Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Alex12
 
Alex12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 silver Camaro 2LT RS V6
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Valencia,ca
Posts: 132
Best cold air intake for 2012 2LT V6??

Hey there friends,
so i am looking to install a Cold Air Intake into my 2012 2LT V6 camaro..buut have no idea which one to get
ive heard of K&N, AEM, Inductions, Airraid, and others but dont know which is the best or most popular or whatever
so please help out! appreictae it and thanks!
Alex12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Yohan
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 289
Go with the "cold air induction" kit. Its $399, but its the bestb quality and great performance and looks. Others to check out are Roto-fab, Volant, Injen, and k&n.

Highly recommend u get it from www.apex-speed.com

Great service and forum sponsors
Yohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
SimpleGreen

 
Drives: 2013 1SS/1LE IOM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southeast Louisiana
Posts: 1,198
I plan on buying the CAI from Cold Air Inductions along with the air scoop and bottle re locator. Pricey for all of that ($500-550) but to me seems like the best route for a car I plan on keeping. It also has extremely good reviews both on its function and quality.
__________________
'13 1SS/1LE-Inferno Orange-Borla SType-Katzins-RotoFab-Elite Engineering-Michelin AS3-IOM Interior Pack
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
Go with the "cold air induction" kit. Its $399, but its the bestb quality and great performance and looks. Others to check out are Roto-fab, Volant, Injen, and k&n.

Highly recommend u get it from www.apex-speed.com

Great service and forum sponsors
Thank you for the link and feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
I plan on buying the CAI from Cold Air Inductions along with the air scoop and bottle re locator. Pricey for all of that ($500-550) but to me seems like the best route for a car I plan on keeping. It also has extremely good reviews both on its function and quality.
This is a very popular set up for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Outstanding gains across the RPM range, not just at the peak, and quality that is second to none. And did I mention that is sounds awesome?
__________________
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Alex12
 
Alex12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 silver Camaro 2LT RS V6
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Valencia,ca
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Thank you for the link and feedback.



This is a very popular set up for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Outstanding gains across the RPM range, not just at the peak, and quality that is second to none. And did I mention that is sounds awesome?

thanks alot guys! i have recieved a lot of feedback towards K&N and now cold air inductions, and inductions seems more... outstanding! i will lok into it!
Alex12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex12 View Post
thanks alot guys! i have recieved a lot of feedback towards K&N and now cold air inductions, and inductions seems more... outstanding! i will lok into it!
There is a reason that most of our dealers report that they sell more of our cold air intakes for the Camaro than any other manufacturer. Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to help you any way that I can!
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
fsusmithc2
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
fsusmithc2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1LT/RS A6
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 818
C.A.I intakes are the bee's knees and they look pretty sharp too. I have the scoop and remote bottle attached to it.

Kinda wish I had the Roto-Fab washer bottle though as I think it looks a bit more like it's supposed to be where it goes and looks more factory-ish. That, and the bottle riding shotgun on the scoop is smaller in volume by a good bit and is kinda tricky to fill due to the tube and no easy way to vent. It does work, mind you, so if you can get a package deal I'd say go for it!
__________________
2012 1LT/RS A6 - 14.11 @ 99.75mph
Performance: CAI intake w/scoop - Ark N-II cat-back - V-Max ported TB - SOLO HFCs - RX catch can - LSR strut brace
Appearance: Hexis vinyl cf bowties (Headlight Armor) - Oracle ABL interior, grill, and under-hood lighting, P13W plasma DRLs, ghosted sidemarkers - LSR billet strut retainers - 30% tint w/ 5% front strip - Dash plaque and under-hood bowtie by EmblemPros - Custom painted engine and fuse covers - Heritage grill - Gill stripes by Big Worm Graphix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Black paint isn't a hobby, its a career. Get used to it
*How to hug your Camaro*
fsusmithc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 View Post
C.A.I intakes are the bee's knees and they look pretty sharp too. I have the scoop and remote bottle attached to it.

