Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #817
ScottyB911

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
That looks great Scotty!! I actually just asked on Facebook if they do custom cuts lol you just answered my questions here!!
Yeah I just went with the OEM style because I like the factory look. I was toying with the idea of solid rally stripes (no thin trim stripe) in a 2 tone satin/matte black like the Hotwheels edition. Unfortunately my car is too dark and the design kinda got lost when I tested it with samples.

You asked earlier about whether to go with carbon fiber or gloss black with yours...you could easily come up with a design that would have both. Maybe a carbon stripe with a 2" gloss black edge on all sides...or the reverse of that.
Attached Images

ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #818
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
Yeah I just went with the OEM style because I like the factory look. I was toying with the idea of solid rally stripes (no thin trim stripe) in a 2 tone satin/matte black like the Hotwheels edition. Unfortunately my car is too dark and the design kinda got lost when I tested it with samples.

You asked earlier about whether to go with carbon fiber or gloss black with yours...you could easily come up with a design that would have both. Maybe a carbon stripe with a 2" gloss black edge on all sides...or the reverse of that.
Actually I love that idea!! I just don't know if I want the matte black carbon fiber.. I rather have the gloss carbon fiber.. But I don't think a lot of shops have those.. Either way I've been playing around too.. I was thinking about just one big stripes like the hot wheels.. Either way I'm not getting any stripes till I get my hood in.. Which is going to be for a while..
Old 03-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #819
ScottyB911

Quote:
Actually I love that idea!! I just don't know if I want the matte black carbon fiber.. I rather have the gloss carbon fiber.. But I don't think a lot of shops have those.. Either way I've been playing around too.. I was thinking about just one big stripes like the hot wheels.. Either way I'm not getting any stripes till I get my hood in.. Which is going to be for a while..
You could basically do the 2 tone with any style stripe or stripes you want. If you want a 2 tone black...as long as one has a more "matte" finish than the other it doesnt matter which is which. I was also considering a 2 tone black using a solid gloss black for one and a metallic gloss black for the other...and a black/gray 2 tone using metallic vinyls for both colors. (Honestly there are so many possibilities you can go nuts trying to decide.)

The reason I went to a shop for stripes (aside from not trusting myself to do a good enough job) was because its really hard to get a sense of what something will look like unless you can see it in person. I didnt want to drop hundreds of dollars on pre-cut stripes from someplace online and then wind up disappointed...stuff like carbon fiber and metallics can look very different in different light so Its hard to trust a single image on the web.

When I first saw pics of the hotwheels camaro it looked like it had a solid black stripe...didnt notice it was 2 tone until more pics started showing up later on. (Not to mention I had no idea there is a ghost flame stripe on the rear quarter panels until I saw the car in person)

Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #820
ScottyB911

Quote:
By the way...as far as the vinyl material goes...if someone makes it, this place can get it...odds are whatever you come up with they can do.

Actually not that I think about it...you could probably even do a gloss black/gloss carbon combination as the texture of the carbon would contrast with the solid black. That might actually be pretty cool.

Last edited by ScottyB911; 03-15-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 03-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #821
ScottyB911

Mid-Atlantic Modern Mopars Show Postponed

DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER THE SHOW HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE ALTERNATE RAIN DATE APRIL 13, 2013. ALL TIMES, LOCATIONS, COUPONS AND REGISTRATION FEES STAY THE SAME.
PLEASE EMAIL MAMMAGAINSTMS@GMAIL.COM WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

WE HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE OUT ON APRIL 13!!
THIS DATE WILL BE RAIN OR SHINE!
1st Annual Car Show

Mid-Atlantic Modern Mopars Fight Against Multiple Sclerosis

ALL proceeds go to benefit the MS Delaware Chapter

Old 03-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #822
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '00 Silverado Z71
Yep......and I am still working that date too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least on that date I am on daywork..so I can try and visit
Old 03-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #823
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
By the way...as far as the vinyl material goes...if someone makes it, this place can get it...odds are whatever you come up with they can do.

Actually not that I think about it...you could probably even do a gloss black/gloss carbon combination as the texture of the carbon would contrast with the solid black. That might actually be pretty cool.
yeah thats what i was thinking too!!
i also had some thoughts about the hot wheels striped with a thin red stripes on the outside.. lots of ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Yep......and I am still working that date too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least on that date I am on daywork..so I can try and visit
geez you are always working Jim.. lol
Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #824
Sketch
SrA

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS RJT
Quote:
well guess what?!! i finally got my hands on these babies!! took me a while.. but it was worth it!!!
You lucky Bastard! lol Congratulations though. At least one of us got a good deal. I kind of gave up on looking for them. This face swap mod Im trying to do is going to cost almost as much as the rims.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #825
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
You lucky Bastard! lol Congratulations though. At least one of us got a good deal. I kind of gave up on looking for them. This face swap mod Im trying to do is going to cost almost as much as the rims.
Actually I found 3 sets at the same time.. Lol I went ahead and gave the other 2 away.. Was going to just buy them all and resell lol if you still want to get them I can keep my eyes out for another set.. I have a pretty good thing going now
In the meantime..
Old 03-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #826
ScottyB911

Quote:
yeah thats what i was thinking too!!
i also had some thoughts about the hot wheels striped with a thin red stripes on the outside.. lots of ideas!
I toyed with having an accent color as well...thats also a cool look.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #827
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Alright it's finally on!! I wanna thank Jon from Firestone who helped me put this on and repainted my rotors!!
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #828
SILVERHAWK

Looks great, but they would still look better on my car.....BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #829
Wuiquen

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Hey george, those look good.. congrats..

Now, you need to decide which stripes you going to be using. Ohh and yeah use the peple scottie used because accurate tinting did an ok job in my stripes sooo...lol
Old 03-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #830
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Looks great, but they would still look better on my car.....BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
ahaha come get in line for a set!!! you know you want it :wink:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Hey george, those look good.. congrats..

Now, you need to decide which stripes you going to be using. Ohh and yeah use the peple scottie used because accurate tinting did an ok job in my stripes sooo...lol
oh i know right!! i would have to wait for my hood to show.. was going to drive down there to pick it up.. but i wouldnt be able to drive m OEM hood back.. sooo im just going to order it when i can.
ive been thinking back and forth.. should i get the Showstoppers heat extrac hood or just get with eric and get me the MDP1 hood..
Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #831
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
ahaha come get in line for a set!!! you know you want it :wink:

oh i know right!! i would have to wait for my hood to show.. was going to drive down there to pick it up.. but i wouldnt be able to drive m OEM hood back.. sooo im just going to order it when i can.
ive been thinking back and forth.. should i get the Showstoppers heat extrac hood or just get with eric and get me the MDP1 hood..

Yeah, right after I get done paying to have my car painted for the second time in 2 weeks.......
Old 03-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #832
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Yeah, right after I get done paying to have my car painted for the second time in 2 weeks.......
man thats gotta suck.. you couldnt tell ... but my black camaro had the same problem.. the side rockers was all jacked up... but all i did was went to pep boys and got some touch up paint.. sand it.. smooth it out and paint it... no one could tell lol
Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #833
ScottyB911

Considering the visibility on our cars I suspect trashed rockers have to be a common thing.