Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Are the BA speakers under warranty?

I think the passenger side door speaker is pretty much blown in my camaro. It makes a horrible rattling sound most of the time. This just happened yesterday.

Can I get a speaker replaced under warranty at no cost?

Problem is, my camaro is literally 85 miles from hitting 100k which is when the manufacture warranty ends. It's friday night, so the auto shop at the dealer won't be open til monday.

I would like to know if the warranty will cover it, because I don't want to hit the 100k mark over the weekend and not be covered if I could get it replaced for free. But I don't want to hold out on driving it if it's not covered.

Anyone know about this?
Thanks
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:05 AM   #2
yzark99

Drives: 2012 Silver Ice 1LT
The 100k warranty is powertrain only. Your speakers were covered up to the first maintenance inspection period which is bogus:

"Audio systems, cleaning brake pads/linings, clutch linings, coolants and fluids, filters, keyless entry (or other remote transmitter/receiver batteries),* limited-slip rear axle service, tire rotation, wheel alignment/balance,** and wiper inserts are covered up to the first maintenance inspection period outlined in the Owner's Manual. Any replacement at the time of or beyond the maintenance inspection period is considered maintenance, and is not covered as part of the New-Vehicle Limited Warranty. The New-Vehicle Limited Warranty only covers components when replacement or repair of these components is the result of a defect in material or workmanship."

http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty/
Old 07-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Just replace the system and enjoy the music. I threw mine away or you could have them. The cost of shipping really would be more than the value of the speakers. You can get better speakers for $20 versus the stock speakers.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
Aftermarket is def the way to go now, even if you don't do anything crazy cost wise.
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
I think the passenger side door speaker is pretty much blown in my camaro. It makes a horrible rattling sound most of the time. This just happened yesterday.

Problem is, my camaro is literally 85 miles from hitting 100k which is when the manufacture warranty ends. It's friday night, so the auto shop at the dealer won't be open til monday.

I would like to know if the warranty will cover it, because I don't want to hit the 100k mark over the weekend and not be covered if I could get it replaced for free. But I don't want to hold out on driving it if it's not covered.

Anyone know about this?
Thanks
There is a tsp out for it, the will replace both front door speakers and amp.... It's covered mine came from the factory like that.... I went custom thow...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post

Anyone know about this?
Thanks
Oh I just noticed 100k miles.... mine just turned 30.... Trade yours in....
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
Oh I just noticed 100k miles.... mine just turned 30.... Trade yours in....
haha i don't know how much a 100k camaro would get me... plus I cant afford to get a new one
ben3350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
No it won't be covered.

The speakers fall under the bumper to bumper warranty which ends after 36k. With almost 100k, your warranty ended a long time ago.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #9
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
You can get a speaker online for $12, yep they are that cheap. GM service will probably charge an hour of shop time so you would be close to $100. It's not hard to do yourself. Unless you like paying a lot you need to do some DIY here and there on any car.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #10
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
I had mine replaced under a service bulletin, the down side, they replace the amp with one that is a little less powerful. I guess so you don't blow the crap speakers again .

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/Subthump/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Flynnaz is offline   Reply With Quote