Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
less2010

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Can GM alter my custom tune?

Just installed a custom tune on my car and wondering, if I go to the dealer for what ever reasons do they have the capability to delete or alter a custom tune on my vehicle.If so would that divorce my hand held tuner to the car.Please chime in.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by less2010 View Post
Just installed a custom tune on my car and wondering, if I go to the dealer for what ever reasons do they have the capability to delete or alter a custom tune on my vehicle.If so would that divorce my hand held tuner to the car.Please chime in.
the dealer can re flash your computer if they wanted to, but not sure if they would ever do that, since you have no warrenty I am sure they would tell you first. you would just re flash it once you got the car back.
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
less2010

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
But will I be able to reflash after the programmer is relooking for tune to be installed already.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
I want to say it will depend on your tuner that you are using. If it has slots that is capable of holding multiple tunes then you should be able to reflash no problem.

Also dealers don't simply reflash cars ECM back to stock just because they want to.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I want to say it will depend on your tuner that you are using. If it has slots that is capable of holding multiple tunes then you should be able to reflash no problem.

Also dealers don't simply reflash cars ECM back to stock just because they want to.
Right they would need a reason in the first place to even be looking at the ECM programming, maybe a CEL for instance.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
Tampa Tuning
Like us on Facebook!

Drives: C5 Corvette/ 2010 Camaro
Carmaro Corvette GTO GM Truck tuner in Tampa Brandon Orlando

What I tell the guys cars that I tune, when you take it to the dealership to have something unrelated to the drive train fixed and they update your tune thinking they are just doing you a favor, thus deleting my performance tune, dont worry about it or get into a pissing contest with them. They thought they were just updating your configuration. Just call me and come by, and Ill upload your tune again. Its not a problem. Its 5 minutes for me to do.
www.TampaTuning.com
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
Crystal_Red_SS

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat 2SS/RS
Put it back to stock if you can. I had another GM vehicle in for service and because there was an update to the OEM program they checked to see if I had it. I had the custom tune installed and they didn't even know it, but, if my vehicle had needed an update they would have flashed over it which is not a problem for me since I have the tunes on my home PC and change them out using an EFI Live AutoCal. Better to be safe than sorry I always say. Plan to do the same with the 2SS if it ever goes to the dealer.
Crystal_Red_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
mikeSS

Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
What I tell the guys cars that I tune, when you take it to the dealership to have something unrelated to the drive train fixed and they update your tune thinking they are just doing you a favor, thus deleting my performance tune, dont worry about it or get into a pissing contest with them. They thought they were just updating your configuration. Just call me and come by, and Ill upload your tune again. Its not a problem. Its 5 minutes for me to do.
www.TampaTuning.com
my locked tune should give them trouble hehehe

2010 camaro cammed- sold
2013 E92 V8 M3 DCT ZCP
C7 Z06 next
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote