Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Jammin Jordan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Exclamation Moved from TX to NM and now have issues starting

I just PCS'd to New Mexico from Texas which is where I bought my 2010 Camaro 2SS L99. Ever since I got here (this past weekend), every time I go to start my car it will crank fine, then hiccup and almost die as it's first starting, and usually recovers in 3-5 sec. If I crack the throttle as it's "stumbling" this seems to help it recover. If I use the Auto-Start, it has actually failed to keep running due to this "stumbling" at the start.

I was disappointed to see the only premium gas in town (even on base) is only 90 octane when I normally use 93. The elevation is much higher here as well. I'm assuming either of these factors could be causing this?

I just changed the oil the day before I moved. 17k miles. Also, I have a K&N CAI and GM Perf Axle-back exh.

Thoughts??
Jammin Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
edgehead2000
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM M6

Drives: Nemesis
Could be the elevation but I doubt that's the cause for your situation since Alamogordo isn't that high in elevation; I routinely make the trip from Albuquerque and have no issues.

Maybe post in New Mexico's Southwest forum for more insight.
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
jenL

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th, 2013 Boss 302
I don't think it's the elevation or the gas. I have the same problem sporatically. I live in South Texas and use nothing but 93 since the day we bought it. I have 14000 miles and no mods except for a muffler delete. It has happened only about a dozen or so times, but it still bothers me. I did ask the service tech about it when I had it in for an oil change, but he said that it cranked fine for him and he just dismissed it. I'm taking it to the dealer next week (ac leaks into passenger footwell & squeaky sunroof) so I'm going to ask them to check it out again. I'm sure I'll get the same response since it doesn't happen all the time.
jenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenL View Post
I don't think it's the elevation or the gas. I have the same problem sporatically. I live in South Texas and use nothing but 93 since the day we bought it. I have 14000 miles and no mods except for a muffler delete. It has happened only about a dozen or so times, but it still bothers me. I did ask the service tech about it when I had it in for an oil change, but he said that it cranked fine for him and he just dismissed it. I'm taking it to the dealer next week (ac leaks into passenger footwell & squeaky sunroof) so I'm going to ask them to check it out again. I'm sure I'll get the same response since it doesn't happen all the time.
I am sorry to hear of this. Please let us know how your service appointment goes. We are here if you need to leave any feedback!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
I would check the throttle body. Might be dirty with oil residue and having trouble maintaining smooth air flow.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
jenL

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 45th, 2013 Boss 302
Well the service appointment was a huge waste of my time! I told the lady that I had a few other issues I wanted checked out (the starting issues and my passenger door does doesn't sit flush with the body) She told me that they didn't really have time to take a look at anything other than what I initially talked to them about (a/c and sunroof), but said that they might squeeze it in. She asked if I had a CEL and I said no. The lady huffed and said "this sounds like it will be impossible to duplicate...you're leaving it with us, right". I said I had no plans to leave it, I had to drive an hour to get there and my husband was at work and couldn't pick me up so I'll just wait. -another huff-
I then asked her if they use anything to protect the car from scratches while they work under the hood. -another huff- She said NO we don't do that. She then heads to my car and begins to repeatedly open and slam shut my passenger door. I told her you don't need to open the door, you can actually look straight down the body and see that the door doesn't sit flush. She walks over to the other side, looks at the drivers door and says in a not-so-nice tone "Ma'am, they look identical, I don't see a problem here" BTW there is a definite difference that other people have even pointed out to me. Now I'm to the point that I really don't want these people messing with my doors much less getting under the hood. So I said, "You know what, since you seem so reluctant to take me or my issues seriously, you can simply give me my keys back and I will find another dealership who's service department can address/fix my issues. She handed me my keys and walked away.
So, if anybody figures out why this starting issue happens let me know. We're gonna take a look at the throttle body this weekend and see what we find. Then I guess I'm going to see if I can find a more customer friendly service department.
jenL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Could also be a dirtly MAF.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hey OP!! Our EP/LC Club is trying to get together this weekend for a cruise and dinner. There is also another member that is over there in Holloman. You should check out our thread and I know someone on there can help you and maybe even look at it for ya if you can make it on Sat!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...74391&page=164

Come in and say hi!!!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenL View Post
Well the service appointment was a huge waste of my time! I told the lady that I had a few other issues I wanted checked out (the starting issues and my passenger door does doesn't sit flush with the body) She told me that they didn't really have time to take a look at anything other than what I initially talked to them about (a/c and sunroof), but said that they might squeeze it in. She asked if I had a CEL and I said no. The lady huffed and said "this sounds like it will be impossible to duplicate...you're leaving it with us, right". I said I had no plans to leave it, I had to drive an hour to get there and my husband was at work and couldn't pick me up so I'll just wait. -another huff-
I then asked her if they use anything to protect the car from scratches while they work under the hood. -another huff- She said NO we don't do that. She then heads to my car and begins to repeatedly open and slam shut my passenger door. I told her you don't need to open the door, you can actually look straight down the body and see that the door doesn't sit flush. She walks over to the other side, looks at the drivers door and says in a not-so-nice tone "Ma'am, they look identical, I don't see a problem here" BTW there is a definite difference that other people have even pointed out to me. Now I'm to the point that I really don't want these people messing with my doors much less getting under the hood. So I said, "You know what, since you seem so reluctant to take me or my issues seriously, you can simply give me my keys back and I will find another dealership who's service department can address/fix my issues. She handed me my keys and walked away.
So, if anybody figures out why this starting issue happens let me know. We're gonna take a look at the throttle body this weekend and see what we find. Then I guess I'm going to see if I can find a more customer friendly service department.
I apologize for your service that you received at the dealership. What I can do for you is find a different dealership in your area. I will need your First and last name, address,phone number, VIN and mileage.

I looked for to your PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote