Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #101
cjoker
cjoker

Drives: 1997 RS, soon 2010 RS
i love that front fascia on the camaro thats on the bottom of your defender worx webpage.where you click for the camaro accesseries. im sure in the future theres gonna be all kinds of different front and rear fascias including different ground effects. Anyway,i am feelin your work so far on the car. this thing is going to SEMA,so i cant wait to see everything finished. nice work so far.In my opinion, i think a full phantom grill looks good too, even with the HID lights,you can still see the halos through the grill so its nice,the headlight cutouts look good too.cant go wrong both ways. LOOKIN GOOODD GUYS.And to add 1 more thing ,every1 just remember,this is the very begining of the custom work on this thing.these guys are going to SEMA with this car not some church car show,so theres no doubt when its ready to show its gonna hit hard.

Last edited by cjoker; 05-26-2009 at 11:32 PM.
cjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #102
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
While I may not like "everything" you have done to the car...... I am glad that someone is trying new things, that the aftermarket is in full swing. The 5th gen is definitely a hit!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #103
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Here are some new pictures with both of the concept grills inserted (upper and lower portions). I also included pictures of the Chevy Bowtie's that will be on the car as well as will be offered for sale by Defenderworx (for any information on purchasing these items contact Dave Hiller through Scott Volkert - CamaroScotty- at dhiller@north2newman.com). The pictures i have are of the black powder coated Bowtie's but they will be available in chrome as well. We are not sure yet whether the black or the chrome one will go on our SEMA car so please bear with us for the time being!

Enjoy
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #104
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.

Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Nice stuff guys!

Keep it comming.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #105
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjoker View Post
i love that front fascia on the camaro thats on the bottom of your defender worx webpage.where you click for the camaro accesseries. im sure in the future theres gonna be all kinds of different front and rear fascias including different ground effects. Anyway,i am feelin your work so far on the car. this thing is going to SEMA,so i cant wait to see everything finished. nice work so far.In my opinion, i think a full phantom grill looks good too, even with the HID lights,you can still see the halos through the grill so its nice,the headlight cutouts look good too.cant go wrong both ways. LOOKIN GOOODD GUYS.And to add 1 more thing ,every1 just remember,this is the very begining of the custom work on this thing.these guys are going to SEMA with this car not some church car show,so theres no doubt when its ready to show its gonna hit hard.
Thank you Joker I appreciate your thoughts and you couldnt be more correct, like you said this is only us having the car for about two or three weeks and we are going to have about 6 months total to work on it so it should look pretty different by the time we get done. But like i said before I am grateful for everyone's feedback both negative and positive because it all helps us out!

Thanks Guys.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #106
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #107
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderworx View Post
The fuel doors are already available at www.camarocollection.com and as u see in the other pictures we are also making the grill so that it is street legal and doesnt cover the halos. So we are making them both ways.
i know this was almost 2 weeks ago but... niiiiice!!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #108
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Thank you nightmare should have more pictures up here soon!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #109
Brady_SS
Otis From Mayberry

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS #42033
Send a message via Yahoo to Brady_SS
I'm liking the upper and lower billet grills

I wonder if it would be possible to integrate some sort of license plate bracket into the lower grill so us folks in states which require front plates won't have to resort to drilling the bumper. I'm planning to leave mine off until the tickets pile up.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
--Larry The Cable Guy
Brady_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #110
GTAwheelman

Drives: 1985 Camaro Sport Coupe
damn i wish you guys had an SS so we could see what you could do with the mail slot.
GTAwheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #111
Ferrarimk13

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro in a year
hm, are those black bowties just stick ons? they look great. I think the heritage grill is a little rough looking now, with the vertical bars, but i think its pretty cool. I like it better with the headlight cutouts on it.
Ferrarimk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #112
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
although i like the look of the camaro as is...i'm looking forward to seeing the finished product

i'd also like to see the billet grille covering the headlights and without to see which looks better
Old 05-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #113
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
I would be interested in knowing if you are also planning on making a chrome or brushed aluminum surround for the Heritage Grille? Like that of the 69 Camaro!
Attached Images

RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #114
cjoker
cjoker

Drives: 1997 RS, soon 2010 RS
aw man. im definantly feelin that grill.i didnt know it was gonna be a 2 piece like that.I cant wait till the grille is finished and the rest of the car.I get on everyday just to see the progress.its killing me.and to even find out that the grille will be available through yall,i think it will be anyway.sweet.omg,cant wait.
cjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 AM   #115
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I must have that Grill!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:35 AM   #116
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Nice to see a fellow californian making presentation for SEMA. Looks Good. I am really digging the grill.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:49 AM   #117
anthonybyram

Drives: 1972 Z28, torch red,454
Like the fuel door and upper and lower grille treatment. Kinda like how the grille in post #73 splits, but doesnt cover the headlight. Also holds the heritage grilles curved radius just in side the turn signal. Just my 2 cents. Love how that upper and lower grilles look in post #73. If you can make one that looks THAT good, Im gonna have to get me one of those! (LOL) Great job! Keep the pics comming on the progress.
anthonybyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:15 AM   #118
Ristaze

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Are there any posts on how to change the fuel door? Searched but couldn't find anything.
Ristaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #119
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Wow...I think the grill looks a lot better. It's a nice contrast with the "grill behind the grill."

I wonder if it would look better with the outer grills powdercoated black and leaving the brushed look of the "inner" grill with a chrome bowtie.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #120
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
hm, are those black bowties just stick ons? they look great. I think the heritage grill is a little rough looking now, with the vertical bars, but i think its pretty cool. I like it better with the headlight cutouts on it.
The bowties use automotive 3M tape and once they are put on they wont come off so no need to worry about that!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #121
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristaze View Post
Are there any posts on how to change the fuel door? Searched but couldn't find anything.
Are you looking for how to just change the regular fuel door or how to replace it with one of our locking doors? Either way it takes less than five minutes but theres a little difference between the two, let me know.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #122
Defenderworx
Accessory Guru

Here are some pictures of the Chrome Chevy Bowties that will be offered for purchase by Defenderworx as well as the previously picture Black Powder Coated Bowties.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #123
Kvapil28

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Wow i love the green
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #124
Ristaze

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Quote:
Are you looking for how to just change the regular fuel door or how to replace it with one of our locking doors? Either way it takes less than five minutes but theres a little difference between the two, let me know.
I would like replace with the chrome locking door.

Thanks in Advance.
Ristaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #125
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Here are some pictures of the Chrome Chevy Bowties that will be offered for purchase by Defenderworx as well as the previously picture Black Powder Coated Bowties.
I really like them.

I'm not even sure you can do this due to the chroming process but is there any way to get a crisp, sharp line down the center like the factory bowtie? The pics you show seem to have a "softer" look with a more rounded line down the center.

They are a winner! (So are the black ones).

Tags
accessories, auto show, body, custom, sema