Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #251
BaylorCamaro
AutoX is for fast DRIVERS

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Ohh look at you and your nifty green light!

Looking good Green Lantern
Old 07-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #252
J-Rod6410
M6 10 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Update. Just tied into driver side O2 for the wide band. I Mr. Non-Mechanic did that so feel free to pat me on the back lol.
What do you mean by this?? You "MUST" install the bung that comes with the wideband gauge and install your wideband sensor in there! You cannot leave any of the O2 sensors out or tap into the wiring of any of the O2 sensors

Please explain........................................... .

919RWHP 749RWTQ ECS S/C stock bottom end
Built by: J-Rod.... Tuned by: Matt Sorian @ FSP (floridaspeedandpower.com)
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: J_Rod6410
Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #253
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
What do you mean by this?? You "MUST" install the bung that comes with the wideband gauge and install your wideband sensor in there! You cannot leave any of the O2 sensors out or tap into the wiring of any of the O2 sensors

Please explain........................................... .
Thank you for asking that question. It's stainless steel and so how do I go about welding that into there? I live in a small town. How did you guys do V6's? Where did you tap into? I have SW LT's with HFC's. Would I tap into after the second O2 sensor?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #254
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
I tapped directly on the header itself

Pm me your number and I can send you a quick picture
Old 07-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #255
J-Rod6410
M6 10 second club

Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
BEFORE THE CAT IS BETTER BUT AFTER THE CAT WILL WORK ALSO. mOST MUFFLER SHOPS SHOULD BE ABLE TO WELD IT ON THERE.

919RWHP 749RWTQ ECS S/C stock bottom end
Built by: J-Rod.... Tuned by: Matt Sorian @ FSP (floridaspeedandpower.com)
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: J_Rod6410
Old 07-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #256
BaylorCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
I tapped directly on the header itself
same

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
BEFORE THE CAT IS BETTER BUT AFTER THE CAT WILL WORK ALSO. mOST MUFFLER SHOPS SHOULD BE ABLE TO WELD IT ON THERE.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #257
SIXJAK

Okay but supposedly the tune leaves the rear O2's out of the equation. How do people run catless? My local muffler shop will do it but they always say welding onto SS is not good....rust.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #258
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Okay but supposedly the tune leaves the rear O2's out of the equation. How do people run catless? My local muffler shop will do it but they always say welding onto SS is not good....rust.
on those two quesitons. I'm curious as well.

If the rear 02 sensors are no useless because of the tune...can it hurt to have the wideband installed there? (besides the fact that it may be better to install it before the cats)
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #259
BaylorCamaro

That's what I thought too, however I believe V6owner tried that and was getting a CEL or something.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #260
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
V6owners was having issues because his O2's were not shut down. I know us TT owners have ours rears off as we don't have any cats. And our rear O2's are just zip tied under the car. Tracy tapped a hole in my pipe and welded a threaded adapter so I can remove the wideband when needed.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #261
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Cisco is correct. My wideband reading was all over the place due to my rear O2's not being shut off
Old 07-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #262
SIXJAK

Ok so it looks like I'll be takin it in into the muffler shop to get that welded in. This is going to be a fun conversation with Jon tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #263
riki3fan
Camaro Obsessed

Drives: 2014 BRM 2SS/RS, 2011 IBM 2LT/RS FI
Send a message via Yahoo to riki3fan
Good to know. My gauges have been shipped and are supposed to be delivered on Tuesday. Already got the pillar pod in. I'll have to get hubby to read this thread so he'll know what to do with mine!

Mods Coming Soon:
Full Header back exhaust system with High Flow Cats, CAI, Gill Stripes, and more

Dyno Coming Soon

1/16/14-Placed order at dealer > 2/18/14-Order produced > 3/14/14-Vehicle delivered to customer

NOW FOR SALE: Eva "Blue Devil" - 2011 2LT/RS M6 IBM w/White Rally Stripes & Gill Stripes

Link to the sale details:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343291

Dyno Results at a Mile High:
Pre-SC - 235RWHP -------> Post-SC - 360RWHP! BIG DIFFERENCE!!! What a rush!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #264
SIXJAK

Left front fender liner still is not in. Installer has had a ton of personal issues dropped into his lap-he seems to be the savior/quality control/shepherd of his family so it is what it is. Just have a few things left to do:
Reinstall crash bar.
Wire up washer bottle.
Get bung welded in for wideband.
Wire up wide band and boost gauges.
Install left fender liner-not in yet.
Reinstall front clip.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:03 AM   #265
SIXJAK

More paint drying i.e. my slow SC install. Today we opened the door on the car. Then we looked at the car for awhile. Okay it wasn't that bad.

