Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #407
davidj

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by not133t View Post
car looks like a ghetto piece of crap, looks like it belongs with the rice burners
Yet another Troll :troll:
Old 06-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #408
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Thank you for your feedback Mayhem, thats the exact type of constructive criticism that I love to hear. Although you may not like everything we have done to the car so far, I can tell you still appreciate it and you were able to give me your thoughts in a cool, calm, collective, and helpful manner. I appreciate that and like you said, once you get your car I hope we'll see some pictures of what your going to do to your baby since I'm sure you'll love it! Thanks all keep it coming.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #409
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Personally I really like the grill. I like the grill that goes across the lights even better, but the one on it now is very nice. I don't think it's too "bling-blingy" because it's not chromed. Yes, it's lighter than the rest of the car, but I like the contrast that it brings without shouting "LOOK AT ME!" If you did it in black I think it would make the whole project look too monochrome.

I like the gas cap. It took a while to grow on me. The amount of contrast with the chrome definitely makes it stand out, but it really only bothers me from a broadside view. From an angle I like it. Personally I would probably go for a brushed aluminum.

The wheels - absolutely hate them. They look too industrial to me. The Camaro has a lot of fairly hard edges to it, but overall it is still a very masculine, yet sexy car. Those wheels don't have any sex appeal to them. They're hard edged with odd, oblong shapes strewn about. I don't think they fit the car very well. And with 22's please oh PLEASE drop the car an inch or so. It's getting that off-road look with those monster wheels. I know the OD of those tires are probably about the same, but with wheels that big they really need to hug the fender wells.

Also, since the gas cap is chrome, you might consider adding chrome (or polishing) to the wheels if you decide to change them. I think that's what throws me off about the gas cap, is it's the lone bright colored object on the whole car, while everything else is dark colored and/or matte.

Overall, I love what you're doing with the car. Well, minus the louvers. As with everything, you just have to find the right mix/match of your parts. Also, I love your new shifter in the rough, raw, pre-pro version you showed on here. I think it's quite suiting to the Camaro. Good job, guys!
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:21 AM   #410
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
^^ I agree with pretty much his entire post

Since you're working with a Non-RS model, i'd do a full length grill. If you Add Halo lights, definitely need to keep the Half grille.

I'd love to see a black chrome set of rims on that car. i agree that the current rims don't quite seem to fit right. they look out of place.

Can't wait to see the next set of photos! and that shifter when it get chromed over
moto-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:51 AM   #411
WILHELM

Drives: N/A
This sucker is turning out nicccce. I don't like the rims much though.

Last edited by WILHELM; 06-20-2009 at 04:05 PM.
WILHELM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:59 AM   #412
91CamaroRS

Drives: Toyota Corolla, Ford Edge
Heres what i think, The full billet grill is too much..no matter what at least in chrome. The wheels are too big, what are those 24" wheels. I would stick with 21 or 22" wheels. I personally love the flat/matte color on the wheels you just need to find the right wheel, this wheel design i'm not a fan of. Possibly black powder coated wheels with the full grill or partial grill in flat black. That could look pretty mean. Heres an idea of a wheel!
Attached Images

91CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #413
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
blind spots..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderworx View Post
more picture
With post I read yesterday about blind spots I wouldn't think those back window mods would work very well.. But it does look cool enough..
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #414
derin11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
No offense but those rims dont look very good:(
derin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #415
steviefranchize

Drives: truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by derin11 View Post
LOL you guys are rediculous, we will see whos Camaro is better at SEMA

See you then!
dont know why but when i read this i pictured this type of person lol........nobody makes me bleed my own blood!!

steviefranchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #416
Sledheadrick
Got vert??

Drives: 2004 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Here is your straight on posted picture Brian. Looks to me that the 1st "S" ( Red A ) Seems much wider than the 2nd "S" ( Red B )
I did a comparison by duplicating the 2nd "S" and ended up with the results of the Green A & B. I like the stuff you're doing with the Camaro, but got to say the first "S" is driving me crazy as why it looks wider?

Anyways, great work with all the rest and perhaps, I might figure this out!

