Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #1191
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: The BUFF
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 29,716
The final video of the Tundra Endeavour series by Toyota:

__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #1192
Lee0123567
Nope! v6.
 
Lee0123567's Avatar
 
Drives: 2001 SOM v6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa, OH
Posts: 459
I'll show you 7 million pounds of thrust
__________________
3" Magnaflow cat-back, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Wires, NGK Iridium plugs, KN Air Filter, Halo Headlights, Shaved Air Lid, Chrome ZR1 Rims, SS Hood Scoop/Spoiler

Lee0123567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #1193
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: The BUFF
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 29,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee0123567 View Post
I'll show you 7 million pounds of thrust
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #1194
atma
disco kryptonite
 
atma's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champaign
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I invite all Space Shuttle fans into this thread. We don't need C5 fest. I can have my own Space Shuttle fest in here.
I actually flew down to the Kennedy Space Center and watched the final launch of the Space Shuttle. The first flight was when I was a young, impressionable boy and I've grown up with it being a part of my life. It was pretty emotional watching that launch. so perhaps I missed it, but are you an actual shuttle astronaut, Overflow?
__________________
atma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #1195
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: The BUFF
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 29,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
I actually flew down to the Kennedy Space Center and watched the final launch of the Space Shuttle. The first flight was when I was a young, impressionable boy and I've grown up with it being a part of my life. It was pretty emotional watching that launch. so perhaps I missed it, but are you an actual shuttle astronaut, Overflow?
Unfortunately, no, I'm not a Shuttle astronaut. But I've been considering eventually joining the Astronaut corps after the Air Force. I do help document shuttle activities for nasaspaceflight.com, though.

I was on the KSC property the day before STS-135. It was more than cool to be able to see the final time an orbiter, and my favorite Space Shuttle, would be on the launch pad ever again.

How many launches have you attended?
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #1196
atma
disco kryptonite
 
atma's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champaign
Posts: 1,110
unfortunately, that was the only one. it was such an experience, though, that I'm hoping I can attend some rocket launches in the future
__________________
atma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #1197
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: The BUFF
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 29,716
Even if it was your first and only, be greatful. So many people haven't seen them in person. Seeing them on TV is NOTHING compared to seeing it in person. Both day and might launches are amazing to watch.

Unfortunately, SLS launches won't be anything like a Shuttle launch.
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #1198
AZCamaroFan
7 Years on Camaro5
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sometimes
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,139
i didn't see in person
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #1199
atma
disco kryptonite
 
atma's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champaign
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Even if it was your first and only, be greatful. So many people haven't seen them in person. Seeing them on TV is NOTHING compared to seeing it in person. Both day and might launches are amazing to watch.

Unfortunately, SLS launches won't be anything like a Shuttle launch.
yeah myself, my girlfriend and her whole family entered the lottery for tickets and we were fortunate enough to be selected to get enough tickets. we flew down, went straight from the airport to the KSC and spent the entire night exploring the site, checking out the museums,having a chance to see an orbiter up close (inside and out) and hoping all night that the clouds would break and we'd be go for launch. we were exhausted but it was so worth it and such a memorable experience.






__________________
atma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #1200
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,645
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #1201
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2011 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 21,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
__________________
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #1202
RobertHarriSS
 
RobertHarriSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 382
Hey Overflow,
I really like what you do here and your love for the STS.

I work for a NASA contractor and have done so for over 18 years.
After the Columbia disaster and the resulting investigation, NASA decided to install a UHF radio station as white sands space harbor. I was selected to be the antenna operator for that station. I had the awesome privilege of working over 20 launches and landings. As a part of that team, I gained a new respect for the machine and the people that were responsible for it's operation. I still work for NASA (contractor) but I miss the shuttle missions. I miss talking to the astronauts. I have no idea what our mission is or if we even have one but I digress...
I love what you do keeping the memory of the shuttle alive and being a cheerleader for space exploration.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #1203
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: The BUFF
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 29,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
yeah myself, my girlfriend and her whole family entered the lottery for tickets and we were fortunate enough to be selected to get enough tickets. we flew down, went straight from the airport to the KSC and spent the entire night exploring the site, checking out the museums,having a chance to see an orbiter up close (inside and out) and hoping all night that the clouds would break and we'd be go for launch. we were exhausted but it was so worth it and such a memorable experience.






Awesome pictures! It would've been even better if the clouds would've cleared more for STS-135, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
You posted this here too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
Hey Overflow,
I really like what you do here and your love for the STS.

I work for a NASA contractor and have done so for over 18 years.
After the Columbia disaster and the resulting investigation, NASA decided to install a UHF radio station as white sands space harbor. I was selected to be the antenna operator for that station. I had the awesome privilege of working over 20 launches and landings. As a part of that team, I gained a new respect for the machine and the people that were responsible for it's operation. I still work for NASA (contractor) but I miss the shuttle missions. I miss talking to the astronauts. I have no idea what our mission is or if we even have one but I digress...
I love what you do keeping the memory of the shuttle alive and being a cheerleader for space exploration.
Thank you sir. Fen can back me up that I truely am obsessed with the Space Shuttle.

Wow. That must've been the coolest thing to do. Still to this day I think it's awesome to listen to the launches and landings. It took a talented bunch to keep these birds flying.

I have high hopes and expectations for what SLS will do and discover, but it won't be the same. It's nice to talk to someone who knows how special these orbiters were. I know a lot of people see the Space Shuttle as a waste and failure, but they couldn't be more wrong. The Space Shuttle completed and exceeded what it was built to do. Yeah, it didn't launch as much and for as cheap as we intended, but I honestly think that's just mankind setting their goals to high. The Space Shuttle was a great machine from STS-1 to STS-135.
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #1204
atma
disco kryptonite
 
atma's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Champaign
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Awesome pictures! It would've been even better if the clouds would've cleared more for STS-135, though.
agreed. the tension all night was palpable because no one was sure if there'd be a launch at all.despite the cloudiness, was still able to watch the first 10 seconds or so of the launch live before having to turn to the monitors. I didn't get any pictures of the actual launch because I was too awestruck to take my eyes away and operate the camera. It was an emotional moment for sure.
__________________
atma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #1205
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: The BUFF
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 29,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma View Post
agreed. the tension all night was palpable because no one was sure if there'd be a launch at all.despite the cloudiness, was still able to watch the first 10 seconds or so of the launch live before having to turn to the monitors. I didn't get any pictures of the actual launch because I was too awestruck to take my eyes away and operate the camera. It was an emotional moment for sure.
I'm glad you got to witness it. It was, afterall, the final time that would ever happen again. Truely sad.
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #1206
Renegade
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,842
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Look up in the skys friday..you just might see something in your telescope.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #1207
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: The BUFF
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 29,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Look up in the skys friday..you just might see something in your telescope.

Oh yeah?
__________________
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.