Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:51 AM   #1
1KillerSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
1KillerSS's build thread, some kids never grow up.

This thread just started, sorry for the little story below, its just that I wanted to show people how excited I am to finally get this build started and done, and what It means to me. Pictures will start to come in late this month or first part of January.

When I was a kid I always played with cars and even before I could color between the lines I have been drawing and dreaming of muscle cars. While I don't draw anymore I dream of them all the time.

They say the only difference between grownups and kids are the price and size of their toy's!

So now you know what It was like for me as a child. Fast forward a bit, I worked for a few shops turning wrenches for a living. Even landed a really cool job working for a shop that did high performance custom dyno tuning and installations of turbo kits and supercharger kits. Believe it or not I actually got to learn how to tune....at least the concept of tuning.....I don't think I would call myself a Jr tuner, but a tuner in training would be appropriate. Got to work on some really great cars.

I mention all of this because It was all a living hell! Torture to me! I was working on all of these cars and could not afford to buy one of my own kits to install, or a car to put it on. Almost every car I have ever had including the junkers, I have always thought and dreamed of ways to make them really, really, really, frikkin fast!

I have never had my very own super duper kung foo killer muscle car to do with as I see fit, for financial or other reasons...family and spouse were always totally against it.

Which brings me to my Build thread.

Week of July 4th 2012--Made the decision to get a car I knew I could have fun with and afford. Went to the dealership and told them I wanted a M6 LS3, those were my only requirements.

Car was bought with 48 miles on it...which was really cool because I am a Jimmy Johnson fan!

Anyway first mod was

CAI by K&N
BBK shortie headers
HPTuners

The car dyno'd at 363 stock and finished 380RWHP something on an old clayton Eddy current dyno.

At the time I really didnt know of all the different CAI's and header choices for Camaros. Not to mention all the other bolt-ons for our cars. I knew nothing of C5....So my point is I never knew what I was missing. Just that I wanted to go FI and a Whipple SC was the dream I had for the car.

Again I couldn't have what I wanted.

So one day I was doing some research on the internet, and one of my searches led me to C5, I had also remembered my car salesperson tell me that you guys were all a bunch of nuts and had all kinds of cool things you could do to the cars....Now I am a C5 junkie and am constantly reading, gathering information, and formulating evil master plans!

So I was real big into SC for my future build. So I started investing in parts that I could consider supporting mods. And also in some parts that I just wanted anyway for fun.

R1-Premiere Cross drilled and slotted rotors
Hawk HPS Pads
Bought Kooks Stepped LT's
Cat-less mid-pipes
Borla S-Type Axle back mufflers
VMAX Ported Throttle Body
AIRAID CAI

changed to
Cold Air Inductions. Inc CAI
ADM race scoop and washer bottle relocation kit
25% SLP Under drive pulley
Innovate MTXL-1 AFR guage
Vitesse Throttle controller

Had Matt from FSP remote tune the car on the street first then a Mustang dyno. 420WHP/401WTQ

Here is a sound clip of the car with the Kooks Stepped headers, no cats and Borla Axleback Exhaust

So The time had come for me to pick a FI system, it was either SC or Turbo's. To make a long story short A lot of people have Superchargers on their Camaros, but not so many have turbos. That and after doing a ton of research, the AGP kit met my HP goals within the price I was wanting to work with.

So here it is! the RWHP goal is 750ish..

Pics and videos will start coming soon!

December 10th 2014 Took the Car to Matt @ FSP for the following work.

AGP Twin turbo kit
54/57 Turbos
AGP CAI kit
Large Intercooler
ID850's
Livernois Dual fuel pump system
Alky control dual nozzle
FSP custom grind cam
AEM Truboost Controller
Autometer A Pillar pod
MSD shift light
3" inch Magnaflow Catback Exhaust with X pipe
Mantic Twin 9000 Clutch

Lakewood Sub-frame connectors
BMR Trailing Arms,
Rear, Polyurethane Bushings
BMR Toe Rods,
Rear, Polyurethane Bushings

Last edited by 1KillerSS; 12-17-2014 at 01:53 PM.
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
KriticalFlaco

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
should be a beast no doubt when "santa" is done with it....
KriticalFlaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:24 AM   #3
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Nice, good things do happen - Keep the Dream Alive!
Old 12-14-2014, 07:20 AM   #4
miller8907

Drives: 2014 SIM 1SS/RS
Nice build. I have twins in my dreams but it will be a while. Looking forward to seeing what you get out of them.

2014 1SS/RS LS3- NPP, CAI cold air intake, Elite catch can.
miller8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
1KillerSS
Account Suspended

Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
The wait is killing me!
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #6
fyibaiers

Drives: Camaro
started investing in parts that I could consider supporting mods. And also in some parts that I just wanted anyway for fun.
fyibaiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #7
1killer_SS

Consider all the mods to be installed listed above, that's what you'll be into if you want to do it all.

I also am adding
1500hp axles
Aluminum 1 piece Driveshaft
Strut tower bar.
If anybody knows of anything left out let me know lol
2012 1SS LS3 R1 Premiere cross drilled and slotted rotors / Hawk HPS pads / Vitesse Throttle controller, 25% SLP under drive pulley Car had full bolt-ons, however, at the moment the car is at santa's workshop getting getting remodded for an AGP Twin Turbo kit. 421WHP/401WTQ
1killer_SS is online now   Reply With Quote