Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
miaomeow11
 
Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Riley, KS
Posts: 35
Alarm for 2012 2lt/rs

I finally got my camaro , but the alarm seems to be going off very randomly, does anyone know how i can solve this issue?
miaomeow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaomeow11 View Post
I finally got my camaro , but the alarm seems to be going off very randomly, does anyone know how i can solve this issue?
There are a few reasons why the alarm is going off. If you could please go into detail on what happens before the alarm goes off, I can try to diagnose this from the owner's manual.

I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
caligrown562
 
Drives: 2012 1SS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 318
did you buy the aftermarket alarm from the dealer? about a week after buying the car my alarm would go off almost everynight at random times. the first time I freaked out thinking someone was breaking in but after it did it a couple times I knew something was wrong. I took it to the dealer and I guess the shock sensors were set to sensitive so they adjusted it and never happened again.
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
miaomeow11
 
Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Riley, KS
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrown562 View Post
did you buy the aftermarket alarm from the dealer? about a week after buying the car my alarm would go off almost everynight at random times. the first time I freaked out thinking someone was breaking in but after it did it a couple times I knew something was wrong. I took it to the dealer and I guess the shock sensors were set to sensitive so they adjusted it and never happened again.
i think thats what it is, but i got my car in cali, and im in kansas right now do you think they will fix it out here
miaomeow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #5
caligrown562
 
Drives: 2012 1SS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 318
I am not to sure but it's worth a try... they actually have a alarm company that comes in to install them and I know they are not all the same. I would think any place that installs car alarms should be able to help you out and if anything it shouldn't cost you to much.
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
DeAdMiKe187
 
Drives: Black 2012 2LT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 210
I bought the AM1 upgrade, and my alarm often goes off when UNLOCKING the car - after using Remote Start. It happens a couple of seconds after pressing Unlock (whether I press it once or twice). Oddly, it doesn't happen every time. Maybe it's the speed in which I press Unlock the second time? I'll have to experiment a bit more...

When not using Remote Start, the alarm doesn't go off when I Unlock it. I don't get it. I want to play with it a bit more before taking it in for a repair. The main reason I haven't taken it in yet is because it doesn't happen every time, so I'm not sure if they will be able to reproduce the issue. I'm trying to notice a pattern as to what is making it happen, but it's difficult...

Is anyone familiar with this at all??? Other than this issue, I really like the alarm upgrade.
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #7
miaomeow11
 
Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Riley, KS
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
There are a few reasons why the alarm is going off. If you could please go into detail on what happens before the alarm goes off, I can try to diagnose this from the owner's manual.

I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
thats the thing though, nothing really goes on before the alarm goes off
miaomeow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #8
miaomeow11
 
Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Riley, KS
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdMiKe187 View Post
I bought the AM1 upgrade, and my alarm often goes off when UNLOCKING the car - after using Remote Start. It happens a couple of seconds after pressing Unlock (whether I press it once or twice). Oddly, it doesn't happen every time. Maybe it's the speed in which I press Unlock the second time? I'll have to experiment a bit more...

When not using Remote Start, the alarm doesn't go off when I Unlock it. I don't get it. I want to play with it a bit more before taking it in for a repair. The main reason I haven't taken it in yet is because it doesn't happen every time, so I'm not sure if they will be able to reproduce the issue. I'm trying to notice a pattern as to what is making it happen, but it's difficult...

Is anyone familiar with this at all??? Other than this issue, I really like the alarm upgrade.
im using the karr alarm upgrade
miaomeow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaomeow11 View Post
thats the thing though, nothing really goes on before the alarm goes off
I am sorry to hear this. Have you been able to get a proper diagnosis by your local dealership? Please let me know if they were able to get this issue resolved for you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
miaomeow11
 
Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Riley, KS
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I am sorry to hear this. Have you been able to get a proper diagnosis by your local dealership? Please let me know if they were able to get this issue resolved for you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
i called the local dealership and they said they dont work on aftermarket alarm systems, so not i dont really know what else to do, and i cant really find the number for KARR either.
miaomeow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
caligrown562
 
Drives: 2012 1SS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: so cal
Posts: 318
well mine is a Karr also and I had that problem with it being to sensitive.. my dealer took care of it cause I bought it from them.. that sucks tho that your new dealer wont help you out...
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #12
miaomeow11
 
Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Riley, KS
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrown562 View Post
well mine is a Karr also and I had that problem with it being to sensitive.. my dealer took care of it cause I bought it from them.. that sucks tho that your new dealer wont help you out...
my dealer is in cali but im in kansas right now and i was wondering if other dealers would do it for me but they say they wont work on aftermarket alarms, i dont know if its too sensitive cause today the cannon went off but my car didnt go off and then a minute later it goes off
miaomeow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #13
DeAdMiKe187
 
Drives: Black 2012 2LT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAdMiKe187 View Post
I bought the AM1 upgrade, and my alarm often goes off when UNLOCKING the car - after using Remote Start. It happens a couple of seconds after pressing Unlock (whether I press it once or twice). Oddly, it doesn't happen every time. Maybe it's the speed in which I press Unlock the second time? I'll have to experiment a bit more...

When not using Remote Start, the alarm doesn't go off when I Unlock it. I don't get it. I want to play with it a bit more before taking it in for a repair. The main reason I haven't taken it in yet is because it doesn't happen every time, so I'm not sure if they will be able to reproduce the issue. I'm trying to notice a pattern as to what is making it happen, but it's difficult...

Is anyone familiar with this at all??? Other than this issue, I really like the alarm upgrade.
Apparently, my alarm module was defective. He replaced it and this problem doesn't happen anymore. They replaced it with a newer version of the same model (this one requires a handheld device to be plugged into it to change the sensitivity, whereas the old one had a dial). This one seems to be working perfectly.

Last edited by DeAdMiKe187; 08-02-2012 at 08:21 AM.
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.