Kinda wish I had the Roto-Fab washer bottle though as I think it looks a bit more like it's supposed to be where it goes and looks more factory-ish. That, and the bottle riding shotgun on the scoop is smaller in volume by a good bit and is kinda tricky to fill due to the tube and no easy way to vent. It does work, mind you, so if you can get a package deal I'd say go for it!
Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! Glad you are happy with your purchase!!
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
AKA-22

 
AKA-22's Avatar
 
Drives: Ellie-1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Farmington ,mo
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! Glad you are happy with your purchase!!
these guys are the best hands down!!!
__________________
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
45th in Georgia
 
45th in Georgia's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Middle Georgia
Posts: 106
Just ordered my cold air intake from CAI....... thanks for all the great input from all the members.
45th in Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #11
bluecam805
Team LFX
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 272
are the c.a.i cones smaller than those of roto fab? in pics it looks smaller because the roto fab i have barely has room for the giant cone
__________________
2.5" cat- back Magnaflow exhaust w. resonated x pipe, Roto Fab CAI .. .. JL sound system, Halo fog lights, Escort radar, window tint + turn signals
bluecam805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
stmeria
 
Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Endicott, NY
Posts: 16
2012 V6 CAI

Just Installed my CAI, the sound is amazing and the throttle response is much better and gain in power is noticeable
Thanks to CAI
Attached Images
   
stmeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!
 
tjd24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 3,446
Another vote for Cold Air Inductions CAI -- delighted customer since January 2011 - no issues - great quality has held-up like new over 35K miles
Attached Images
 
__________________
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/tjd24 http://ny5thgen.com/TJD_RS.htm
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 & booked for #5
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #14
V6 LS Supercar
I hate the AY6
 
V6 LS Supercar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Washington NC
Posts: 305
Ive had mine on for a bit and still love it. I still grin every time i hear the roar from it.
V6 LS Supercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #15
Alex12
 
Alex12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 silver Camaro 2LT RS V6
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Valencia,ca
Posts: 132
im all decided guys! all your support just makes me more excited!
getting my CAI installed hopefully june 9!
__________________
Alex12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 LS Supercar View Post
Ive had mine on for a bit and still love it. I still grin every time i hear the roar from it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex12 View Post
im all decided guys! all your support just makes me more excited!
getting my CAI installed hopefully june 9!
Congrats!
__________________
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #17
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex12 View Post
im all decided guys! all your support just makes me more excited!
getting my CAI installed hopefully june 9!
Awesome man, thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #18
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
menendez1293's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tallahassee FL
Posts: 9,004
Very nice CAI inc get my vote as well. Love mine for my LLT
__________________
Proud owner of litho #179 Click Picture for Build Thread
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #19
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Very nice CAI inc get my vote as well. Love mine for my LLT
Thanks!!

We appreciate your business and support very much!
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
GAHDOOSH
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 445
Stiiiil waiting on Vararam for the LFX
__________________
2013 2LT/RS V6 Manual 6-Speed w/ Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake, VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Drake Bowtie Delete, SJM Autoprod Dash ABL kit, Side Marker Tint, Reverse Light Tint, Window Tint

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #21
bagelluvr
 
bagelluvr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lewisville, NC
Posts: 96
I am leaning towards CAI but I have a general question about the setup for any system. Are there any advantages for relocating the windshield washer bottle?
bagelluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #22
Alex12
 
Alex12's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 silver Camaro 2LT RS V6
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Valencia,ca
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelluvr View Post
I am leaning towards CAI but I have a general question about the setup for any system. Are there any advantages for relocating the windshield washer bottle?

you have to relocate the windshield washer bottle?
ive never heard that
__________________
Alex12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #23
Apex Chase

 
Apex Chase's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 22,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelluvr View Post
I am leaning towards CAI but I have a general question about the setup for any system. Are there any advantages for relocating the windshield washer bottle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex12 View Post
you have to relocate the windshield washer bottle?
ive never heard that
No. With the CAI Inc system you DO NOT have to relocated the washer tank. You do have the option to add an air scoop to increase air flow to the intake and make even more power. Adding the scoop DOES require a washer tank relocation.
__________________
Apex Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #24
bagelluvr
 
bagelluvr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lewisville, NC
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
No. With the CAI Inc system you DO NOT have to relocated the washer tank. You do have the option to add an air scoop to increase air flow to the intake and make even more power. Adding the scoop DOES require a washer tank relocation.

Thanks for clarifying that Chase! Always nice to get information from a professional not opinions.
bagelluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #25
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
No. With the CAI Inc system you DO NOT have to relocated the washer tank. You do have the option to add an air scoop to increase air flow to the intake and make even more power. Adding the scoop DOES require a washer tank relocation.
+1, NO MODIFICATIONS ARE NEEDED OR REQUIRED TO INSTALL OUR CAI.

Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
__________________
Call Us: 810.392.9999 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.