Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Transmission / Driveline

Transmission / Driveline Shifters, differentials, gears, rearends, clutch

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #51
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: 2SS/RS black/black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klepton View Post
I finally got around to completing this mod. However, it was a pain in the ass! I had such a hard time taking the clamp off the stock brake/clutch line on the firewall side because I could not reach in there with my right hand and my injured left shoulder doesn't have its complete range of motion back to allow me to do it with my left hand. Therefore, I ended up bending the bracket provided with this kit on the clutch reservoir so that it was close enough to attach the stock brake/clutch line to it. Another problem I had was with the small clamp that is provided with the plug in this kit. It was way too small and I couldn't make it go over the tip of the stock brake/clutch reservoir nipple. I ended up having to purchase a bigger clamp from Auto Zone. It was slightly bigger than it needed to be, but small enough to prevent the plug from coming out.

This allows the usage of the stock brake/clutch line, which is what I wanted all along. Therefore, you don't have to go through the hassle of replacing the stock line!
How easy was it to bend the bracket and what did you use? Just a couple pairs of pliers or did you need a vice? This sounds like the approach I would take. I tried reaching for that firewall end clamp and it does not look like something I'd want to pull a muscle dealing with.
Mods: Forged LS3 (9.8:1 CR), Maggie TVS 2300 SC with OD rear pulley, Custom Comp cam (223/244, .610/.596, 114 LSA), Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, Dynotech 1-piece driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. 572 rwhp/548 rwtq (Mustang Dyno, 7.5psi, maxed-out injectors). Built & tuned by Lashway Motorsports.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #52
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
How easy was it to bend the bracket and what did you use? Just a couple pairs of pliers or did you need a vice? This sounds like the approach I would take. I tried reaching for that firewall end clamp and it does not look like something I'd want to pull a muscle dealing with.
You don't need to bend the bracket. I installed mine just fine. I used a pair of pliers to reach the clamp at the fire wall. The best thing for working on cars is a steady hand and patience.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #53
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Just a few weeks after I installed mine. As you can tell no more dirty brake fluid and no more clutch problems, I would also suggest ideal garage master cylinder and tick high flow clutch line with this kit. Works great, thank you JDP!!
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #54
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
The best thing for working on cars is a steady hand and patience.
Yeah--2 things I don't possess much of, hence the reasoning for my question and why I don't work on cars much (that, plus my back and hands are too valuable to me to injure).
Mods: Forged LS3 (9.8:1 CR), Maggie TVS 2300 SC with OD rear pulley, Custom Comp cam (223/244, .610/.596, 114 LSA), Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, Dynotech 1-piece driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. 572 rwhp/548 rwtq (Mustang Dyno, 7.5psi, maxed-out injectors). Built & tuned by Lashway Motorsports.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #55
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Yeah--2 things I don't possess much of, hence the reasoning for my question and why I don't work on cars much (that, plus my back and hands are too valuable to me to injure).
Lol ya I am sure you could bend it if needed. Would be easiest with a vise.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:17 AM   #56
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
The bracket is easy to bend, being that it is not too thick. I didn't use anything but my hands. Once the bracket (along with the new clutch reservoir) are attached and screwed in, I simply bent the bracket towards the firewall as much as possible (until the cap of the new reservoir touched the side of the stock brake reservoir). It doesn't take an extreme amount of force to bend it with your hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
You don't need to bend the bracket. I installed mine just fine. I used a pair of pliers to reach the clamp at the fire wall. The best thing for working on cars is a steady hand and patience.
Correct, you don't NEED to bend the bracket. I did so mainly because with my left shoulder injury I wasn't able to get to the firewall clamp on the stock clutch line. However, it turned out to be what I wanted in the first place...which is to use the stock clutch line.

