrade/Mod them and the guy is pretty cool. Should I try these or just get another brand? Either way I am going to his shop for the mods.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
DagoCountyGee

Drives: 2013 BRM Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Never heard of it. Can't even find them on google.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
I found them here

http://www.flopro.com/index.html

but everything seems to be made for trucks, i found some you tube videos with 4 gen camaros and flow pro but nothing with newer camaros
Old 04-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
Mark114

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS CRT M6 Vert
If you have listened to the sound clips in the C5 forum and YouTube you know the LFX V6 in your 2LS can sound raspy or drone with some mufflers. You may have found the perfect sound with FloPro, but you will want to careful not to end up with an exhaust you don't like. Maybe ask if they have done other LFX V6 cars in the area that you could hear. I would discuss your exhaust sound goals with him and see which muffler he recommends. Then research them on the FloPro web site to see if that matches your expectations. FloPro provides a relative loudness rating and description for each of their muffler products. You can also search the internet for muffler prices to see if you are getting a good deal for the total installation price. Finally I would ask what options would be available if you aren't happy with them after they are installed.

Good luck!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:06 AM   #5
Ishin

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT RS
I would go with what Mark114 suggests.
When I was looking for my exhaust, I listened to many different brands. If there wasn't a video of a brand so I could hear the sound, I didnt even consider it. For me it came down to the MRTv2 and Dynomax VT.
Everyones taste and wants are different, I wanted it calm for driving at 70 on hwy and loud when I wanted. I also didnt want any drone, so I ended up going with the Dynomax VT. Price and no drone tipped the scales for me.
Quality on the MRTv2 is probably better, I noticed after 2 months rust spots forming on the muffler. The quality on the Dynomax VT seemed to be lacking as there was welding spurs on both mufflers. Dynomax has a 90 day sound guarantee also. I contemplated sending them back and going with the MRTv2, but cost came back and I did enjoy the sound and butt hp gains. So i just grinded the rust spots out, and painted them black with high temp enamel paint.

So listen to what those mufflers sound like on a Camaro first.
Ishin is offline   Reply With Quote