Got the washer bottle hooked up. Put the nose clip on temporarily to do some driving. I did a little driving around the parking lot tonight after the show. Man that head unit is embarrassingly noisy but only at idle. Anybody else find this to be the case? Anyway Jon and I went for a cruise cuz he wanted to show me how the motor doesn't decel when you let off the gas. It just kind of hovers. It also sounds like the BOV is releasing while cruising nice and easy in say 4th at 35. Him and my bro with the SC SS did a little flexing on an undisclosed ahem "private road" and the conclusion was that SC'd SS is faster. Duhhhhhhh. Jon said he wasn't WOT though either. Not that it would have produced a different outcome. It does seem to be boosting just not sure how much yet. We'll get the boost gauge wired up tomorrow and then hopefully the wide band on Monday when I can get it into the muffler shop. Then I think we're officially done with the install. I'll have the car tomorrow and I'm gonna try and do some data logs and send them to Trifecta. I thot somebody said he's on vacation next week though.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:58 AM   #266
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Embarrassing??? No way!! I love that sound at idle! Roll through a parking lot full of car enthusiasts and watch the heads turn!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #267
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Yeah like scrming said those in the know will be very into the sound. V6owner had messaged me about the tweety bird sound from the BOV and told him it was normal also. If you look on YouTube you will see that all Vortech chargers sound the same. AND GET THAT WIDEBAND INSTALLED ALREADY!!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #268
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Yeah like scrming said those in the know will be very into the sound. V6owner had messaged me about the tweety bird sound from the BOV and told him it was normal also. If you look on YouTube you will see that all Vortech chargers sound the same. AND GET THAT WIDEBAND INSTALLED ALREADY!!
The bigger hose helped a lot for the BOV. It only tweets a second then "pshhhh"
Old 07-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #269
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Embarrassing??? No way!! I love that sound at idle! Roll through a parking lot full of car enthusiasts and watch the heads turn!
Well the turbine jet sound is pretty bawss. It's the "hey I think you have a bad bearing" sound that kinda makes you go hmmmm. At idle it 1 part cool turbine sound and 3 parts the other sound. But it's only at idle and worse if the AC is on.

Quote:
Ima going to the muffler shop first thing Monday morning to get that bung welded in. Then we can get that wide band hooked up. Yeah Jon already warned me about the turkey gobbler BOV sound as he put it. I don't have any issues with that. It's kind of funny. I would prefer the single pshhewww and I may change it out down the road. The main thing that seems odd is when you take your foot off the gas, the motor doesn't seem to decel so it sounds like something prolly needs to be adjusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
The bigger hose helped a lot for the BOV. It only tweets a second then "pshhhh"
What do you mean bigger hose?
Old 07-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #270
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Yeah, you should hear my car now. The new HPFP makes a very different noise than the stock one. With the vacuum pump on it is whezzing and sneezing all the time. You'd think the car was about to give up the ghost. My car sounds worse and worse all the time. Think I need to do cut outs just to mask it all (J/K).
Build Thread
Old 07-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #271
BaylorCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
My car sounds worse and worse all the time. Think I need to do cut outs just to mask it all (J/K).
Old 07-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #272
SIXJAK

I should prolly just put everything back to stock and enjoy my car that way. LOL.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #273
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
I should prolly just put everything back to stock and enjoy my car that way. LOL.
Lmao I don't see you being happy after tasting FI. Ask V6owner what I told him to do to get his sounding like that.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #274
SIXJAK

Quote:
Lmao I don't see you being happy after tasting FI. Ask V6owner what I told him to do to get his sounding like that.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

After feeling that pressured boosted feeling just riding shotgun last night I know I'm gonna love this. Boost gauge should be going in today. Wonder if my left fender liner will show up today at the dealership. Hate having my intake so exposed. I'll see if I can take a picture of it while I still have the jacked up fendeliner on it and post it up. This car will not be fording any puddles or streams anytime soon.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #275
SIXJAK

Had wide band O2 welded into the pipe this morning. That is all.

Still need to install gauges so we can better assess why I'm not getting much if any boost. Also need to install new fender liners and modded crash bar and all the pieces will be in/on. I have the tweener pulley.

Installer has a lot of personal issues hitting him from all sides so my install has pretty much come to a stand still. :/

Closed Thread

Tags
lol