Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SMGSS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
pioneer avh-p4400bh and rear camera

So I had and new stero installed several months ago and the shop that put it in seems to not know how to get my factory rear camera working with the AVH-P4400BH. I know it has a rear camera input so can anyone help me (and them) out with this????
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
"Rear View Camera: The AVH-P4400BH is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. The unit features a function that automatically switches to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera input jack) when an optional rear camera (sold separately) is installed. When the transmission is in reverse, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera (the violet/white wire in the AVH-P4400BH's harness must be connected to the vehicle's reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.7 seconds. Pioneer recommends using a camera with a mirror image (reversed) output."

It was easiest to just copy this from our site. Hope it helps!
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
red_johnny

Drives: 2010 Orange/Black Camaro LS Manual
I would be worried about a audio shop that can not make the camera work. This is as simple as it gets. Go with what crutchfieldbrooke said though. Should be a simple wire tap into the correct circuit.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
Did they ever get your camera working?
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
The camera is still working (through the rear view mirror) but my back up sensors are not working right. My car is going back the chevy dealership on Wednesday to have the dash replaced (damaged caused when they installed my radio) and hopefully they can fix the issues. I contacted the company that makes my dash kit and they said the backup sensors should go back to factory spec with a firmware update. Funny thing is that is installation company came HIGHLY recommended by a lot of people and when I went in to check them out, they had two camaro's in the shop and were very good and explaining what they were doing. They are trying to make things right but still, I figured out (too late) that they are not very good at doing research on newer vehicles.

What really sucks is that I am stuck having to go back and back to them for fixing most if these issues since nobody (understandably) is going to fix their mistakes.
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote