Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #85
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce34 View Post
Jak,

What was the dealership going to do to fix the rattle from the exhaust? I have the SOLO exhaust and it has been driving me nuts as well.
They are painstakingly re-shaping portions of the transmission tunnel heat shield. I believe they even pulled the tranny to look at the clutch assembly to rule that out which they did. It sounds like a simple problem but trust me, it has been a royal PITA huniting this noise down. As of 4:30 pm today they felt like they had it 60% solved. It's tight in there but the SS is running 2.5" pipes....

Holy crap I just read the TBSS thread. ROFL. Glad you shaved your beard, Screamin. That Flex is amazing.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 07-13-2012 at 12:35 AM.
SIXJAK is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #86
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
You sir just made my week!



Does it sound like this at all??


As some of you know I have created a thread about some random squeak and I haven't been able to pin point it. I'll pop my hood because it sounds like it's coming from the engine bay. However when I listen to the engine bay it is hard to hear, granted there is a lot of other noise in there too. However when I lay down on either side or in front of the car I can hear it. I'm wondering if it's an exhaust leak. However I didn't think an exhaust leak sounded like that. Like I said in my other thread, I'll have an automotive stethoscope this weekend so hopefully I can pin point it.

However I do not have SOLO exhaust. Just ARH LT headers, high flow cats, stock SS mid pipes and MRT v1 exhaust. Anyone ideas? I originally thought it was a bearing going bad in a pulley, but it sounds like it coming from the driver said header or under the car...
Mine sounds nothing like this. It only happens during moderate to heavy acceleration. Like something is rubbing/touching metal to metal...cuz apparantly it is. It's more pronounced the hotter it is. I'm guessing all the parts are even hotter in 100+ temperature thus expanded even more so vs. a 60 degree day.
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #87
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
They are painstakingly re-shaping portions of the transmission tunnel heat shield. I believe they even pulled the tranny to look at the clutch assembly to rule that out which they did. It sounds like a simple problem but trust me, it has been a royal PITA huniting this noise down. As of 4:30 pm today they felt like they had it 60% solved. It's tight in there but the SS is running 2.5" pipes....

Holy crap I just read the TBSS thread. ROFL. Glad you shaved your beard, Screamin. That Flex is amazing.
Thanks!

And yes, that TBSS thread was the funniest thing I've read in a while! Of course i'm still getting teased about being the "old man" LOL
scrming is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #88
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!
 
scrming's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 Second Brick
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: at my pulpit
Posts: 7,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
You sir just made my week!


scrming is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #89
SIXJAK


 
SIXJAK's Avatar
 
Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branson MO
Posts: 2,566
Dealer called and said my car is ready......
__________________
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #90
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Dealer called and said my car is ready......
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #91
smoke1lt
 
smoke1lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Dealer called and said my car is ready......
Does this mean the SC kit install is going to start soon?
__________________
RX-SUPERCHARGED/RX SUPER CHILLER/RX TB/RX PORTED IM/BLACK ICE-OLATER/BBK LT HEADERS/HFC/ARK-DTS CATBACK/EIBACH SPRINGS AND SWAYBARS/ORION SUBS AND AMPS...next mods RX od pulley ,3.91 gears
smoke1lt is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #92
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
Does this mean the SC kit install is going to start soon?
Unrelated to the topic. But I was just reading your sig Smoke and our mods are pretty identical, with the only real difference being the brand on some of the mods.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #93
smoke1lt
 
smoke1lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Unrelated to the topic. But I was just reading your sig Smoke and our mods are pretty identical, with the only real difference being the brand on some of the mods.
Yes,and SIX has about the same setup also.Isnt it nice to be able to run a SC with all those extra bolt on mods? Tracy is going to put a meth kit on mine while the car is back at RX,to see if that will help the tunning with the od pulley.
__________________
RX-SUPERCHARGED/RX SUPER CHILLER/RX TB/RX PORTED IM/BLACK ICE-OLATER/BBK LT HEADERS/HFC/ARK-DTS CATBACK/EIBACH SPRINGS AND SWAYBARS/ORION SUBS AND AMPS...next mods RX od pulley ,3.91 gears
smoke1lt is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #94
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
Yes,and SIX has about the same setup also.Isnt it nice to be able to run a SC with all those extra bolt on mods? Tracy is going to put a meth kit on mine while the car is back at RX,to see if that will help the tunning with the od pulley.
I also have the meth kit but haven't installed yet. I want to fix my O2 first and see if everything is running good
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #95
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
Yes,and SIX has about the same setup also.Isnt it nice to be able to run a SC with all those extra bolt on mods? Tracy is going to put a meth kit on mine while the car is back at RX,to see if that will help the tunning with the od pulley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
I also have the meth kit but haven't installed yet. I want to fix my O2 first and see if everything is running good
Seems like I'm going to have to get on board with the Meth Kit. When I was talking to Vince about my fuel system issue he said that a Meth Kit should fix that issue without having to use a new fuel pump.

V6owner, let me know who does your install for the Meth Kit, as I don't care too much for the performance shop by my house (G-Force Motorsports), they really don't care for anything that isn't 8+ cylinders and def don't get the whole "V6 thing"
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #96
smoke1lt
 
smoke1lt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Seems like I'm going to have to get on board with the Meth Kit. When I was talking to Vince about my fuel system issue he said that a Meth Kit should fix that issue without having to use a new fuel pump.

V6owner, let me know who does your install for the Meth Kit, as I don't care too much for the performance shop by my house (G-Force Motorsports), they really don't care for anything that isn't 8+ cylinders and def don't get the whole "V6 thing"
That would be great if we could run the od pulley and meth kit and not have to mess around with the new after market upgraded hpfp fuel pump,Maybe Tracy can try the od and meth first and see what happens.
__________________
RX-SUPERCHARGED/RX SUPER CHILLER/RX TB/RX PORTED IM/BLACK ICE-OLATER/BBK LT HEADERS/HFC/ARK-DTS CATBACK/EIBACH SPRINGS AND SWAYBARS/ORION SUBS AND AMPS...next mods RX od pulley ,3.91 gears
smoke1lt is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #97
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1lt View Post
That would be great if we could run the od pulley and meth kit and not have to mess around with the new after market upgraded hpfp fuel pump,Maybe Tracy can try the od and meth first and see what happens.
Honestly I think he should (hopefully he reads this thread, OR you could tell him ) Reason being, when I talked to Vince, he didn't feel entirely confident about the HPFP and it being completely compatable. I know I would rather have just the Meth kit if that would fix the problem, rather than using the HPFP that our awesome tuner doesn't feel completely confident in. He did however suggest that a Meth Kit should be able to fix the problem by itself. The stock pulley makes like what 5-6psi of boost? And our fuel system seems to be failing aound 8-9+ psi of boost, so if we had the meth kit kick in at 7 or 8 psi of boost I think we'd be golden.
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #98
SC2150
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 6,069
Yes, the Meth kit worked on our early builds great, so that is going to be the answer right now.


Got the MAF worked out.
SC2150 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
lol

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.