Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 07-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #26
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I didn't ask about when the dealer screwed up. I'm talking about normal warranty work. You bring your car in, they find a TSB, and fix it while you wait. Do they give you gas vouchers when this happens?
If I go back to the dealer to fix the same issue multiple times your damn right i will raise a fuss and there will be compensation of some sort. I out of everybody would know I traded in my v6 manual because of 3 transmission failures and will just say I got a lot more than gas cards from GM before trading it in.

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #27
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
I didn't ask about when the dealer screwed up. I'm talking about normal warranty work. You bring your car in, they find a TSB, and fix it while you wait. Do they give you gas vouchers when this happens?
So after multiple issues with a product you still consider it "normal" warranty work? If so then you get taken advantage of a lot.

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #28
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Why? Aftermarket parts fail. So do stock parts. In both situations, you have a warranty. Although your factory warranty expires. The dealer won't reimburse your gas to drive your car to the dealership for warranty work, just like most companies won't pay your return shipping for an exchange. What more do you want from a company that says "If it breaks, we will replace the part for free... no deductible... for like... ever".

I bet if the owner kept getting crap parts, and talked to Jonathan, he could arrange a refund for them like you would a lemon. There are lots of people using these sidemarkers, and many of them haven't had any problems at all. Bad luck doesn't always mean crappy product.

Sure I agree things fail, Not disagreeing with you. However if the same exact thing fails on 2 different vehicles within a time span of what the OP has stated then yes there is a QC problem. If a part is the result of defect then damn right they should pay to ship there own defective product back, and pay to ship out a new one.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #29
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
I dont think the issue is the warranty I think the issue here is that his experience with multiple sets failing and paying multiple shipping fees outweighs the benefit of having a lifetime warranty. I dont know about anyone else but I dont want to have another part on my car that requires me to constantly check and maintain.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:58 AM   #30
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Don't know how I was so lucky but I've gotten the best possible warranty from who ever I've dealt with at AAC. Twice I've had a side marker go out and both times I was taken care of. Yes it sucked that a had a side marker fail but they took care of it. It's part of the reason I haven't posted much about AAC products having failed. I only have the SMD side markers and rear afterburner halos.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #31

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Never dealt with AAC products, but I will say this...If you are able to return any electrical parts at all, consider yourself lucky. I bought a maf sensor over the counter at a dealership counter, was told "no return, no refunds on electrical items"...sort of made sense...just sayin'....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #32
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Never dealt with AAC products, but I will say this...If you are able to return any electrical parts at all, consider yourself lucky. I bought a maf sensor over the counter at a dealership counter, was told "no return, no refunds on electrical items"...sort of made sense...just sayin'....
they do have a great warrenty service, but they need it...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:10 AM   #33
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
Paying return shipping on someone's else's mistake still seems wrong to me.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #34
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by sene View Post
Paying return shipping on someone's else's mistake still seems wrong to me.
If you need to return something to Home Depot do you not have to drive to Home Depot to return it? So you waste gas driving there but the $3 or $4 in return shipping you complain about? I guess I'll just never understand it.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #35
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
Interesting

It would be interesting to know the true failure rate of this product.It seems that there are Frequent postings of failures & return policy complaints.Cool idea but on & off ,wait for repair & replacement is not for me.Love the idea though.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #36
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I agree with Stieger on this one. I do think it is bullshit that you have to pay shipping on a product that is not working right. However like Stieger said if you have a warranty problem and have to go to dealer they don't pay your time or gas. I had a situation with a company on here that I ordered a hat and they sent me the wrong one. i called them and they said to send it back and they would get me the right one out as soon as they got it back. I had to pay for shipping and at first I was ok with it until I thought about it a little bit and was like what the hell it was there mistake. I called them back and they made it right with me. That is just good business. I think if a company knows there are issues with a product they should at least pay the shipping.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #37
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I don't like the policy, but what are you going to do about it.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #38
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Shipping a side marker cost about what? $5 max? Yet you buy a car that gets what? Maybe 17mpg?

