Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:14 AM   #1
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Lack of Camaro Loyalty and Fairweather Friends

I'm really beginning to wonder where the loyalty of some C5 members are. How many Camaro bandwagoneers are there? Seems like every other day a C5 member is wrecking their Camaro (regardless of fault) and then decides that they had "their fun with it" but wouldn't get another. Now please, before you all flame me, I mean this in a polite and intelligent manner. I'm calling nobody out specifically, but I think you get the point. Seems like brand loyalty doesn't amount to anything anymore if people are ready to sell their Camaros or discard them if they are wrecked and not pursue another. Too many people bought into the hype of Transformers and not enough people really understand what it means to be an avid Camaro fan/follower/owner. What gives? Your thoughts?
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:44 AM   #2
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Practicality trumps leisure. especially in these economic times.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:54 AM   #3
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Practicality trumps leisure. especially in these economic times.
True, but these people are totaling Camaros of all trims. Isn't the V6 fairly practical?
Old 12-12-2009, 03:59 AM   #4
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
It's just a car
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:13 AM   #5
DkknightX
Account Suspended

The Camaro is just a car? Do many of you feel this way?
Old 12-12-2009, 04:34 AM   #6
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
Are you talking about all Camaro's or just the 2010?

2010 is selling to many to be "Special" It's just another car and will be for a long time. The older ones are a different story.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:41 AM   #7
brAnd7onX
Team L99

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS IOM
It might seem like just a car right now but these 2010's will be the history of another generation in the future... just like the 69's are now.
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:08 AM   #8
gghg

Drives: 68 RS, 2010 2LT
I can tell you are passionate about the camaro, however not every one has that passion. To them its just a car, I would wager that they never were Camaro guys from way back and couldn't tell you much about the older generation cars i.e. what was the first model year (67), its just a cool car, flavour of the day type thing. So look at it this way; the more they write off ours become more valuable. By the way I have a 2010 and 68 RS I know your passion.
gghg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #9
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
The Camaro is just a car? Do many of you feel this way?
Are you kidding? Just a car?!!!!

I have NEVER been so moved by an automoble before. I absolutely LOVE this car. I am emotional about eveything in this car and then some.

I dont drink the cool aide but I cant get enough of this machine. And yes I miss her bad (until the spring).:(:(
Old 12-12-2009, 06:13 AM   #10
1DERZ SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Some may be, some not...but don't let that derail your passion. In another, I focus on the newbies or someone that is wanting to learn more and provide them information to feel like this is the place to be.

I still wish I had my 71 Camaro....I had a 89 Trans Am that was sold in 1993....

2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange
Came home on 11/13/2009
2011 Silverado 2500 HD Crew LTZ
11/17/2010
1DERZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:40 AM   #11
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Mine was involved in two accidents and I would never trade it for anything!
Old 12-12-2009, 06:47 AM   #12
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It goes both ways. My neighbor across the street recently bought a C6 Vette. He drove it for a few months and then sold it. He basically said the same thing "it was fun for a while, but I wouldn't get another one." He hated the ride quality, driving position, etc. He loved the idea of having a new Corvette, but he just didn't like the car.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:50 AM   #13
AngryAmish

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post

I have NEVER been so moved by an automoble before. I absolutely LOVE this car. I am emotional about eveything in this car and then some.

I dont drink the cool aide but I cant get enough of this machine. And yes I miss her bad (until the spring).:(:(
That pretty much sums me up. I've never been brand loyal, and there have been plenty of non-GM cars that moved me. None of them however, invoked the kind of feelings in me that the 5th gen has. Bottom line, I feel that the car was made personally for me.

Apparently Lutz or someone at GM has the technology to circumvent my tinfoil hat.
Proud Owner of #168
AngryAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:56 AM   #14
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
I am a complete impulse buyer... I usually never keep a car more than 3 years or so..

I'm not brand loyal... but it will either be a GM, Ford or Chrylser (jeep)...

Do i love my new Camaro... You bet I do!!! But at the end of the day... yeah, it is just a car...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #15
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Taylor Made SLDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I am a complete impulse buyer... I usually never keep a car more than 3 years or so..

I'm not brand loyal... but it will either be a GM, Ford or Chrylser (jeep)...

