Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
chandler

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Polished Wheel Missing Paint

I have these blemishes on the insides of two of my 20” polished wheels. The areas appear to missing the silver paint that is on the inside of the wheel but the wheel is completely clear coated. Has anyone ever seen wheels like this?
I have brought this to my dealer’s attention and they concluded that someone took a polisher to the wheel. I chuckled and said I agree, the wheels are polished so a polisher did touch these wheels but there is clear coat over the area in question. I feel this is a warranty issue. I felt, if the wheel had been polished after I took delivery, you should be able to feel an edge where the clear and silver paint was removed…you can’t. There would be a noticeable change in sheen where the clear is removed…there isn’t. I took wax and tried to polish the area. My rag was completely clean. It had no black residue from the bare aluminum. The bottom line…they said that they were not “finish” experts so when I return to get the other items repaired they will have a person come over from the local body shop to determine if the clear coat is missing or not.
Attached Images

Last edited by chandler; 07-07-2012 at 06:44 PM.
chandler is offline   Reply With Quote