Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
yzark99

Drives: 2012 Silver Ice 1LT
A question for Steve@subthump

I've already tried emailing Subthump directly twice with zero responses. What I would like is the "2010-2012 Camaro Passenger Side Amp Mounting Board" factory modified into a "Driver Side Amp Mounting Board". Driver's side mounting would save about five feet of power cable which would help in total amps to the amps. I have a second amp now, and I can't hang them both from the rear deck. I would prefer to have them side by side.

Thank you.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I called his shop and ordered one.

jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Steve@Subthump

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
I have never rec'd any emails of such, but our driver's side and passenger side mount is the same, just carpeted different in order to have the seams on the opposite side. Which we can do no problem. Btw, there is not much savings of power cable--I'd say maybe about a foot to the left versus the right. The big savings would be your rca cable length.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
yzark99

Drives: 2012 Silver Ice 1LT
Thanks for responding, my emails were sent last year directly to your website. I will need to check for possibly routing the power wire to the passenger side from the alternator lead cut-out in the spare well, and then in front of the pass-through tunnel. RCAs are not an issue at this time, as my amps have speaker-level inputs. I would have to wire up RCAs from the rear of the stock head unit if I went that route. That may make sense for the front speakers, but the sub has zero signal or noise problems with tapping into the rear speaker wiring.

I will make a decision and place an order this month.