As Stieger said guess I'll never understand it.
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #39
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
The failure rate is way too high for me to even consider buying any of their products. I don't want to hassle with any of the return stuff plain and simple. It is NOT a matter of a normal warranty it has happened more then once to the same people. Why do you keep defending them is it because they are a sponsor??
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #40
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragom View Post
The failure rate is way too high for me to even consider buying any of their products. I don't want to hassle with any of the return stuff plain and simple. It is NOT a matter of a normal warranty it has happened more then once to the same people. Why do you keep defending them is it because they are a sponsor??
No. I defend them because A) people only make threads when something goes wrong with a product. You don't see many threads about how much people love their side markers, etc B) because AAC is one of the few companies that stands behind their product 100% and will do whatever it takes to make sure that you, the customer, is happy.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #41
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
No. I defend them because A) people only make threads when something goes wrong with a product. You don't see many threads about how much people love their side markers, etc B) because AAC is one of the few companies that stands behind their product 100% and will do whatever it takes to make sure that you, the customer, is happy.

I will say that there are always tons of threads in other sections that talk about companies great work, including AAC. I almost want to tear my hair out everytime I see a new thread showing off sidemarkers. Tons of people have them, we all know what they look like, we don't care about seeing yours in the same color we've seen already a bunch of times.

Also, while I get the point about buying something from home depot and having to return it, it's somewhat different because you are the idiot who picked out and purchased the wrong thing or didnt check the product to make sure it wasnt broken before going home. You're the idiot that should take it back. When AAC grabs the wrong product off the shelf and ships it or ships out a broken product, it's on them and they should pay for shipping.

If the shipping cost is really so insignificant, why wouldn't the company just eat the 3-4$ that it takes? Based on the fact that we see threads on this very topic so often, I'm sure there would be plenty more happy customers with that small change. That, or just improve product quality.

All that said, my car is AAC'd out, and I love their products. Am I worried that something will stop working randomly? Yes. But thankfully that hasnt yet happenned.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #42
Runin11z

Drives: 11 CGM 2RS-SS
With the timeframe of these going bad for the OP I think at the very least AAC would send him a call tag. To compare this to the warranty of a new vehicle is kinda off topic, but consider this if you are stranded in that vehicle they will pay for the tow and provide you with a loaner car...

Had an issue happen with a Ron Davis radiator two months after purchasing and they sent me a call tag for shipping back to AZ.
2011 Camaro Ls3 CGM stock
Runin11z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #43
rmyers

Drives: Both American Made
Well here is an update to the saga and I would remind everyone not to get off topic. My OP title says be "Aware" not beware....that said, a few days ago I walked out and started my wife's new vert, again having a set of AAC side markers ordered as the first mod we have done on now 3 Camaros. And again in less than a month I have a marker with bad LED's. I am convinced this is probably a manufacturing problem and if they are made overseas, there may be little that could be done by AAC. After all, if they test the light before they ship it, it would have passed inspection. I however wonder if they have a test wall setup where they put 100 lights and turn them on and off at varying intervals to truly test the quality of the LED's. That would indicate to them if they have a failure rate that is consistent with my experience.

So I am still at a consistent 25% failure rate, as I have had one light fail on all of my orders. My main point is that AAC, should look at my history as a customer and send me a new one, with a credit card deposit.

I have purchased, 3 sets of side markers, all have had 1 unit in the set fail.
I have purchased the concept mirrors, and they had to be returned for poor paint quality.
I have purchased 2 sets of back up lights and both sets had to be returned for scuff marks on the tinted lenses.

I have PM'd Jonathan a couple of days ago and have yet to get a response. At the end of the day, I love the products, but implore the company to really test the quality of the products they sell. I should not have to drive my brand new Camaro around with 1 stock lens while I wait on a replacement.

2012 ZL1 #213 M6 Black on Black
2013 ZL1 #2638 Convertible Auto
2010 Chevrolet Suburban
2011 GMC Seirra HD Denali
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #44
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Well here is an update to the saga and I would remind everyone not to get off topic. My OP title says be "Aware" not beware....that said, a few days ago I walked out and started my wife's new vert, again having a set of AAC side markers ordered as the first mod we have done on now 3 Camaros. And again in less than a month I have a marker with bad LED's. I am convinced this is probably a manufacturing problem and if they are made overseas, there may be little that could be done by AAC. After all, if they test the light before they ship it, it would have passed inspection. I however wonder if they have a test wall setup where they put 100 lights and turn them on and off at varying intervals to truly test the quality of the LED's. That would indicate to them if they have a failure rate that is consistent with my experience.

So I am still at a consistent 25% failure rate, as I have had one light fail on all of my orders. My main point is that AAC, should look at my history as a customer and send me a new one, with a credit card deposit.

I have purchased, 3 sets of side markers, all have had 1 unit in the set fail.
I have purchased the concept mirrors, and they had to be returned for poor paint quality.
I have purchased 2 sets of back up lights and both sets had to be returned for scuff marks on the tinted lenses.

I have PM'd Jonathan a couple of days ago and have yet to get a response. At the end of the day, I love the products, but implore the company to really test the quality of the products they sell. I should not have to drive my brand new Camaro around with 1 stock lens while I wait on a replacement.
I agree with you. I'd also recommend that they hire a QA department if they haven't done so already. Its obvious there business is booming and growing. Hopefully they can maintain a level of quality and professionalism as they expand.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #45
Haole
My K9 partner and me

Drives: 10 IOM SS
I had a sidemarker allow water in it years ago. I also had to pay for return shipping. I wasn't too upset abut that. What I was upset about was the weeks I had to wait for my credit card to be refunded after they received the bad light.
Since then I have sold my sidemarkers and am waiting for my set from Showstoppers to get to me. I have many other AAC products on my camaro and happy with them so far.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #46
mikeSS

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
no but they give you a rental car if you car is not able to drive.

i get if you have a problem and have to pay for shipping, but happeing multiple times is when a company should say this time the shipping is on us.

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 pending order
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 AM   #47
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
Great looking product but buyer should be aware of warranty repair process. This is the second set of concept side markers i have installed, the first was on my wife's 2010 when it was new, and the 2nd set are on my new ZL1. It was the first mod applied to both cars, which should say something about how I feel about these side markers.

That being said, the for the first order, immediately there was a problem with 4-5 of the LEDs in one of the lights not working, leaving a noticeable gap in the light string. I called AAC and gave them a credit card to put a deposit on the replacement unit, which I totally understood. They needed to be assured they would get the defective one back. The downside to that transaction was it required that I pay shipping on the defective product, and it took weeks for me to get my deposit returned to my card. No worries, I figured it was a one-time situation and I wasn't going to post anything about my experience.

I just got off the phone with customer service for the same problem with one of the side marker lights on my ZL1 and was told I needed to send the unit in for repair and wait for it to be repaired. She did not indicate how long it would take but in fairness to her, I did not ask. I explained that was not how it was done previously but she assured me that was the current policy.

I totally respect the business' right, and in fact necessity, to have a clear warranty replacement/repair policy, and that policy is stated on their website. That being said, given the nature of the cars these products are installed, forcing me to put the stock units back on for a week or more, or worse, rolling around with 3 concept markers and 1 stock, or just not driving the car until I get the repaired unit back, are not good options for me. I would urge AAC to rethink this policy in light of how their products are used and the customer's perspective.
I would also caution everyone that purchases this product, to check them frequently after installation. This is the second set I own, and have experienced the same problem with both sets shortly after installation. For both orders, I am having to pay to ship a defective product back to the manufacturer.

I think these are great looking products but unfortunately from my perspective quality is a concern at this point based upon my own experience.

I installed by afterburners last January. Pulled car out of Storage, had an afterburner lose three leds by June. Because of their BS return policy, I would be out of commision for the car for weeks because I did not have a stock part to replace it with.

I had to wait til this winter storage and i still havnt replaced it because its a fn big job to cut open the taillight and replace the burner.
Oh and shipping from Canada to the state, ueah get real. Honestly regret buying from AAC

Best part. Brought my car to all the car shows with the leds out. Everyone wanted them, I made them look at the burnt out leds, told them the BS return policy, then explained how you have to cut open lights. They all said f it
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #48
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wow are you guys blind to the failure rate of their products?
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #49
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
If you need to return something to Home Depot do you not have to drive to Home Depot to return it? So you waste gas driving there but the $3 or $4 in return shipping you complain about? I guess I'll just never understand it.
True, but you have it in the same day. Or your money back the same day. Not weeks later.
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #50
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
glad i deal with Phastek and AAC locally and don't have to worry about that stuff.
drive in and they replace unless it was a special order ( like painted)
510.7rwhp 477fpt
Oracle Lighting throughout
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote