Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
lcrosss
 
Drives: 2012 SS Camaro
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 76
1500hp Twin Turbo Build..

Engine is going together as we speak!

Using AGP Turbo's manifolds and intercooler.. Running Comp 67mm turbos, Triple pumps, ID2000's, Built TR6060, Hammerhead rear end, RPS/Hendrix triple disc clutch, and managed by a ProEFI Pro128 stand-alone engine management system. We're expecting around 13-1400whp on E98.

The car will be heading to the Texas Mile this fall as we try to set the 5th Gen Camaro standing mile record. We'll have a Hooser R7 road race slick on the car, and 8 point cage to be compliant for 215+mph.

Stay tuned for updates!

Name:  27.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  119.7 KB

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  85.9 KB

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  15.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  140.2 KB

Name:  16.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  87.5 KB

Name:  17.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  19.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  133.4 KB

Name:  21.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  119.5 KB

Name:  25.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  105.7 KB

Name:  26.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  105.8 KB
lcrosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:49 PM   #2
ttshovel

 
ttshovel's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: findlay,oh
Posts: 810
Just plain nasty!
__________________
12 ss- heads/cam, lsa conversion, zl1 rear,4l80 685/638
72 chevelle- 5.3, s480, 12 bolt, th400
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:07 PM   #3
jasycz28
J.Sick
 
jasycz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tucson
Posts: 794
Are you willing to give any details on the engine?
__________________
"J.Sick"
2010 Camaro 2SS
jasycz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:21 PM   #4
Unreal


 
Drives: 2006 Z06
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 4,514
Going by picture, LSX block, PRC heads, weisco pistons, assembled by texas speed. Should be a stout setup.
__________________
Nick
Corvette Z06 -1200ish rwhp
Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #5
climb-101
 
Drives: 2010 2ss
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: montana
Posts: 61
following the build
climb-101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:06 AM   #6
Nighthawk89


 
Nighthawk89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,145
I think you may have some stiff competition with the latest build on youtube from nelson racing engines.. I believe 2500-2600 hp.. But either way. Im jealous!!! Killer build'!
__________________
PerformanceHeartbeat Supercharger -Roto-Fab Cold Air -VMaxx TB -Elite E2 Catch Can -NGK Trix7's -ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM -ID-850 Injectors- JDP Clutch Res Relocation -Kooks LT's/Cat-less -Corsa 3" ZL1 Black Tip Exhaust
Suspension1.25'' Front & 1" Rear Drop- BMR (Sway's, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Front End Links, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Outer Trailing Arm Bushings)-FMT Solid Subframe Bushings
Brake's/WheelsPowder-coated Calipers- Goodridge Lines-Slotted and Dimpled Rotors-Hawk HPS Pads-OEM ZL1 10 Spoke Wheels Rocking Michelin PSS 315's In the Rear and 285's Upfront
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:33 AM   #7
sr71bb
 
sr71bb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 286
This is going to be a great build no doubt but you are going to need more power if you expect to come even close to Snappy's existing inferno orange convertible.

And YES, There could be a considerable amount of wagering on the outcome of this one! LOL
__________________
__________________________________________
Here is TAZII at the TEXAS MILE
ALL THROTTLE........ NO BOTTLE!!!

Look at 2:04 mark in Video for BLACK SS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEQ9WrKzWg

NOW POWERED BY PROCHARGER by
Http://www.Advancedmodernperformance.com
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:09 AM   #8
ADM PERFORMANCE

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #138
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: DfW - Texas
Posts: 4,564
Records were meant to be broken -But!

Its about time someone else chased these records but I can say from years of experience its ALOT OF WORK TO BEAT WHAT OTHERS HAVE ALREADY FIGURED OUT.

Killer Pics
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:45 AM   #9
Fully Built Arctic Vette
Arctic Vette
 
Fully Built Arctic Vette's Avatar
 
Drives: Arctic White Vette
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: "THIS WE'LL DEFEND"
Posts: 29
Gorgeous build!!
__________________
Built/Tuned by Matt@FSP, FRE 416ci, ECS 2200R SC/Stage 1 Fuel Kit, ALKY, FSP Big Cam/ Trunion Kit, Century Superglide Trans & Quad Carbon TC, Kooks Headers/ X Pipes, IW 10% Overdrive, Magnaflow Exhaust, Blk Ano Alt 270 Amp, Bride Low Max CF Seats, C7 Ext. ZR1 Rear Spoiler, C7 Ext. ZR1 Rear Diffuser, C7 ZR1 Front Diffuser, Forgestar F14's 19/20, Altec Flares, Alcantara Steering Wheel/Shift Knob/E Brake/Door Pulls, Oracle Side Markers, Onyx Tails, Baer Arctic BBK, Arctic Engine Cover Set from WCC
Fully Built Arctic Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:36 PM   #10
Travis@B
 
Drives: 2014 Red Stingray
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasycz28 View Post
Are you willing to give any details on the engine?
Just a little LSx build..

Heads are PRC, finished out with inconel/sodium filled exhaust valves, hollow stem stainless intake valves, resting on Moldstar 90 high nickel/copper seats. Our cam and spring combo, with Ti retainers. Wiseco pistons made to our specs/weight, .140" wall tool steel pins, billet I beams with L19 alloy bolts, and a hand finished Callies crank. Engine is blueprinted and assembled in-house. Machine work is performed by Texas Speed.
Travis@B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #11
Travis@B
 
Drives: 2014 Red Stingray
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
This is going to be a great build no doubt but you are going to need more power if you expect to come even close to Snappy's existing inferno orange convertible.

