Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
delius
David Hayter
 
delius's Avatar
 
Drives: F-body
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greensboro
Posts: 195
ALRIGHT ENOUGH

Obama....

How do you guys feel about him so far.

Just a few things to point out b4 i see some defensive posts

Doubled our Debt in his first 100 days...it had taken our nation more than 200 years to accumulate half of the nation's debt

New rediculous taxes
New Credit Regulations that will only hurt us who pay our bills
New emissions regulations that will push out performance cars and up car prices
Healthcare taxes
Proposed upped Utility rates

Hasn't really changed the wrong things...so far he taken things that have been breaking or broken...and then pissing all over it.

I am getting tired of it

I just laugh at all the people who i saw with obama yes we can shirts during the election and now i mention him and they try to deviate from the subject. lol.

Only thing that obama has accomplished that is a step in the right direction is being the first black man as president...nothing else.

I know its not fair measuring a president within his first quarter in office...but damn ...its not looking good...I mean Bush was awesome in his first Term...everyone loved him...Then the media got a hold of a retarded trend of blatant bush hating. The media needs to be regulated...not to infringe upon freedom of speech and the press...but more to regulate being able to be biased and influence someone's view. The press was put in place to present information to the public and enable a citizen to evaluate a situation and act on something if needed. But the current media networks take the self-evaluation out of the equation...and then we have these mindless drones goin around proclaiming that someone, or an ideal is so superior to the current practices or traditions and in such numbers...that logic is thrown out the window...You cannot name one network that is independent or neutral...its not existent.

Barack Obama needs to step up to the plate of being a President and stop playing the part of the Democrats Agenda.

Please keep the insults and the profanity to a minimum...I am just steppin back and looking at Obama's impact

I do not want Obama to fail...If he does...we could be in this recession alot longer.

oh...and also...Impeach Congress please
__________________


I want my camaro....NOOOOOOOOOOW!!! /turn yellow
delius is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
Scott@Bjorn3D


 
Scott@Bjorn3D's Avatar
 
Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eufaula, Alabama
Posts: 6,063
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
They are going to close this thread, we are not allowed to talk politics on Camaro5.com
__________________
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
delius
David Hayter
 
delius's Avatar
 
Drives: F-body
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greensboro
Posts: 195
We aren't ...that sucks...and kinda stupid seeing how the Camaro's future is going to be influenced heavily by policiticians and the president
__________________


I want my camaro....NOOOOOOOOOOW!!! /turn yellow
delius is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #4
Sierra

 
Sierra's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 1,052
I can understand not talking about politics. Because it gets heated, each of us has different views. I can see political discussions getting out of control.
__________________
On the 8th day God created the Camaro and all is good.
Sierra is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by delius View Post
Obama....

How do you guys feel about him so far.

Just a few things to point out b4 i see some defensive posts

Doubled our Debt in his first 100 days...it had taken our nation more than 200 years to accumulate half of the nation's debt

New rediculous taxes
New Credit Regulations that will only hurt us who pay our bills
New emissions regulations that will push out performance cars and up car prices
Healthcare taxes
Proposed upped Utility rates

Hasn't really changed the wrong things...so far he taken things that have been breaking or broken...and then pissing all over it.

I am getting tired of it

I just laugh at all the people who i saw with obama yes we can shirts during the election and now i mention him and they try to deviate from the subject. lol.

Only thing that obama has accomplished that is a step in the right direction is being the first black man as president...nothing else.

I know its not fair measuring a president within his first quarter in office...but damn ...its not looking good...I mean Bush was awesome in his first Term...everyone loved him...Then the media got a hold of a retarded trend of blatant bush hating. The media needs to be regulated...not to infringe upon freedom of speech and the press...but more to regulate being able to be biased and influence someone's view. The press was put in place to present information to the public and enable a citizen to evaluate a situation and act on something if needed. But the current media networks take the self-evaluation out of the equation...and then we have these mindless drones goin around proclaiming that someone, or an ideal is so superior to the current practices or traditions and in such numbers...that logic is thrown out the window...You cannot name one network that is independent or neutral...its not existent.

