Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences Share review & feedback on vendors and sellers

Old 07-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
DVader
DVader

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
DO NOT USE CARiD.com

I've never posted about bad service before. Because of the level of poor product description, and even worse poor customer service, I feel it is important to let my fellow Camaro friends have the "Buyer Beware" light flash before making any purchase from CARiD.com.

I ordered a set of neoprene seat covers (red and black with the bowtie emblem on the headrest) for my 2011 'vert. I placed the order on 27 June. On 11 July, after still not recieving a tracking number, I contaced CARid.com. The customer service agent, Vincent Colin, responded immediately, and told me there was a glitch. Two days later I recieved the seat covers. So far, so good; however, this is when it got bad. I opened the box to discover that the covers were not red/black, rather they were burgandy/wine and black. I thought it was just the lighting, so I took them outside. Nope, they were not red. I thought to myself, eh, let's see how they look. I followed directions exactly, and tucked and pulled, and pulled and tucked. No matter how much I did this, the covers fit like a universal fit from K-Mart. Absolutely terrible. On top of that, there were dark spots on the wine colored sections of the seat! I immediately contacted, through email, Vincent. I told him I wanted to return the covers because they were the wrong color, they didn't fit properly, and there were spots on the covers. He wanted me to put them back on (after I allready spend way to much time putting them on and taking them off) and take pictures. I told him no. I want to return the seat covers for a full credit. He didn't respond. I send another email to him letting him know that I attend a lot of local area car shows and that I will make sure that people see the quality of product his company produces. No comment back from him. I called the number listed on the website, "24 Hours a day, 7 days a week customer representatives are standing by". The number is disconnected. The second number listed, a corporate number, starts off by telling you a joke, then promts you to wait for a rep...then you get disconnected.

Luckily, I made this purchase with a credit card and Chase Bank has credited my account for the whole amount.

I just want to make sure that my fellow Camaro enthusiasts don't have to go through the mess I just went through. There are way too many other places to get our dress up kits, and performance mods. Don't waste you time or money at CARiD.com.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Ouch! Sorry to hear :(
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
It blows my mind how companies conduct themselves. If I tried acting like they do I wouldn't have a paycheck for very long in the industry I'm in.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
That really sucks, thank God I haven't had horrible service like that yet
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Wow, I always heard good things about them on here!
Kiss My SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
lopezmatthew01

Drives: 12' Camaro 1SS/RS
Sucks to hear. I suggest giving wet okole a try. Bought some for my previous car and the fit was incredible. Have been thinking about gettin some for the Camaro. You could order free color swatches as well.
lopezmatthew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
Candy_Camaro
Amanda

Drives: 2012 IBM 2LS
So sorry to hear that you had bad service. We have bought a lot of items through them and have had nothing but great service. But, until recently, we have not run into any issues with our products. We are currently attempting to fix an issue with some Halos purchased.
Candy_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
dkp2LT

Drives: '10 2LT/RS, '13 GT/CS, '10 Flex
Wow that sucks. Glad you worked it out with Chase at least.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Well, I was about to place an order at this place, wont be doing that now.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
yotaman96

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2000 Trans Am WS6
I sent a pm to them once before on another forum asking for a price. They never responded, so I never ordered from them.
2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4x4
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2011 LT/RS, ZL1 vert 13
Wow I'm surprised. I ordered my caliper covers from them and they were great, even gave me 15 percent off my order. Sorry to hear though
SoCalCamaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
tjk_art

Drives: 2010 CGM w/ black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVader View Post
Luckily, I made this purchase with a credit card and Chase Bank has credited my account for the whole amount.
LOL hope you kept the seat covers. That way he can be on the other end of the deal when he finds out what happened. Let him send you emails, call you ect. and never respond.
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
nytrorcr

Drives: I.P.C. 2SS vert, 21 wheels
Now I am glad they didn't answer my e-mail on a couple items....
nytrorcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
I will say I had to go through the whole take pictures routine with them also on two items, ended up eating the cost and not using them again.
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #15
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Stick with the vendors here in C5, they won't do you wrong.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Thanks for giving us a heads up! Unfortunately, this isn't the first bad experience I've heard of with Carid.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #17
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
I had a similar experience with West Coast Camaro, I ordered some Lloyd Mats from them. The description said the mats matched the interior of the Camaro perfectly. Well, when they finally got here they were ebony, a dark grey, color code 118. The picture was black, color code 100. I wanted black. When I contacted West Coast they told me they weren't available in black, which to be blunt, is a lie. I just decided to keep the mats, they're nice, they really are, and they're close to black. But yeah, if you're anal, you really need to be careful with some of your purchases and ask a lot of questions before you buy. Thanks for the warning about CARiD
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
The Stig

Drives: out of the ashes
Moved to vendor feedback subforum
Old 07-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #19
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
That sucks,but thanks for the heads up.I've ordered plenty internet stuff and have never had any issues with anyone. I must say though ,that the most outstanding service I have ever had is Marylandspeed.com. If whenever I should need anything, they will definitely be first on my list.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
diamondmike

Drives: 2SS/RS
Long story. But I think there the worst company on the planet. I would never use them again.