I would love to see these with the center areas color matched to the paint...
Current rides:
2004 GTO, mods: some-a-dis, some-a-dat
2007 TBSS
Sledheadrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #417
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviefranchize View Post
dont know why but when i read this i pictured this type of person lol........nobody makes me bleed my own blood!!

i can see that. i wonder if he's bringing lazer and blazer to sema with him....
okay i'll stop feeding that troll now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledheadrick View Post
I would love to see these with the center areas color matched to the paint...

and do you mean so that it's just a chrome outline around the SS?
moto-camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #418
Bourgui

Drives: 1LT/RS, VR, GFX
Hi there,

I hadn't checked that thread in a while...
First off, I LOOOOVE those black rims! Seriously, you have me consider them for my (yet to be ordered) own camaro.

Second, of all the grills you've made, the one on the last picture (heritage style) is the one I like the most.

The window louvers are a no for me, but I don't dislike them more than that.
The RS and SS badging is a cool idea, but I find it is too big, especially if it goest with the "CAMARO' badging. Also, I know you guys specialize in chrome, but I find them too bright personally. Ideally it would be the same silver as the CAMARO badge, or maybe just fill it with another colour (like blue or red as is done on the Corvette ZR1 for example).

The reverse light bezels, IMO, look horrible... I wouldn't put them on if you paid me (well, unless you were reeeaaally generous )

Anyway, it's all a matter of personal taste in the end, so the more you offer, the more chances we all have of finding that little extra thing that makes our Camaro even better, so keep up the good work

Oh, and btw, if something I said has already been beaten to death around this thread, I'm sorry, didn't feel like reading the 17 pages, I just looked at the pix!
Bourgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #419
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
Personally I really like the grill. I like the grill that goes across the lights even better, but the one on it now is very nice. I don't think it's too "bling-blingy" because it's not chromed. Yes, it's lighter than the rest of the car, but I like the contrast that it brings without shouting "LOOK AT ME!" If you did it in black I think it would make the whole project look too monochrome.

I like the gas cap. It took a while to grow on me. The amount of contrast with the chrome definitely makes it stand out, but it really only bothers me from a broadside view. From an angle I like it. Personally I would probably go for a brushed aluminum.

The wheels - absolutely hate them. They look too industrial to me. The Camaro has a lot of fairly hard edges to it, but overall it is still a very masculine, yet sexy car. Those wheels don't have any sex appeal to them. They're hard edged with odd, oblong shapes strewn about. I don't think they fit the car very well. And with 22's please oh PLEASE drop the car an inch or so. It's getting that off-road look with those monster wheels. I know the OD of those tires are probably about the same, but with wheels that big they really need to hug the fender wells.

Also, since the gas cap is chrome, you might consider adding chrome (or polishing) to the wheels if you decide to change them. I think that's what throws me off about the gas cap, is it's the lone bright colored object on the whole car, while everything else is dark colored and/or matte.

Overall, I love what you're doing with the car. Well, minus the louvers. As with everything, you just have to find the right mix/match of your parts. Also, I love your new shifter in the rough, raw, pre-pro version you showed on here. I think it's quite suiting to the Camaro. Good job, guys!
Thanks 68. Once again thats the type of comments and feedbacks we love to here, even though you didn't like everything you were able to give me your opinion in a calm and respectable way that helps us. I also agree with what you're saying about the fuel door being the only chrome thing, but that is only for a little while, we will have the Chrome Side Vent Inserts on the car, as well as Chrome Running Light Bezels, Chrome Reverse Light Bezels, I am personally hoping however that we keep the Black Bowtie inserts instead of Chrome because I like the look of the black on black better. Anyways keep the responses coming guys and I will keep posting pictures every chance I get.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #420
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
^^ I agree with pretty much his entire post

Since you're working with a Non-RS model, i'd do a full length grill. If you Add Halo lights, definitely need to keep the Half grille.

I'd love to see a black chrome set of rims on that car. i agree that the current rims don't quite seem to fit right. they look out of place.

Can't wait to see the next set of photos! and that shifter when it get chromed over
I agree with you, personally I like the full length grill better but we'll have to see what they end up going with. As for the wheels we are trying out a few different types, many people seem to not like these so we'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for your thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILHELM View Post
This sucker is turning out nicccce. I don't like the rims much though.
Seems to be the general consensus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidreams View Post
With post I read yesterday about blind spots I wouldn't think those back window mods would work very well.. But it does look cool enough..
Thanks, although it is a light tint so it may not help the blind spot, but you can still see through the louvers a bit.

Tags
accessories, auto show, body, custom, sema