And YES, There could be a considerable amount of wagering on the outcome of this one! LOL
That's why we compete..

His car is fast as hell! Saw it run the half mile this year. It takes a lot to keep it together for a whole mile. We're hoping to do that with Pro EFI and the engine experience we've gained running the mile for a few years.

Then, there's always the little blue bottles in the trunk.
Travis@B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #12
smokum

 
smokum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ssrs
Join Date: May 2013
Location: DFW
Posts: 766
Going to take 1500rwhp at the minimum.
smokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #13
sr71bb
 
sr71bb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 286
Well the problem with the little bottle in the trunk as you know is that it introduces an inherent level of inconsistency. Bottle pressure , fuel pressure to support it, and the potential lifting of the heads off the block due to the instantaneous rise in combustion temperatures and pressure (progressive controller helps of course).

So any attempt at world record levels requires a team of people to support it and of course someone willing to pay for all the equipment carnage along the way!

And as we all know: :It ran the best it EVER did, right before it blew the f*ck up. LOL"

As a side note, I applaud the effort to run the TR6060 but at this HP level The potential that you will break the tranny case is HIGH, I personally like six speeds better than autos but I see an AUTO in your future.
__________________
__________________________________________
Here is TAZII at the TEXAS MILE
ALL THROTTLE........ NO BOTTLE!!!

Look at 2:04 mark in Video for BLACK SS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pEQ9WrKzWg

NOW POWERED BY PROCHARGER by
Http://www.Advancedmodernperformance.com
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #14
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!
 
LuckyZL-1's Avatar
 
Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: San Antonio Texas
Posts: 808
Awesome build! And congrats on even making the attempt. Takes lots of money and a big set of cojones!!
__________________
ADM built 2013 Triple Black ZL-1 Convertible M6
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:11 AM   #15
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,140
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Well the problem with the little bottle in the trunk as you know is that it introduces an inherent level of inconsistency. Bottle pressure , fuel pressure to support it, and the potential lifting of the heads off the block due to the instantaneous rise in combustion temperatures and pressure (progressive controller helps of course).

So any attempt at world record levels requires a team of people to support it and of course someone willing to pay for all the equipment carnage along the way!

And as we all know: :It ran the best it EVER did, right before it blew the f*ck up. LOL"

As a side note, I applaud the effort to run the TR6060 but at this HP level The potential that you will break the tranny case is HIGH, I personally like six speeds better than autos but I see an AUTO in your future.
I've pushed 1500 through a 6060 with no issues, but the shafts and gears are all billet with the exception of 6th and reverse... I only know of one guy close to that power range running an automatic and he goes through a couple of them at most events... The triple handled it as well, though I've since moved on to a quad due to the new power levels..
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:49 AM   #16
Travis@B
 
Drives: 2014 Red Stingray
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Well the problem with the little bottle in the trunk as you know is that it introduces an inherent level of inconsistency. Bottle pressure , fuel pressure to support it, and the potential lifting of the heads off the block due to the instantaneous rise in combustion temperatures and pressure (progressive controller helps of course).

So any attempt at world record levels requires a team of people to support it and of course someone willing to pay for all the equipment carnage along the way!

And as we all know: :It ran the best it EVER did, right before it blew the f*ck up. LOL"

As a side note, I applaud the effort to run the TR6060 but at this HP level The potential that you will break the tranny case is HIGH, I personally like six speeds better than autos but I see an AUTO in your future.
Lucky for us, we have a great team of folks around us.

D3 Performance, Texas Speed, Pro EFI, Lund Racing, M2K Motorsports, and of course Jay and Shannon Matus. We help sponsor the mile, so we have lots of support. I worked with Kevin at m2k.. We help tech and support the fastest street car at the Texas Mile.. It runs 278mph. So, we have lots of support.

No problem running n2o.. Pulsewidth modulated solenoids using Pro EFI, with a seperate fuel cell and pump. Definitely the way to go. Cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure. I know what a 6 bolt lsx with studs and Cometic's MLX gaskets will hold. We went 270mph with the Venom GT when I worked at HPE.

The TR6060 will break at some point.. We break them in Shelbys all the time. Lol.. But, this one is built to the hilt. Not many other options if he wants to keep it a manual.

Granted, it takes years of experience, and sometimes several trips to get a car dialed in. I have 16 years worth. Hopefully our team can put together a worthy competitor for Larry. At the least, we'll have fun trying.

Last edited by Travis@B; 08-03-2015 at 03:00 AM.
Travis@B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:52 AM   #17
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,140
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis@Boostworks View Post
Lucky for us, we have a great team of folks around us.

D3 Performance, Texas Speed, Pro EFI, Lund Racing, M2K Motorsports, and of course Jay and Shannon Matus. We help sponsor the mile, so we have lots of support. I worked with Kevin at m2k.. We help tech and support the fastest street car at the Texas Mile.. It runs 278mph. So, we have lots of support.

No problem running n2o.. Pulsewidth modulated solenoids using Pro EFI, with a seperate fuel cell and pump. Definitely the way to go. Cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure. I know what a 6 bolt lsx with studs and Cometic's MLX gaskets will hold. We went 270mph with the Venom GT when I worked at HPE.

The TR6060 will break at some point.. We break them in Shelbys all the time. Lol.. But, this one is built to the hilt. Not many other options if he wants to keep it a manual.

Granted, it takes years of experience, and sometimes several trips to get a car dialed in. I have 16 years worth. Hopefully our team can put together a worthy competitor for Larry. At the least, we'll have fun trying.
Nice support in there, and agreed on the multiple trips to get it all dialed in... Good luck, I'll be watching, and also running in October...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.