Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Sw0rdf1sh

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary - No Stripe
ProClip Center Speaker Mount

Around Christmas last year I went in search of a mount for my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. I had searched on here and on the Internets for some solutions but I had yet to see anyone with the Center Speaker Mount.

I ordered the part and initially, although I was very excited the way it looked, it just did not seem to stay on with the occasional bump in the road. When you have a $400 tablet falling, it can create some serious stress.

I contacted the company and they immediately shipped a replacement that was here quickly. Unfortunately, it too had the same design flaw.

After a good discussion via email regarding what I deemed to be the issue, they quickly contacted me and let me know they went back out to a local Chevy Dealer and re-engineered a slight change that should solve the issue. Within days I had the new mount and it has been perfected.

After several months of the device mounted I have to say I'm completely pleased with the mount now. It has had some rough tests along the way (thanks to lack of road maintenance on I40) but not once did it even shake. It is solid and can handle much more additional weight, which will probably allow me to move up to a Windows 8 device in the future.

I've included some pics and a short video so you can see how it mounts and visibility. I wanted something that wouldn't take up anymore precious windshield space and was a little concerned with the mounts that go on the air vents. Based on some other posts in the past month or two, I see that the air vent mounts made by Pro-Clip seem to hold up pretty well too.

Anyway, this was my first mod and only one internal right now.

I think my pics make it look a little higher above the dash than it really seems, but I didn't notice it until I uploaded them.

2012 45th Anniversary LT2; Stripe Delete; MnP Carbon Fiber Bowtie Inserts; ORACLE Concept SMD Sidemarkers; Oracle LED License Plate Bulbs, ProClip Center Speaker Mounted Samsung Galaxy Tab, Sequential Taillights
Sw0rdf1sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Not bad, does seem a tad bit high, well at least compared to my iPad using the vent clips.
I didn't know they made one for the center speaker. Would be cool if the piece clipped to the speaker follows the contours of the dash. I wish they actually made a part that let you adjust the height. But they are some sturdy clips, I don't trust anything from anyone else.

You should put together a little video showing off the apps you use for in car.
I made one for my iPad, but my lazy ass hasn't posted it yet. Would be cool to see how the other side rolls. Have to say I'm quite happy with my setup, sure you are also.

I just wish car manufacturers would just get with the program and start building tablet docks in the car. Nothing available from any car manufacturer or aftermarket compares.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I have a similar mount, but it doesn't clip into the speaker.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195723

jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Sw0rdf1sh

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary - No Stripe
Yea liquid I will try to at least post a pic or two of the view from the actual drivers position instead of a little lower. It is weird how much higher it looks over the dash from my pics, but mainly due to my position with camera.

I'll pop up some pics and list my main apps too. I'm telling you, I travel from NC all through VA and this really has changed my driving experience.

Hooking it up through bluetooth and playing movies like "Thor", etc. really keeps the kids quiet sometimes too!

2012 45th Anniversary LT2; Stripe Delete; MnP Carbon Fiber Bowtie Inserts; ORACLE Concept SMD Sidemarkers; Oracle LED License Plate Bulbs, ProClip Center Speaker Mounted Samsung Galaxy Tab, Sequential Taillights
Sw0rdf1sh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps, mount, navigation, proclip, tablet