Barack Obama needs to step up to the plate of being a President and stop playing the part of the Democrats Agenda.

Please keep the insults and the profanity to a minimum...I am just steppin back and looking at Obama's impact

I do not want Obama to fail...If he does...we could be in this recession alot longer.

oh...and also...Impeach Congress please


Funny how you dont mention he has been left with the former presidents mess.
he didn't create the current status now did he? but he gets blamed for it in your eyes?
fdjizm is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,176
Hooray for people who don't read the rules and post anyways. Enjoy your warning
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #7
dbotsfordtat
 
dbotsfordtat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Omahell, Nebraska
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by delius View Post
Obama....

How do you guys feel about him so far.

Just a few things to point out b4 i see some defensive posts

Doubled our Debt in his first 100 days...it had taken our nation more than 200 years to accumulate half of the nation's debt

New rediculous taxes
New Credit Regulations that will only hurt us who pay our bills
New emissions regulations that will push out performance cars and up car prices
Healthcare taxes
Proposed upped Utility rates

Hasn't really changed the wrong things...so far he taken things that have been breaking or broken...and then pissing all over it.

I am getting tired of it

I just laugh at all the people who i saw with obama yes we can shirts during the election and now i mention him and they try to deviate from the subject. lol.

Only thing that obama has accomplished that is a step in the right direction is being the first black man as president...nothing else.

I know its not fair measuring a president within his first quarter in office...but damn ...its not looking good...I mean Bush was awesome in his first Term...everyone loved him...Then the media got a hold of a retarded trend of blatant bush hating. The media needs to be regulated...not to infringe upon freedom of speech and the press...but more to regulate being able to be biased and influence someone's view. The press was put in place to present information to the public and enable a citizen to evaluate a situation and act on something if needed. But the current media networks take the self-evaluation out of the equation...and then we have these mindless drones goin around proclaiming that someone, or an ideal is so superior to the current practices or traditions and in such numbers...that logic is thrown out the window...You cannot name one network that is independent or neutral...its not existent.

Barack Obama needs to step up to the plate of being a President and stop playing the part of the Democrats Agenda.

Please keep the insults and the profanity to a minimum...I am just steppin back and looking at Obama's impact

I do not want Obama to fail...If he does...we could be in this recession alot longer.

oh...and also...Impeach Congress please
How about you take your diatribe somewhere else. I come here to discuss the Camaro, not your political viewpoint.
I wish people that hate America would just move to another Country, Jeez.
__________________
D.R.

Ordered 11-04-08, NFHCTC
dbotsfordtat is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 07:51 AM   #8
BigRigMike
 
BigRigMike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Ford Fusion
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 374
I wish i could respond but it is pointless because i am fairly sure this thread will be deleted.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7988
BigRigMike is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #9
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR
 
Jamie Mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
How about you take your diatribe somewhere else. I come here to discuss the Camaro, not your political viewpoint.
I wish people that hate America would just move to another Country, Jeez.
Well this is off topic discussions so you are not guaranteed to be talking Camaro here. To the OP, yeah I've got a lot to say on these issues but...
__________________
When Mullets drove Camaro's, they didn't just know their car was fast, they set down their wax applicator and proved their car was fast. -J.M. March, 2012
Jamie Mac is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 08:19 AM   #10
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 4,015
I've read the thread, and there are a couple "borderline" posts.

That being said, I'm (If another Mod./Admin. has a different decision, I will respect that) choosing to give you all the opportunity to discuss your feelings on how this may affect the Camaro, and future cars in general.

But, if it turns into a "heated" discussion concerning politics solely, it will be closed immediately.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and has a right to vote for whomever they choose. But as has been discussed in the past, we're choosing to keep politics OUT of this forum and focus on the Camaro primarily.

Thank You
Ed
Moose is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #11
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
How about you take your diatribe somewhere else. I come here to discuss the Camaro, not your political viewpoint.
I wish people that hate America would just move to another Country, Jeez.
Sorry have to comment on this, but just because you dont approve of the leadership doesnt mean you actually hate america, i am not a fan of president bush but he is not AMERICA he is one person. i love the place i live, but i dont have to like everyone in america to be an american. being american doesnt have much to do with being in love with your mayor, congressman, president etc....
fdjizm is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
delius
David Hayter
 
delius's Avatar
 
Drives: F-body
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Greensboro
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Funny how you dont mention he has been left with the former presidents mess.
he didn't create the current status now did he? but he gets blamed for it in your eyes?
What former's president are you talking about...What did Bush do so that companies and congress approved rediculous programs?

In fact Bush is the one that kept rediculous programs at bay and the ones the went through were always voted over his veto.

If you are implying that Bush left us with a recession...I dont see how...The President doesn't legislate.

I am not blamin the economy on obama...I am blaming Obama for his poor decisions...He might have killed the Camaro's future production years...or atleast the current setup.

I do not want to be driving around a 4 banger camaro

We should all watch closely on whats happening with the Auto Industry...If regulations are laid on so heavy...the Camaro and Vette are definitely not going to be what we are used to. Its not going to be fun anymore
__________________


I want my camaro....NOOOOOOOOOOW!!! /turn yellow
delius is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #13
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
All i am saying....

Bill Clinton FTW
fdjizm is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #14
dbotsfordtat
 
dbotsfordtat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro & 2008 Corvette
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Omahell, Nebraska
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Sorry have to comment on this, but just because you dont approve of the leadership doesnt mean you actually hate america, i am not a fan of president bush but he is not AMERICA he is one person. i love the place i live, but i dont have to like everyone in america to be an american. being american doesnt have much to do with being in love with your mayor, congressman, president etc....

It was an attempt at sarcasm. Being as the OP assumed we all loved GWB during his first term I felt it was warranted. Here is some more, "The Camaro would have been produced two years earlier and 500lbs lighter if that pretzel had been just a little bigger."
__________________
D.R.

Ordered 11-04-08, NFHCTC
dbotsfordtat is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #15
Moose
Moderator
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newtown, Pa.
Posts: 4,015
OK. I see my request/suggestion isn't being taken seriously.

That being said; if this thread continue down this path, it will be closed. I believe I've explained why.

If you want to discuss how this Administration's decisions may affect the Camaro and auto industry in general, that will be allowed, and monitored closely.

Consider this a final "warning".
Moose is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #16
Muscle Master
SS Lightning
 
Muscle Master's Avatar
 
Drives: An SRT8
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cinnaminson, NJ
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by delius View Post
What former's president are you talking about...What did Bush do so that companies and congress approved rediculous programs?

In fact Bush is the one that kept rediculous programs at bay and the ones the went through were always voted over his veto.

If you are implying that Bush left us with a recession...I dont see how...The President doesn't legislate.

I am not blamin the economy on obama...I am blaming Obama for his poor decisions...He might have killed the Camaro's future production years...or atleast the current setup.

I do not want to be driving around a 4 banger camaro

We should all watch closely on whats happening with the Auto Industry...If regulations are laid on so heavy...the Camaro and Vette are definitely not going to be what we are used to. Its not going to be fun anymore

In all perspective .... he didn't have a choice
__________________

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #17
diddiyo


 
Drives: .
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .
Posts: 3,073
thanks for the good laugh, i needed that this morning.

oh and btw, in before close!
diddiyo is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alright. I have seen all kinds of different dates for official release date. Shaggy 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 21 03-22-2009 11:40 PM
Alright...got a whipple in my sights delius Forced Induction - V8 21 02-05-2009 09:34 AM
Alright who's the wise guy.. Boomer Sooner Off-topic Discussions 8 01-05-2009 08:32 AM
Is it alright for Asians???? minibus135 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 45 08-02-2008 03:42 PM
Alright, totally off topic, but I have to ask..... Silverado Off-topic Discussions 6 08-15-2007 12:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.