7.83 @ 172 and 1.15 60ft 5th gen
4.93@143
diamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #21
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
I agree, I have had excellent service with Marylandspeed.com
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:51 AM   #22
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow...I was just about to put down 1500 on a body kit from them. Definitely not now. Thank you for the heads up.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #23
CARiD

Drives: Camaro 2010 SS/RS
Guys - Let me start my offering my sincerest apologies for this issue escalating to this point

If anyone one here has received anything but the highest levels of customer service that is completely unacceptable and not who we are here, at CARiD.com.

Also, if any inquiries that were initiated through the C5 forums have gone unanswered, I apologize for that as well.

Let me backtrack for a second and introduce myself - My name is Jon Frattini and I am one of the Sales Managers here at CARiD. I have been with the company for over 3 years and care for it like it was my own. To see that we have had some customers here who have not had the best experiences with us upsets me.

This account was registered to a former employee of ours and when he parted ways with my company we lost track of the communication that was taking place with the C5 members. I take personal responsibility for this and I am also taking personal responsibility to make sure that any issues that you may have experienced with us are resolved to your satisfaction.

I will contact anyone (Via PM) who stated they had a customer service related issue in this thread and I will leave my contact information below so that anyone else is able to reach out to me.

Again, I just want to reiterate that this is not how we do business and our customers are, indeed, are number one priority. We will do whatever it takes to prove that to, not only ther C5 members but, all of our customers.

If anyone has any additional questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at 800-505-3274 ext 833.
CARiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #24
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carid View Post
Guys - Let me start my offering my sincerest apologies for this issue escalating to this point

If anyone one here has received anything but the highest levels of customer service that is completely unacceptable and not who we are here, at CARiD.com.

Also, if any inquiries that were initiated through the C5 forums have gone unanswered, I apologize for that as well.

Let me backtrack for a second and introduce myself - My name is Jon Frattini and I am one of the Sales Managers here at CARiD. I have been with the company for over 3 years and care for it like it was my own. To see that we have had some customers here who have not had the best experiences with us upsets me.

This account was registered to a former employee of ours and when he parted ways with my company we lost track of the communication that was taking place with the C5 members. I take personal responsibility for this and I am also taking personal responsibility to make sure that any issues that you may have experienced with us are resolved to your satisfaction.

I will contact anyone (Via PM) who stated they had a customer service related issue in this thread and I will leave my contact information below so that anyone else is able to reach out to me.

Again, I just want to reiterate that this is not how we do business and our customers are, indeed, are number one priority. We will do whatever it takes to prove that to, not only ther C5 members but, all of our customers.

If anyone has any additional questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at 800-505-3274 ext 833.
I'd suggest making a new CARiD account. I know a lot of people who have warned about CARiD's products and customer service. Which leaves many very wary of CARiD and anything associated with this account. I would also make a general discussion post about how you have taken over the account and ask the mods not to move it for a while. Be active here and listen to the customers and figure out the wrongs. I know c5 is very good at reusing vendors. So be our friend . The more active you are here the more you people know you

I do know carid has a huge selection of stuff but I have never bought because of the bad stories I hear . I'd love to see this change.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #25
CARiD

Drives: Camaro 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
I'd suggest making a new CARiD account. I know a lot of people who have warned about CARiD's products and customer service. Which leaves many very wary of CARiD and anything associated with this account. I would also make a general discussion post about how you have taken over the account and ask the mods not to move it for a while. Be active here and listen to the customers and figure out the wrongs. I know c5 is very good at reusing vendors. So be our friend . The more active you are here the more you people know you

I do know carid has a huge selection of stuff but I have never bought because of the bad stories I hear . I'd love to see this change.
Adam, I truly appreciate the advice. I will be making a general discussion post right away. We realize that there was a big oversight on our part, let’s face it communities like this keep the Industry alive. The phrase “car enthusiast” has changed over the years and we appreciate everything Forum communities bring to the table. The only thing I can say is again how sorry we are for the neglect of this community and we will be doing everything in our power to regain your trust and respect.
CARiD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carid.com, do not use this company