Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #251
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!
 
alyssasdad's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ardmore,Al.
Posts: 275
Anybody who has ever gone to test and tune night at their local drag strip or has done any drag racing on the street has seen, MANY TIMES, The car with less power(A LOT LESS in some cases) walk off and leave more powerful cars!! A race(any kind of race) with cars at this level is going to come down to the driver, plain and simple.Some people(Im not saying everybody) get so bent out of shape over these tests, and they dont even own either of these cars!!! Or have any plans or $$$ to buy one of them anyway!!!! Both of these cars are awesome. Im just glad we all have the choice of both these great cars made by American car companies!! Just my 2cents
__________________
1.GOD
2.Family
3.Camaro........& the TENNESSEE VOLS!!!
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #252
shaffe

 
Drives: 2012 Focus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burr Ridge
Posts: 806
well said. When I had my 04 Mustang GT witha couple bolt ons, I was able to beat a couple LS2 GTOs at a test n tune one day. Only reason why was b/c the few I beat the owners could not drive. Later that day raced an Auto GTO and got what I knew was coming, and that was watching the GTO walk away from me lol

Driver Mod-best mod ever lol.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #253
Betiwin
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe and GT500
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 184
Thank God for launch control and PTM 5!
Betiwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #254
alanhurst
Master Chief
 
alanhurst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 382
so over time the gt500 is slower (brake fade causes the driver to lose confidence in the cars ability to stop which causes the driver to slow down) but hey no problem because i never need to drive more than 1/4 mile at a time anyway and very rarely ever need to turn. (lol) once again the mustang has proven to be the one trick pony (atleast the name is accurate) this is 2012 ford,learn to turn or gtfo.
__________________
alanhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #255
doc7000
 
Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lomita,CA
Posts: 234
There should be a final edition ZR1 Corvette with 700BHP LS9 then drop it in the Camaro should be interesting.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #256
oortcloud
 
oortcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 ordered
Join Date: May 2012
Location: retired
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betiwin View Post
Seems Randy even thinks its the better track car with brakes. Would love to see some different pads, fluid and dryer ducting put on. Most likely all of $400 dollars in parts none of which would have anything to with the warranty. Randy really makes the stang look like a handling machine actually.
I'm impressed with how well the gt500 did on this course. But I do have some comments on the brakes.

People keep talking about pads. Better pads generate more heat not less. I guess you could put ceramic on and see if that helps. But once we start modding then can't we also mod the zl1?

The engineers chose not to have a brake duct option for a reason. The theory is that it will upset the aero. Maybe it will not void you warranty but it might generate lift and get you killed. Or it may slow the car down on the straights or sweepers. Who knows?

And going to something like wilwood exp fluid will help but without brake ducts the brakes are certainly going to overheat.

So you have some experimenting and modding to do on the car to allow it to keep up with a bone stock zl1.
oortcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #257
A-little-perspective
 
Drives: 2011 C63
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhurst View Post
so over time the gt500 is slower (brake fade causes the driver to lose confidence in the cars ability to stop which causes the driver to slow down) but hey no problem because i never need to drive more than 1/4 mile at a time anyway and very rarely ever need to turn. (lol) once again the mustang has proven to be the one trick pony (atleast the name is accurate) this is 2012 ford,learn to turn or gtfo.
Now this is just funny.
A-little-perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #258
x1sniper3x
 
x1sniper3x's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2005 Cobalt
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by acamellis View Post
So the new GT500 is Ford's new bad boy, correct? So why compare it to GM's third or fourth meanest car and not the ZR-1? I mean to be completely fair... manufacturer vs. manufacturer.
If that's the case, then when the new Toyota FT-86 comes out, we'll compare it to the Nissan GT-R. Baddest Toyota vs Baddest Nissan, right?

C'mon man, we're comparing car classes here, not manufacturers. The GT500 and ZL1 were made to compete with each other and that's why we're comparing them. No one is going to waste their time comparing two cars that weren't meant to compete against one another when we all know who the winner is going to be.
__________________
x1sniper3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #259
oortcloud
 
oortcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 ordered
Join Date: May 2012
Location: retired
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cosby View Post
It's your comparison, so you make the rules! Whether or not I disagree is pretty much irrelevant.