Last edited by Klepton; 05-09-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #57
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

^Thanks. That's what I wanted to know.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #58
PatsSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to PatsSS
Should you continue running DOT3 on the clutch side, or switch to DOT4 like the cap says?
PatsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #59
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Hows this for a clutch up-grade...
Attached Images

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #60
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSS View Post
Should you continue running DOT3 on the clutch side, or switch to DOT4 like the cap says?
If you never race your car, you'll be fine if you keep your DOT3 fluid.
However, DOT4 can be mixed with DOT3 and is definitely not harmful to the car. The following general info may help you decide whether to upgrade or not:

Polyglycol Based DOT3 - Color - Amber | One of the most common brake fluids found on the market used for cars designed during the late 80s period and beyond. DOT3 absorbs moisture the quickest and has the lowest boiling point and should only strictly be for road use.

Polyglycol Based DOT4 - Color - Amber | The benchmark specifications by the majority of car manufacturers. DOT4 is designed to absorb moisture slower than DOT3 and has a higher boiling point. This is both suitable for road use and track work. Using racing specific DOT4 refined brake fluids will increase higher temperature tolerance particularly under hard braking conditions.

Always take care when handling brake fluid as it will corrode body paint work in a matter of seconds if contact is made. Should accidental spills or drips happen, immediately flush affected surface area with high spraying water and wipe off area.

With it's higher boiling point and lower rate of moisture absorbance, I would upgrade the brake/clutch fluid to DOT4 even if I didn't race my car.
I recently attended a High Performance Driving school for a weekend, so I upgraded to DOT4. Unfortunately, it was before I had separated the brake and clutch reservoirs.
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #61
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Has anyone done this install on an LFX?
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #62
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Mine Is an lfx

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
Old 05-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #63
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Mine Is an lfx
How was the install?
Old 05-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #64
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
How was the install?
No issues, will be in Camaro Now Fall issue for the writeup. Great mod

Old 05-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #65
45thCamaro

Quote:
No issues, will be in Camaro Now Fall issue for the writeup. Great mod
I'm interested in the doing this, wold Ike to see a tut.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #66
notagoat

Drives: 2010 IPF Supercharged Camaro LLT M6
Order placed, #100001578! Please ship ASAP, I need this in my life!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #67
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by notagoat View Post
Order placed, #100001578! Please ship ASAP, I need this in my life!
Totally worth it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
Old 05-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #68
notagoat

Drives: 2010 IPF Supercharged Camaro LLT M6
That's what I'm talking about! Already shipped, always get grade A service from JDP!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #69
JDP Tyler

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Has anyone done this install on an LFX?
Yep we have done a few, and install is the same.

Quote:
I'm interested in the doing this, wold Ike to see a tut.
There is a youtube vid on the previous page to give you an idea of the install process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Totally worth it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by notagoat View Post
That's what I'm talking about! Already shipped, always get grade A service from JDP!
Thank you for your business and support! Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | JDP Facebook | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #70
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Just ordered mine a couple days ago. 'Surprised I waited so long. I'm gonna have both systems flushed and replaced with Motul fluid after I install this.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #71
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
About to Order for my M6 LLT, not sure whether to get the stage 1 or 2... i know my master cylinder is really dirty from all the build up...
Old 05-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #72
JDP Tyler

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer
Just ordered mine a couple days ago. 'Surprised I waited so long. I'm gonna have both systems flushed and replaced with Motul fluid after I install this.
Good plan! Thanks for the order!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty
About to Order for my M6 LLT, not sure whether to get the stage 1 or 2... i know my master cylinder is really dirty from all the build up...
Either will work great. Just depends on if you would rather cap your current reservoir, or get a new reservoir with the factory molded cap. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
sales@jdpmotorsports.com

Click HERE to send me a PM | Sales@jdpmotorsports.com | www.jdpmotorsports.com | JDP Facebook | 888.308.6007
JDP Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #73
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post

Either will work great. Just depends on if you would rather cap your current reservoir, or get a new reservoir with the factory molded cap. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
sales@jdpmotorsports.com
Thanks Tyler, just ordered the stage 2
Old 05-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #74
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Thanks Tyler, just ordered the stage 2
you will not be disappointed

Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #75
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
you will not be disappointed
Thanks to your install, the stage 2 was brought to my attention! Thanks bud