Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Transmission / Driveline

View our official forum sponsors list.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #1
MJM Distributing

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
SALE: Prothane Motor Mounts for SS - $274.95 SHIPPED!

PROTHANE MOTOR MOUNT KITS ON SALE - $274.95 W/ FREE SHIPPING!

THE DEAL:

The Prothane name has become synonymous with innovative high performance polyurethane based bushings and driveline components for many years now and is a leading automotive urethane manufacturer renowned all over the world. Going with polyurethane on your mounts and bushings is a great idea, as poly is an ideal material for performance suspension bushings, motor and transmission mounts. This isn't to say that the OEM's rubber suspension bushings and mounts aren't a proven compromise, however, additional horsepower, bigger tires, lifted truck suspension or lowered canyon carving street setups all mix with normal atmospheric conditions and under-car grit and grime to stress rubber bushings beyond design limits. Polyurethane mounts and bushings are firm enough to control movement and maintain alignment in sway bars, control arms and other stressed suspension components without the harshness or resonance associated with solid metal suspension bushings. We believe that after experiencing the precise steering, road feedback and the added firmness Prothane Polyurethane Bushings offer, you'll never go back to rubber bushings ever again. These Prothane Polyurethane Mount Mounts will help eliminate driveline movement and replace the soft OEM motor mounts that come in your '10-up Camaro V6 While the Camaro's factory mounts get the damping job done, they can be prone to fatigue and sagging, even with only limited hard use. These mounts from Prothane give you less driveline movement than standard rubber mounts and the durability of polyurethane at a price comparable to replacement rubber mounts. If you've got the horsepower - these are the mounts you need to harness that power! Includes the set of two (2) mounts for both right and left side.

Features:
  • Best Engine Control
  • Super Strong Urethane
  • Utilize Original Bullet Design
  • Fully Machined Billet Aluminum
HOW TO ORDER:

The very fastest (and easiest way) to order is to CLICK HERE to pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. You can also send us a PM here through the forum with a contact number and we'll give you a call to get your order placed over the phone. All orders ship same day. Local pick ups also available (to save a few bucks on shipping). We're located in San Antonio, Texas.

PROTHANE POLY MOUNT USER FEEDBACK BELOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
These are amazing motor mounts... I have a set, held 1550 RWHP on a dead hook, need to do a driver MOD... Going to Motor plates now with the dry sump system...

Last edited by MJM Distributing; 05-07-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #2
MJM Distributing

We are now down to just two (2) of the Prothane Motor Mount Kits left at this price.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:44 PM   #3
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
Tried PM .. box full
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Old 02-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #4
MJM Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
Tried PM .. box full
Sorry. Cleaned it out. I will send you a PM now.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #5
Wacko37

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2007 2500HD D-Max
can anyone report on how much added vibration in the car you get with these? id like both a performance junky and sunday cruiser type opinions if possible.
2010 Summit white SS/RS, Manzo full exhaust, Roto-Fab intake, FE4 conversion, BMR 1.25" (rear)/1" (front) drop springs, BMR sways, Vitesse throttle controller, Taylor wires, remote tuned by DynoSteve@RDP, various little lighting mods, ebay SLP splitter, Heritage grille, ZL1 rockers, MRR 228 wheels +43/+23 w/MT street comp 275/40/20-305/35/20

2007 2500HD Duramax, Built trans, custom tuned beast
Old 02-05-2015, 02:05 PM   #6
MJM Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacko37 View Post
can anyone report on how much added vibration in the car you get with these? id like both a performance junky and sunday cruiser type opinions if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
These are amazing motor mounts... I have a set, held 1550 RWHP on a dead hook, need to do a driver MOD... Going to Motor plates now with the dry sump system...
This forum member posted this few weeks ago. Might try to PM him.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:55 AM   #7
MJM Distributing

Free shipping to the lower 48 states!
Old 02-24-2015, 02:46 PM   #8
MJM Distributing

In stock and ready for same day pick up or some day shipping.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #9
Firehawk178
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM Distributing View Post
In stock and ready for same day pick up or some day shipping.
Interesting typo..
Old 02-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #10
MJM Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk178 View Post
Interesting typo..
Oops. Thanks for the bump. Should read, "Same day shipping." Also, just an FYI, we now have four (4) of these kits back in stock. Same price. I see that you're just an hour and a half drive from us in Katy (just up 1604 and I-10 from here). Same on shipping when pick yours up whilist in town for a Margarita and a Spurs game.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #11
Mean Green Z28

I've been wanting to get on this but every time I think I should, something comes up on the home front
Old 02-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #12
MJM Distributing

Quote:
I've been wanting to get on this but every time I think I should, something comes up on the home front
No worries. We'll always have these in stock (at a great price).
Old 03-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #13
lownslowss

