Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest OR, ID, MT, WA, WY, AK

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 12:21 AM   #26
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus
 
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 1,282
looking forward to seeing the magazine issue!!! Congrats!!

I'm hoping my ride makes it into a magazine someday.. would be nifty.
__________________
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #27
bajamoon


 
bajamoon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Whittier CA
Posts: 13,734
Nice Tim. Like the haters gonna hate lol.

Sent from my Damn phone
__________________
My Build Thread
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5036900
Maureen@Rodgers Chevrolet...The best prices and customer service period!!(734)676-9600
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #28
HorsePower-Freak
 
HorsePower-Freak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS M6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 163
NICE!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsePower-Freak View Post
I know when I punch the gas pedal it makes ma D!#* move, and since that's a muscle.....I consider it a muscle car
HorsePower-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #29
1954 Belair-man

 
1954 Belair-man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 893
Good-luck, your car looks amazing.
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #30
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight
 
1hotchevy's Avatar
 
Drives: RS/2SS 6 speed manual
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington State
Posts: 331
Magazine

Tim, i know your car will make the magazine, its alot of fun, i had my boss mustang in 5.0 liter and had as photo shoot with muscle mustangs and fast fords mag. they are great people and alot of fun to be around. i know that u will do great! we need more pnw cars in mags so that the rest of world knows we are here. show um how we do things here! and i think we are all a little jealous we wouldnt be normal if we werent, you give us something to strive for. I know from experience that folks hate on you for atime but they do come around soon enough and you will start feeling the love again

__________________
1hotchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #31
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy
 
1o.f00t.570rk's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 530
Yours would be the first car I'd seen in a magazine and also have seen myself. That'd be pretty darned cool I think.

Also, I agree with the signed editions, when are we going to do another get-together?
__________________
Installed: Vararam Intake - ARK N-II Catback - F14 18x8.5 Rims - Window Tint - Camaro5.com Stickers - Team LLT Badge
On Hand: Fesler Rear Diffuser - Stunner Dovetail Spoiler -
T-Rex Upperclass Black Mesh Grille - PFADT Strut Tower Brace (Unpainted) - SEIBON TSII CF Hood - SEIBON CF OEM Trunk Lid
On Order: Ported IM
Future Plans: Airlift Suspension - CF Driveshaft - 9in IRS - SC FI - Brembo Brakes - more Pfadt
Team
LLT
1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #32
Teamradrz1
 
Teamradrz1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gresham, OR
Posts: 410
This is very cool!

I hope it works out, do you know the time frame for their decision?
__________________
Mods: Synergy series edition added by dealer(GFX, striping, hertiage grill, dove tail spoiler, ambient light kit, Hurst short throw shifter)
Showstopper side markers, Phoenix Gold system, MBRP Catback exhaust, Factory Strut tower brace, CAI intake, Hydro graphics, carbon fiber door panel inserts, 20% tint, clear bra, Plasma DRL, AAC scanner bar & Grill LEDs, int-trunk-license plate swapped for LEDs.
Teamradrz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #33
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..
 
With envy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buckley, WA
Posts: 1,541
Hey Tim, great news! Hope it all comes together for you. That would be cool. I just realized that I forgot to thank you for the Dyno ticket. Haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to what my "meager" V-6 can do. (Yeah, I'm still a little miffed about that comment- but I'll get over it!) And please forgive my manners Gunny; I meant to thank you for the info on the Eagle Eyes. Got mine installed last weekend when I had the nose off for painting. There should be a merit badge for anybody who has taken their nose off and lived to tell about it! Geeze, what a PIA!
Thanks to both of you! -G
__________________
It's a Camaro thing...
Not everybody who drives a Camaro "gets it"...But everybody that "gets it", drives a Camaro! -GG

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #34
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamradrz1 View Post
This is very cool!

I hope it works out, do you know the time frame for their decision?
The sooner the better for me, i have been waiting for 8 months to see if my whip was worthy, then all of a sudden i get an email from a guy named Scott Parker a Senior Editor with GM High Performance Tech Magazine wanting to know more about the ride and the reason behind the build, he also asked for plenty of photos so i sent them to him and just waiting now, trying to be patient i guess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Hey Tim, great news! Hope it all comes together for you. That would be cool. I just realized that I forgot to thank you for the Dyno ticket. Haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to what my "meager" V-6 can do. (Yeah, I'm still a little miffed about that comment- but I'll get over it!) And please forgive my manners Gunny; I meant to thank you for the info on the Eagle Eyes. Got mine installed last weekend when I had the nose off for painting. There should be a merit badge for anybody who has taken their nose off and lived to tell about it! Geeze, what a PIA!
Thanks to both of you! -G
No problem Gary, by the way your ride is definitely not meager, it never ceases to amaze me at all the threads on this forum about v6 or v8? Who gives a damn it's a Camaro and everyone has done their own personal touches to their own ride, most people never look under the hood and if they did they wouldn't know the damn difference! I love the Synergy Green, also love your air box made with your own hands, in my opinion that's what makes a ride special! Not someone who pays somebody else to do all their work for them and call it theirs? What's the point. I might offend some people but i am at a point where i could give a damn whose feelings get hurt. I put a lot of work in my ride myself not paying a shop to do it all for me and to me that is special! Just like your whip is special because it was you and your wife's ideas and your hands that put it together!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #35
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1o.f00t.570rk View Post
Yours would be the first car I'd seen in a magazine and also have seen myself. That'd be pretty darned cool I think.

Also, I agree with the signed editions, when are we going to do another get-together?
WHere have you been big guy? Haven't seen you since Meet N Greet!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #36
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotchevy View Post
Tim, i know your car will make the magazine, its alot of fun, i had my boss mustang in 5.0 liter and had as photo shoot with muscle mustangs and fast fords mag. they are great people and alot of fun to be around. i know that u will do great! we need more pnw cars in mags so that the rest of world knows we are here. show um how we do things here! and i think we are all a little jealous we wouldnt be normal if we werent, you give us something to strive for. I know from experience that folks hate on you for atime but they do come around soon enough and you will start feeling the love again

Bob from the moment i met you i knew you were a class act, respectful, truthful and honest, i appreciate your advice and your friendship!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #37
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
looking forward to seeing the magazine issue!!! Congrats!!

I'm hoping my ride makes it into a magazine someday.. would be nifty.
Like i said to Bob, Scott your are a very outgoing person and one of the nicest people i have met on here and in person!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #38
LADYBMBLEBEE
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 12 2SS/RS Transformer, 11 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Hey Tim, great news! Hope it all comes together for you. That would be cool. I just realized that I forgot to thank you for the Dyno ticket. Haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to what my "meager" V-6 can do. (Yeah, I'm still a little miffed about that comment- but I'll get over it!) And please forgive my manners Gunny; I meant to thank you for the info on the Eagle Eyes. Got mine installed last weekend when I had the nose off for painting. There should be a merit badge for anybody who has taken their nose off and lived to tell about it! Geeze, what a PIA!
Thanks to both of you! -G
Tim - Congrats! Let us know when you get your picture shot and the mag comes out.

Gary - My little SGM is more "meager" than yours. Not only does she have only have a V6, she is sooooo stock but I love her. I love dragonfly too, he is so macho.
LADYBMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #39
BAD Z/28
 
BAD Z/28's Avatar
 
Drives: 79 Z/28
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARYSVILLE
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
The sooner the better for me, i have been waiting for 8 months to see if my whip was worthy, then all of a sudden i get an email from a guy named Scott Parker a Senior Editor with GM High Performance Tech Magazine wanting to know more about the ride and the reason behind the build, he also asked for plenty of photos so i sent them to him and just waiting now, trying to be patient i guess?


No problem Gary, by the way your ride is definitely not meager, it never ceases to amaze me at all the threads on this forum about v6 or v8? Who gives a damn it's a Camaro and everyone has done their own personal touches to their own ride, most people never look under the hood and if they did they wouldn't know the damn difference! I love the Synergy Green, also love your air box made with your own hands, in my opinion that's what makes a ride special! Not someone who pays somebody else to do all their work for them and call it theirs? What's the point. I might offend some people but i am at a point where i could give a damn whose feelings get hurt. I put a lot of work in my ride myself not paying a shop to do it all for me and to me that is special! Just like your whip is special because it was you and your wife's ideas and your hands that put it together!
That could not have been said any better Tim great job. I would put my 79 up against any million dollar car that somebody bought. Its called blood sweat and tears.
BAD Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #40
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD Z/28 View Post
That could not have been said any better Tim great job. I would put my 79 up against any million dollar car that somebody bought. Its called blood sweat and tears.
Thanks, even if you have put your own vinyl on your Bowtie it's special, Just my .02 cents, but i think Gary's car is very special because who else has made their own halos? Haven't seen a single one anywhere on Camaro5 yet, I also have not seen anyone make their own Air Box. It made me jealous because it looks better than my CAI i paid for and installed myself! Your 79 is so kick ass, i love that car reminds me of my 79 Z-28 back in my sophomore year in high school, lot's of memories i won't discuss here, lol
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #41
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!
 
Dragonlady's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Buckley, WA
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
No problem Gary, by the way your ride is definitely not meager, it never ceases to amaze me at all the threads on this forum about v6 or v8? Who gives a damn it's a Camaro and everyone has done their own personal touches to their own ride, most people never look under the hood and if they did they wouldn't know the damn difference! I love the Synergy Green, also love your air box made with your own hands, in my opinion that's what makes a ride special! Not someone who pays somebody else to do all their work for them and call it theirs? What's the point. I might offend some people but i am at a point where i could give a damn whose feelings get hurt. I put a lot of work in my ride myself not paying a shop to do it all for me and to me that is special! Just like your whip is special because it was you and your wife's ideas and your hands that put it together!
Thanks Tim! That means a lot coming from a Hot Rod like you! I even have a tear in my eye. Gary is proud of what he has done as much as I'm proud of putting on my vinyl graphics(I have been ditzed because it's not paint! Figure if I get bored with it, I can just take it off...) You are correct as to every car is an expression of it's owner.
You do have an amazing ride and you should be proud of it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD Z/28 View Post
That could not have been said any better Tim great job. I would put my 79 up against any million dollar car that somebody bought. Its called blood sweat and tears.
Well said Buddy. Any one can pull out a check book....
Princess is just amazing. One of those things where I wish I was there to watch her transform from a POS to the Princess she is today!
You know...I have that '54, if your bored...LMAO!

Hey Stork we need to plan a get together. Synergy Squadron UNITE! Junebug too!
__________________
Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world. Marilyn Monroe
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #42
ZL1 Brian
 
ZL1 Brian's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 84
Your car is definitely worthy. I couldn't stop drueling over it at the XXX! You've done a great job. Congrats.
ZL1 Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #43
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN
 
RED DEMON SS's Avatar
 
Drives: RED DEMON!
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PNW MISFIT
Posts: 8,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Thanks Tim! That means a lot coming from a Hot Rod like you! I even have a tear in my eye. Gary is proud of what he has done as much as I'm proud of putting on my vinyl graphics(I have been ditzed because it's not paint! Figure if I get bored with it, I can just take it off...) You are correct as to every car is an expression of it's owner.
You do have an amazing ride and you should be proud of it!


Well said Buddy. Any one can pull out a check book....
Princess is just amazing. One of those things where I wish I was there to watch her transform from a POS to the Princess she is today!
You know...I have that '54, if your bored...LMAO!

Hey Stork we need to plan a get together. Synergy Squadron UNITE! Junebug too!
Thank you very much, i respect hard work very much as i know what it takes to get there, some one told me built is always better than bought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Brian View Post
Your car is definitely worthy. I couldn't stop drueling over it at the XXX! You've done a great job. Congrats.
Some of us are good at showing a poker face, i definitely loved your ride, sometimes being a kid is better than being an adult because we just are too serious about way to much!
__________________
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #44
BAD Z/28
 
BAD Z/28's Avatar
 
Drives: 79 Z/28
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MARYSVILLE
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Thanks, even if you have put your own vinyl on your Bowtie it's special, Just my .02 cents, but i think Gary's car is very special because who else has made their own halos? Haven't seen a single one anywhere on Camaro5 yet, I also have not seen anyone make their own Air Box. It made me jealous because it looks better than my CAI i paid for and installed myself! Your 79 is so kick ass, i love that car reminds me of my 79 Z-28 back in my sophomore year in high school, lot's of memories i won't discuss here, lol
LOL Ya I have quite a few of those myself from my old 81 that I used to have.
__________________
One Bad Z
BAD Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #45
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....
 
