Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Tower Decals
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,780
Do your headrests creep up?

I noticed this happening some on my 2010 but it is really annoying on my 2012. I have noticed every once in a while when I have leaned back in the seat I hear a click. I then notice the headrest is up higher than it was before. Does anyone else have this happen and can it be fixed?
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
SamHouseIII
I Carry!
 
SamHouseIII's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fletcher, Ok
Posts: 2,564
mine does it too. I just push it back down.
__________________
I am a Modaholic!! Please Help!! Do Not feed my addicition....See build...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261540

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I noticed this happening some on my 2010 but it is really annoying on my 2012. I have noticed every once in a while when I have leaned back in the seat I hear a click. I then notice the headrest is up higher than it was before. Does anyone else have this happen and can it be fixed?
Have you already checked with your dealership to see if they are able to see what the issue is? They should be able to correct it, if it is not supposed to be happening. On 3-2 in your owner's manual it states:

The height of the head restraint can be adjusted. Pull the head restraint up to raise it. Try to move the head restraint to make sure that it is locked in place. To lower the head restraint, press the button, located on the top of the seatback, and push the restraint down. Try to move the head restraint after the button is released to make sure that it is locked in place. The front seat outboard head restraints are not designed to be removed.

I hope this was helpful.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 17,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Have you already checked with your dealership to see if they are able to see what the issue is? They should be able to correct it, if it is not supposed to be happening. On 3-2 in your owner's manual it states:

The height of the head restraint can be adjusted. Pull the head restraint up to raise it. Try to move the head restraint to make sure that it is locked in place. To lower the head restraint, press the button, located on the top of the seatback, and push the restraint down. Try to move the head restraint after the button is released to make sure that it is locked in place. The front seat outboard head restraints are not designed to be removed.

I hope this was helpful.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
No I haven't taken it in yet, I was waiting for my first oil change and get it looked at at the same time.
I know they lock going down but they do not lock going up. After you release the button yu cannot push it down but you can pull it up. just about every car i have owned with adjustable head restraints work this way but only on my Camaros have they gone up on their own just by leaning back in the seat.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
No I haven't taken it in yet, I was waiting for my first oil change and get it looked at at the same time.
I know they lock going down but they do not lock going up. After you release the button yu cannot push it down but you can pull it up. just about every car i have owned with adjustable head restraints work this way but only on my Camaros have they gone up on their own just by leaning back in the seat.
Ok, great! Please let me know if they were able to address this for you. It sounds like there may be something wrong with the lock because according to the owner's manual it should lock whichever way it goes.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
akonechn
 
akonechn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Black 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 118
Mine creep up too. There's no lock going up, only when trying to push them down.
__________________

2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Black | RS Package | Hurst Short Throw Shifter | Sunroof | Polished Wheels
Pfadt Tri-Y Headers | Solo Mach X Catback | C.A.I. Intake | Vmax | Apex Intake Scoop & Washer Tank | Tuning by Mike Norris
Polished OEM Strut Brace | Black Front Bowtie | C6 Flags Rear Emblem | Black Tail Light Bezels | Window Tint | Stealth Turn Signal Bulbs
Ghosted Black LED Sidemarkers | Plasma LED DRL | DRL Harness | ABL LED Dome Light | LED Trunk & License Plate Lights

akonechn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
LadyT_SS
Christina
 
Drives: Red Jewel Tint 1SS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 160
I don't have that issue on my 2011
LadyT_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
bills98rise
 
Drives: 2011 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: St Thomas PA
Posts: 13
I just noticed earlier today, my headrest was up, almost the whole way, and didn't remember ever lifting it... LOL ! Subscribed
2011 SS
bills98rise is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.