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
How much more vibration should I expect?
Old 03-05-2015, 07:50 PM   #14
MJM Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslowss View Post
How much more vibration should I expect?
Vibration is minimal (but also relative, dependent upon who you ask). Like we did above, we'll quote some Camaro5 members that have run them to give you some unbiased opinions on what they thought about them. See their feedback below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
Noise, vibration, harshness = you can hear/feel the engine more inside the cabin because the engine is mounted more directly to the frame. The softer stock bushings provide a certain level of shielding from this, but as a consequence the engine is allowed to move around a bit more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Dude, I just finally installed these bad boys, more than a month later, they are awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
update....I swapped in my prothane bushings...made a BIG difference. No vibrations from what I can tell (low RPMs are smoother), and just a little hint of noise. The pfadt mounts did feel a touch more ridged...if that's what you're going for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikRS View Post
I recommend the prothane I have them and they are great in my heads.cam car nice control not to harsh
Old 03-11-2015, 09:17 AM   #15
Mean Green Z28

Just ordered! Please ship quick, can't take turns without headers hitting steering shaft, lol
Old 03-11-2015, 09:53 AM   #16
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Are there trans mounts to go with these? I'm planning on adding a pan baffle when I do my cam swap and that would be the time to do this mod.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2015, 06:34 PM   #17
MJM Distributing

Quote:
Just ordered! Please ship quick, can't take turns without headers hitting steering shaft, lol
You have tracking in your email box. We appreciate the order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Are there trans mounts to go with these? I'm planning on adding a pan baffle when I do my cam swap and that would be the time to do this mod.
This is just a 2-piece motor mount kit as shown; no trans mount. Sorry.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:05 PM   #18
RaptorGXP

Drives: 2009 G8 GXP M6
any idea if they will work on a g8?
Old 03-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #19
Mean Green Z28

Received today! Super happy! Will post up with a review as soon as I get them on ... may take a few days.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #20
MJM Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorGXP View Post
any idea if they will work on a g8?
Not 100% sure, but we can look into it for you.

Quote:
Received today! Super happy! Will post up with a review as soon as I get them on ... may take a few days.

Awesome. We appreciate the business.

Looking forward to hearing the feedback once you installed them.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:06 PM   #21
Mean Green Z28

Well I got them installed this evening. Had to drop the headers down to gain access to the mounts, so I'd def recommend installing these when you're already in there rather than later. However, it took me a total of about 2-1/2 hrs for everything.

Test drive ... upon starting the car I immediately felt the drivetrain rumbling through the floorboards and pedals. Ride feels def. a bit harsher due to now feeling all the vibrations that the stock mounts seem to have done a great job at quelling. I have a tendency to keep my foot on the clutch very lightly during in town driving due to frequent shifting ... I guess I can't be doing that anymore, feels like my foot may get numb by the vibration felt through the pedals. You def feel the immediate power without any slop in the system, but that's a reading from my butt dyno.

Honest summary ... for a daily driver that you have to deal with traffic etc., all that vibration may may get old real fast, i feel like I'm back in my old Camaro Z28 Drag car ... however, some reviews I read about Prothane mounts suggested they soften up after a while, so I'll hold on for a bit. If it gets annoying, I'll take them out and dimple my header (which I'm not a fan of doing) ... in the mean time, I can take right hand turns like a champ without the engine rolling over and the steering shaft touching the header.

On another note, if your car is a weekend warrior and you're trying to tighten up that ride as much as you can, this is def. the way to go. It's a well engineered product and does its job well.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:36 PM   #22
MJM Distributing

Quote:
Well I got them installed this evening. Had to drop the headers down to gain access to the mounts, so I'd def recommend installing these when you're already in there rather than later. However, it took me a total of about 2-1/2 hrs for everything.

Test drive ... upon starting the car I immediately felt the drivetrain rumbling through the floorboards and pedals. Ride feels def. a bit harsher due to now feeling all the vibrations that the stock mounts seem to have done a great job at quelling. I have a tendency to keep my foot on the clutch very lightly during in town driving due to frequent shifting ... I guess I can't be doing that anymore, feels like my foot may get numb by the vibration felt through the pedals. You def feel the immediate power without any slop in the system, but that's a reading from my butt dyno.

Honest summary ... for a daily driver that you have to deal with traffic etc., all that vibration may may get old real fast, i feel like I'm back in my old Camaro Z28 Drag car ... however, some reviews I read about Prothane mounts suggested they soften up after a while, so I'll hold on for a bit. If it gets annoying, I'll take them out and dimple my header (which I'm not a fan of doing) ... in the mean time, I can take right hand turns like a champ without the engine rolling over and the steering shaft touching the header.

On another note, if your car is a weekend warrior and you're trying to tighten up that ride as much as you can, this is def. the way to go. It's a well engineered product and does its job well.
Thank you very much for the feedback.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:08 PM   #23
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Just placed an order. Once I get these I can get my new motor in.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:01 PM   #24
MJM Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
Just placed an order. Once I get these I can get my new motor in.
We appreciate the order. Enjoy.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:48 AM   #25
MJM Distributing

All PM's have been responded to!

Closed Thread