As far as *my* comparison goes...different story...
Well, actually its not my comparison - it's motor trends comparison. All the other mags have pretty much the same options anyway. I'm just stating the costs based on the performance options as tested. I'm not including anything like the subwoofer, nav, etc...
oortcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #260
doc7000
 
Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lomita,CA
Posts: 234
It would be interesting to see how these cars compare to similar vehicles from Europe like maybe the BMW M6.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #261
papawattz
 
papawattz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +99 contour SVT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
If that's the case, then when the new Toyota FT-86 comes out, we'll compare it to the Nissan GT-R. Baddest Toyota vs Baddest Nissan, right?

C'mon man, we're comparing car classes here, not manufacturers. The GT500 and ZL1 were made to compete with each other and that's why we're comparing them. No one is going to waste their time comparing two cars that weren't meant to compete against one another when we all know who the winner is going to be.

Actually toyota's top car is the lexus LFA , and they have already compared them
papawattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #262
mpyle007
 
mpyle007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS L99
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 298
Both cars are awesome. That video really got my blood flowing. I would drive either car for sure. The mustang has crazy power and looks great minus the wheels. Can't wait to see what GM answers back with next time around power wise.

I liked how he said if the brakes were upgraded on the GT500 it would be that much better of a car. I think that is Fords next step. They need to change the wheels too on that mustang. Not a huge fan.

Being that this is my first Chevy I can say I miss the sound of those Fords! WOW

Great video though and great review.
__________________
2011 Camaro 2SS L99 A6
Rotofab CAI w/ race scoop
TSP Long tube headers w/ high flow cats and full x-pipe
GMPP axle back exhaust system
Custom Dyno tune by ARD (Advanced Racing Dynamics)
BMR 1.4" Springs all four corners

"There is no replacement for displacement"
mpyle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #263
Betiwin
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe and GT500
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by oortcloud View Post
I'm impressed with how well the gt500 did on this course. But I do have some comments on the brakes.

People keep talking about pads. Better pads generate more heat not less. I guess you could put ceramic on and see if that helps. But once we start modding then can't we also mod the zl1?

The engineers chose not to have a brake duct option for a reason. The theory is that it will upset the aero. Maybe it will not void you warranty but it might generate lift and get you killed. Or it may slow the car down on the straights or sweepers. Who knows?

And going to something like wilwood exp fluid will help but without brake ducts the brakes are certainly going to overheat.

So you have some experimenting and modding to do on the car to allow it to keep up with a bone stock zl1.

It already kept up and has put down better times than a bone stock ZL1. Its just keeping it repeatable. Now I'm sure brake ducts will not generate enough lift to flip the car and kill you at 150mph and below. The track pack had brake cooling ducts where the fog lights were, but ford changed this last minute. I assume as others had, it may have a small effect on top speed. The 200+MPH seems to need a very cool day and low elevation as seen by C/D and MT, so these ducts could of cost a few MPH.

You are correct in that it is a mod and not 100% stock. Nothing a dealer would have a problem with nor fluid or pa change. Pulley and tune, ya warranty gone. Im not a warranty guy after 5,000 miles though. If it dont break in the first 3-4 months and 4000 miles. Mod away!
Betiwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #264
Betiwin
 
Drives: CTS-V Coupe and GT500
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by oortcloud View Post
Well, actually its not my comparison - it's motor trends comparison. All the other mags have pretty much the same options anyway. I'm just stating the costs based on the performance options as tested. I'm not including anything like the subwoofer, nav, etc...
Don't hate on Ford because GM don't let you equip the Z with Recaros. I can in my soon to be CTS-V. I thought forsure we would see that as a 13 option. People might just have to go aftermarket. (Opps did I say modification from stock)
Betiwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #265
C5RocksC5
Banned
 
C5RocksC5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sin City
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
I've said this several times before. I must say it again.

Ford saved weight by cutting corners on five critical areas, and probably more.

1) A braking system that is less than optimal.
2) A suspension system that erodes confidence
3) A straight axle that is .... a "one shot" deal (straightaways)
4) Lightweight construction - resulting in tinny hollow sounds in the roof when you are in a light rain... worse in heavy rain. You have a hard time even hearing the radio. I know, its a "nit", but cutting corners on roof insulation is just another sign your riding enjoyment will fade like it's brakes fade on a slalom.
5) Inferior Warranty (only 60k on the drivetrain)..... kind of tells you something!

Motor trend summed it up pretty good. When you get a ZL1, you certainly get your MORE than your money's worth ..... Oh.. one more thing....
Anyone with a ZL1 won't have to worry about the five points above. And as much as I respect all enthusiasts, it's your money!
I disagree with cutting corners. A Ford guy can also nit pick on the ZL1...can say GM cut corners by not using a forged internals and still using push-rod tech on the ZL1. It goes back and forth. Our beloved ZL1 was the one that was held back for weeks in QC (Quality Control) not the Shelby. So yeah, I totally disagree. We can nit pick each car all day.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #266
C5RocksC5
Banned
 
C5RocksC5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sin City
Posts: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
They forgot the most important street test. What's going to happen when a gt500 and zl1 meet on the highway. Who cares how they ride on the street. If I wanted ride, I would buy a big BMW. Looks to me from all the test so far that the gt500 is the best everywhere. You guys are getting pretty pathetic. Every time the gt500 proves you wrong you have to cling to a new angle. First you were going to win at the track. Well you didn't. Now it's "well we have better brakes". I'll give you that one since you need something to hang onto. I'm sure your better brakes won't beat me at beaver springs or when I see you on 322. There are very few owners that will run one lap at a track let alone multiples. If you ask me ford really out smarted gm here. They took an old design and made it out perform the most advanced technology in the world all in the name of value and real world results. If ford can do this with this car, if I were you guys I would be worried when ford gets in the 21 century.
I hate to admit it but you just hit the nail square on the head. The defense seems to change at every test result. It is really quite amusing to read guys' arguments change from one test result to the next.

Last edited by C5RocksC5; 06-28-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: corrected text
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #267
tt335ci03cobra
 
Drives: 03 cobra (5.4 swap, tt57's)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by oortcloud View Post
You've got some facts wrong. The gt500 did not win every metric. The zl1 won some very critical metrics. That's why they gave the overall win to the zl1. You're claiming a road race win, but motor trend declared a tie. So sorry you don't get your checkmate. And according to other mag reviewers it's the zl1 as the winner of the road race. According to some others its the gt500. At best you have a stalemate (or win-win if you own one of these cars).
Politely, I accounted for all of those claims you made man. Read a little closer. I'll go back through and explain.

I said "about every metric" which is just as you say, it didn't win every metric. Slalom went to the z, confidence and subjective stuff went to the z, but the real competition; the numbers, went to the ford and by a good margin. That's what was at question.

The checkmate stands because from the beginning the discussion I was involved in was about the performance of both cars, disregarding the subjective issues. Why? Because chess is played that way and the other member made a few chess references. Chess isn't how you played, it's whether you had the win. Cars subjective stuff is subjective. A win is a win. Lap times and performance are more weight worthy competition, always has been and probably always will be the case. Z06 vs porsche, viper vs ferrari, etc. Function trumps form most of the time.

Lets put it in another light. When/if sports games start being adjusted for by a form and function scenario, I think the industry will suffer. If a team wins by the skin of its teeth from a lucky touchdown, they probably won't win the next game and will be shutdoibuprofen in the playoffs if they lack the skill as a team to pull off decent wins. Happens often. But lets assume the nfl just starts saving time by simply giving the win or calling it a tie when a narrow last second win comes up. To the team with a lower score, this is great because they actually played better. That said, it isn't really a good idea in general, it'd be a pretty flimsy win or tie to win that way and it'd soften the game.

The reason my original chess/leguna argument is pretty hard to beat is 3 fold.

1. I stated it with proper terms like "about" and in specific ways.

2. I opened the discussion with something along the lines of: "on Leguna" because like most, I realize one track is not a win all, it's one track. One game is one game, unless it's the Super Bowl; nurburgring same day same driver same conditions, it's hard to really dean it an end all. (I hope someone starts doing those types of comparison tests as a YouTube channel and/or magazine/webcast; that'd be awesome)

3. Chess is not about style, or feel, it's about the win. And sorry but even with fading brakes, the gt500 ran 2 and maybe even 3 laps faster than the zl1 same day same driver. Neither car performs horribly, as people lay against the ford. I made my post because the guy with chess assertions said some pretty brash stuff that was untrue. Along the lines of "game over, checkmate back to the drawing board ford. blah blah blah fanboy crap."

I'm the last to slam either car but when the facts are not represented, somebody has to stop the crap. I'll take a little heat because I can handle it, if nobody steps up to keep the info straight, why even have a discussion?

My point was the gt500 might have pulled a flimsy win because it's brakes and handling were not on par with the zl1 but the clock didn't lie. A flimsier win USA subjective win when the clock, or score hadn't. Given more laps, maybe the zl1 would have experienced hear soak and started slowing at the same rate as the gt500's braking was slowing it. We just don't know. What we do know is that 1:38's on that track is very impressive. Closing in on R8v10's and better than some Gallardo's. 1:39.3's are also very fast, 1.2 seconds faster than a boss 302 Leguna; very very impressive. But it's not 1:38.6, 1:38.9, and 1:39.2's. Thats what we know. Subjective is how a driver feels, and mainly it was the brakes. That's a little maintenance.

3 laps averaged, and the gt500 was a good bit ahead of the zl1. Brake wise, a decent brake tune up with hawk pads and dot4 fluid will keep them alive long after 3 laps and honestly we all know track goers do this just as drag racers use royal purple and ngk tr6's. I won't even talk about tires but most track goers also get dedicated wheels and tires for their track cars.

Hell, there's even a pic on one of these threads from an owner of a gt500 that's already tracked it to a 2:29 with stock tires, a cat delete and ecu tune on a track where his buddies with slick tire z06's and zr1's were running 2:27's. He had nothing to say about brake fade. If an extra 80whp on this car with huge straights isn't overheating his brakes, it's probably the case that he did those simple changes or that the gt500 in this motortrend test just needed a bleed and new pads/fluids. Probably a lot of magazine driver and high stress testing miles on it.

Anyways, opinions go all ways and none of us are going to fully prove or disprove much of anything in this given venue. Cheers.
__________________
-fear's no ss/zl1's =^)
-fear's almost all z06/zr1's though =^(

03 cobra
-full suspension (maximum motorsports)
-built 5.4/fuel/cooling
-tt with wotbox/2step, Ecutouts, truboost etc
-nt05/5r's 275/35/18 & 315/40/18's
-818 @ 16#'s running 91octane (4600ft)
-1,xxx @ 24#'s this summer with bb 62's...
-3520# wet weight
-3.55's (60 in 1st)
-too many other mods to list.
tt335ci03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #268
papawattz
 
papawattz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +99 contour SVT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdari View Post
I hate to admit it but you just hit the nail square on the head. The defense seems to change at every test result. It is really quite amusing to read guys' arguments change from one test result to the next.
Mustang fanboy WOW, Out on the highway someone in a GT 500 is gonna get over confident, try and race a ZL1 and end up just sitting there spinning it's tires. So out in the real world(streets) the ZL1 still wins
papawattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #269
tt335ci03cobra
 
Drives: 03 cobra (5.4 swap, tt57's)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by papawattz View Post
Mustang fanboy WOW, Out on the highway someone in a GT 500 is gonna get over confident, try and race a ZL1 and end up just sitting there spinning it's tires. So out in the real world(streets) the ZL1 still wins
Ya go on YouTube and watch a 2013 gt500 go from 70-160 in 3rd and 4th in less time than zl1's get going 135.
__________________
-fear's no ss/zl1's =^)
-fear's almost all z06/zr1's though =^(

03 cobra
-full suspension (maximum motorsports)
-built 5.4/fuel/cooling
-tt with wotbox/2step, Ecutouts, truboost etc
-nt05/5r's 275/35/18 & 315/40/18's
-818 @ 16#'s running 91octane (4600ft)
-1,xxx @ 24#'s this summer with bb 62's...
-3520# wet weight
-3.55's (60 in 1st)
-too many other mods to list.
tt335ci03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #270
Stew


 
Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastern, Ky
Posts: 3,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyroche View Post
Thats debatable. With Fords decision to go for max HP... they essentially put the GT500 in a higher class. So really the GT500 should be facing say a Z06 or ZR1. Ford tried to make a super car, well the ZL1 is not a super car. Its a supercharged muscle car you can take to the track. The Z06 is a track/racing supercar. And the ZR1 is Chevy's top dog. If your going to put the GT500 up for fair competition, well it won't be against the ZL1
Um, the GT500 is EXACT thing you described the ZL1 as
Quote:
Its a supercharged muscle car you can take to the track
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #271
AZ-ZL1
Dry Heat My @ss
 
AZ-ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 SUMMIT WHITE
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 679
Bottom line, you can't come up short 82 horses and win very many performance battles.

