Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
patroklai
Enthusiast

Drives: Camaro SS | e92 M3
Unusual car behaviors...

OK- two questions... on any car I have ever owned, I've never experienced the following. Keep in mind this is my first "American" car so I don't know if this is normal but it does seem a little silly.

1) When I turn off the car with the A/C "OFF" it will "forget" that I had selected to have the compressor "ON" and air set to circulate internally. I consistently have to press those buttons. If I turn off the car while the A/C fan is "ON" then this does not happen. Is this normal?

2) Occasionally when I turn on the car, if I pull down the windows too quickly and error will come on asking me to open and close the window... kind of like to reset their position. This is ridiculous as I've never seen another car do this.

Is this something we have to live with or does my car have a problem?

Thanks.
patroklai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
The only time my car forgets that I had the A/C "ON" when I turn the fan back on, after I turned it off, is if I turn my car off while the fan is in the off position. If I turn the fan off and then back on, without shutting down the car, it will remember that I left the A/C on. I do find it to be slightly annoying too.

I used to get the window errors when my car was brand new, but they went away after a few weeks.
jeepguy_1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
patroklai
Enthusiast

Drives: Camaro SS | e92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
The only time my car forgets that I had the A/C "ON" when I turn the fan back on, after I turned it off, is if I turn my car off while the fan is in the off position. If I turn the fan off and then back on, without shutting down the car, it will remember that I left the A/C on. I do find it to be slightly annoying too.

I used to get the window errors when my car was brand new, but they went away after a few weeks.
Sounds like we are experiencing the same thing... I've ably got 3600 me on mine so hopefully it will "go away"
patroklai is offline   Reply With Quote