Do i love my new Camaro... You bet I do!!! But at the end of the day... yeah, it is just a car...
I am the same way. I get new vehicles every 2.5 years or so. I find what suits me best at the time and grab it. I absolutely love the 5th gen, and if I didn't have to buy my new property for my next house, i would have an order number in hand.

Will I keep my car longer than 3 years? Id like to think so as it will be a summer toy only.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:07 AM   #16
Tal

Drives: Old
Some people just like to get new and different things, and buying a new car the same as their old car just doesn't have the same appeal even if they only had it a few months. With any sporty car there will always be a few that will wish they'd gotten something a bit more practical. Beyond that the human mind can be a funny thing. If you've been in a nasty accident that car can become linked with that event at a subconscious level, which can end up with something else seeming more appealing and of course there's always "The grass is always greener on the other side", people like whatever is new and shiny that they don't have. On the other side there are people that get tied up into brand loyalty and will buy some of the most ridiculous things and even convince themselves it was a good idea just because of some badging. (example: Mustang II)
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #17
Slim2SS
Black Thunder

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I am lucky enough to own a first gen and a fifth gen. I have spent the last three years making my 68 into what it is today. The car is a real head turner, not because of any mods but just because it is a 68 RS/SS big block car. My 2010 is also a head turner, just because of what it is also. At this point in time I am lucky enough to own these cars as hobby cars and not my daily drivers. My ex wife owns a Roush stage three Mustang which also is a real head turner. For me I am loyal to the AMERICAN Muscle cars as a whole. If I had unlimted funds I would need a warehouse to keep all the cars I would own in. The one thing that I love the most about this hobby is all of the people I have met over the years who all share the same passion.I dont know if it all about brand loyalty as much as loyalty to the muscle cars as a whole.
Slim2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #18
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
I LOVE mine! It'll be mine as long as God lets me stay on this earth!

Right now it's sipping from the trickle charger waiting for spring.

patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #19
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
well i say the more they wreck the fewer left the sooner they become rare
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #20
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
i never keep a car longer than a year mabey year and a half but i plan to keep this one and once its paid off buy another truck,
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #21
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post

I feel the same way...but it's not realistic to think that everyone will share the same passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
well i say the more they wreck the fewer left the sooner they become rare
yeah, and the more our insurance rates will go up. It's gonna be a loooooooong time before these cars are considered rare.

NY5thgen.com
POWERFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #22
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
I love mine and I am hoping I will keep it longer than I've ever kept a car. I love it cause its my first new car built for me. As well because I have a 7 year 100k mile warranty I think its less likely to piss me off to the point of selling it due to repairs needed.

That said I've never had a car longer than 2 or 3 years, I have a short attention span. And the last time I really "loved" a car was my 87 GN that was stolen, so I still keep my distance. It can be gone poof like that.

If I wrecked it today, or even in the next couple years I'd probably get a new one. But I can't say 100% I would.
I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS - Daily Driver
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1993 Volkswagen Fox - Race Car (yes seriously)

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #23
1320junkie
Account Suspended

Drives: The Imperial Army
Think about it. GM made this one to appeal to the enthusiast and the practical with two different models. GM really broadened it's customer base with the 2010 from excellent marketing. Some of those people who were drawn to it are just finding out the car is not for them. Can't fault them for that at all.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #24
springerpete
Orange GM freak

Drives: 2004 3500HD
This kinda reminds me of the last 15yrs when Harleys were crazy high and hard to get. Every yuppie and well-to-do follower had to have one. That drove the prices very high and it was hard to find a dealership that would sell you one at sticker. Sound familiar?

Here we are 15 years later and the fad has passed. Those dealerships are starting to deal on new bikes and the used bikes are getting easy to come by. Now the people that really like the brand and always wanted one can afford them. I would think this will happen with the Camaro brand too.

This will make it easier for real Chevy fans to own them later. Much like the mid 70's and early 80's were with the muscle cars.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #25
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
If I had thought it was "only a car" I wouldn't have purchased it. Have driven and still driving my 93 Z for 16 years, plan on keeping the 5th Gen just as long if not longer. I guess for the folks who think of it as just a car, buy something else. I usually keep one for a while when I buy it, especially a Chevy.