If I want to run with a Shelby, a few mods and I'm there, but I'm happy with what I have stock. There will always be a faster car.

I love the Shelby...but I love my ZL1 even more.
AZ-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #272
tt335ci03cobra
 
Drives: 03 cobra (5.4 swap, tt57's)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 142
Look at motortrends data for acceleration on 0-150 for both cars and subtract the 0-60 time of each car. It was about 21 seconds vs 26 seconds. So taking 0-60 out, 17.5 seconds vs 22.2, that's 4.7 seconds. At 150mph, that's a huge distance
__________________
-fear's no ss/zl1's =^)
-fear's almost all z06/zr1's though =^(

03 cobra
-full suspension (maximum motorsports)
-built 5.4/fuel/cooling
-tt with wotbox/2step, Ecutouts, truboost etc
-nt05/5r's 275/35/18 & 315/40/18's
-818 @ 16#'s running 91octane (4600ft)
-1,xxx @ 24#'s this summer with bb 62's...
-3520# wet weight
-3.55's (60 in 1st)
-too many other mods to list.
tt335ci03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #273
htron50


 
htron50's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SC
Posts: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdari View Post
I disagree with cutting corners. A Ford guy can also nit pick on the ZL1...can say GM cut corners by not using a forged internals and still using push-rod tech on the ZL1. It goes back and forth. Our beloved ZL1 was the one that was held back for weeks in QC (Quality Control) not the Shelby. So yeah, I totally disagree. We can nit pick each car all day.
It's not a "nit" when MY $$ is being spent. You are right --- a lot of the Ford engine investment is great! I like the engine a TON! No question about it. It's what it is all linked to that lets me know MY $$ was better spent! I almost wonder what a ZL1 would run like if it had the 5.8 installed!?? HA! I don't know if it's truly a better engine, but I would concur it looks to be. But, you can give a HOBO a heart transplant and it won't alter his personality.... and the new GT500 sure got a good transplant!

But it sure is fun watching both companies "bring it".... Love it!
__________________
2012 CAMARO-ZL1
Sincere Thanks to City Chevrolet, Charlotte, NC http://www.citychevrolet.com/blog/ca...et-camaro-zl1/
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #274
oortcloud
 
oortcloud's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 ordered
Join Date: May 2012
Location: retired
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt335ci03cobra View Post
Politely, I accounted for all of those claims you made man. Read a little closer. I'll go back through and explain.

I said "about every metric" which is just as you say, it didn't win every metric. Slalom went to the z, confidence and subjective stuff went to the z, but the real competition; the numbers, went to the ford and by a good margin. That's what was at question.

The checkmate stands because from the beginning the discussion I was involved in was about the performance of both cars, disregarding the subjective issues. Why? Because chess is played that way and the other member made a few chess references. Chess isn't how you played, it's whether you had the win. Cars subjective stuff is subjective. A win is a win. Lap times and performance are more weight worthy competition, always has been and probably always will be the case. Z06 vs porsche, viper vs ferrari, etc. Function trumps form most of the time.
Man, that's way to much reading. You can spin my "claims" all you want, but that doesn't negate the facts presented by motor trend.

You can't claim checkmate if you didn't win! The gt500 did not win the road race. This is not subjective, this is empirical. Or do you consider significant brake fade to be subjective?
oortcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #275
tt335ci03cobra
 
Drives: 03 cobra (5.4 swap, tt57's)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-ZL1 View Post
Bottom line, you can't come up short 82 horses and win very many performance battles.

If I want to run with a Shelby, a few mods and I'm there, but I'm happy with what I have stock. There will always be a faster car.

I love the Shelby...but I love my ZL1 even more.
Congrats on the z! Pulley and tune ftw! Just save the stock tune so you can reflash the ecu with it if anything happens motor wise in a few years so you can keep the warranty a non issue. Have fun man, enjoy it and cheers
__________________
-fear's no ss/zl1's =^)
-fear's almost all z06/zr1's though =^(

03 cobra
-full suspension (maximum motorsports)
-built 5.4/fuel/cooling
-tt with wotbox/2step, Ecutouts, truboost etc
-nt05/5r's 275/35/18 & 315/40/18's
-818 @ 16#'s running 91octane (4600ft)
-1,xxx @ 24#'s this summer with bb 62's...
-3520# wet weight
-3.55's (60 in 1st)
-too many other mods to list.
tt335ci03cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.