Ladybugsmom's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 6,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Not someone who pays somebody else to do all their work for them and call it theirs? What's the point. I might offend some people but i am at a point where i could give a damn whose feelings get hurt. I put a lot of work in my ride myself not paying a shop to do it all for me and to me that is special! Just like your whip is special because it was you and your wife's ideas and your hands that put it together!
Now who's hatin'?
I would love to have the mechanical skills to do work myself, but I just don't. My skills lean more toward the cerebral than the mechanical, so it will have to suffice for me to use my excessively high IQ to earn the money to pay someone who does have the skills. I did dye my stitching, learned coloring skills as a toddler

Let's just all get along, leave the cattiness for other parts of the forums...
__________________
High Heels and Fast Wheels!!
Ladybugsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #46
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..
 
With envy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Buckley, WA
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Now who's hatin'?
I would love to have the mechanical skills to do work myself, but I just don't. My skills lean more toward the cerebral than the mechanical, so it will have to suffice for me to use my excessively high IQ to earn the money to pay someone who does have the skills. I did dye my stitching, learned coloring skills as a toddler

Let's just all get along, leave the cattiness for other parts of the forums...

So who's bringing the Trivial Pursuit to Camaros in the Sand?

Name:  bring_it_horizontal.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  25.0 KB
__________________
It's a Camaro thing...
Not everybody who drives a Camaro "gets it"...But everybody that "gets it", drives a Camaro! -GG

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #47
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!
 
Dragonlady's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Synergy
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Buckley, WA
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
So who's bringing the Trivial Pursuit to Camaros in the Sand?

Attachment 400330
I'm sitting out on that one! Any one who has played you KNOWS never to play you again! That's why I call you my walking encyclopedia!
I'm tellin' ya that man has a brain of a steal trap, what goes in never comes out!

I don't want to get involved in this, but because I'm not college educated I'm only good for doing things with my hands? I'm sorry, but I take a huge offence to that!
Rant done!
__________________
Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world. Marilyn Monroe
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #48
LADYBMBLEBEE
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 12 2SS/RS Transformer, 11 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
I'm sitting out on that one! Any one who has played you KNOWS never to play you again! That's why I call you my walking encyclopedia!
I'm tellin' ya that man has a brain of a steal trap, what goes in never comes out!

I don't want to get involved in this, but because I'm not college educated I'm only good for doing things with my hands? I'm sorry, but I take a huge offence to that!
Rant done!
I can ask my son if we can borrow Apples to Apples. It is so fun and it gets even more fun when you have had a few beverages. No knowlege needed, just a good sense of humor! And I know you and I have that

Edit: See I can't even spell "Knowledge"

Last edited by LADYBMBLEBEE; 07-20-2012 at 11:29 AM.
LADYBMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #49
LADYBMBLEBEE
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 12 2SS/RS Transformer, 11 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Now who's hatin'?
I would love to have the mechanical skills to do work myself, but I just don't. My skills lean more toward the cerebral than the mechanical, so it will have to suffice for me to use my excessively high IQ to earn the money to pay someone who does have the skills. I did dye my stitching, learned coloring skills as a toddler

Let's just all get along, leave the cattiness for other parts of the forums...
Agree! Let's stop and remember we are all here for our love of Camaros! Not to put others down. My mother always told me, "if you don't have something good to say, keep your mouth shut". Let's keep it that way, okay?

Everyone has done a great job with their cars and should be proud of it no matter whether they did the work themselves or if they had someone else do it. All of our cars are worthy!
LADYBMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #50
camarossowner
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PORT ORCHARD, WA
Posts: 734




Quote:
Originally Posted by LADYBMBLEBEE View Post
Agree! Let's stop and remember we are all here for our love of Camaros! Not to put others down. My mother always told me, "if you don't have something good to say, keep your mouth shut". Let's keep it that way, okay?

Everyone has done a great job with their cars and should be proud of it no matter whether they did the work themselves or if they had someone else do it. All of our cars are worthy!
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.