Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
jasonflenniken12

Drives: 2011 black on black 2ss loaded
sct x3 help please any one

ok so here is the deal i am new to the hole hand help tuning thing i just bought a sct x3 for my 2011 camaro 2ss automatic i got the sct x3 that comes with the 3 preloaded tunes for fuel octane and down loaded the 93 octane apon doing this it selected preloaded tunes i picked adust options then adjusted the fuel to 93 octane also adjusted speed limiter along with turn off dod thats it for that part then it gave me the option to either normal shifting or firm shift points so i picked the firm shift points. everything downloaded to the car fine. here is my question now when driving either in s mode (i dnt use the paddle shifters) or regular mode it seems to almost red line before shifting and is jerky shifting and down shifting plus there seems to be a hesitation ecspacily when i puch the gas pedal it seems to hesitate more than if i left it car stock also the auto door locks dnt lock until it seems like what id consider second gear maybe. i dnt know if its missing gears or if all of this is normal to me it just seemed alittle off but like isaid i am new. now i reprogramed it kept everything the same as above other theni changed the shift point back to normal it works fine but it seem like there is no diffrece betwen this and stock my car is completly stock so i understand there isnt gonna be hair raising gains but i figured i feel alittle somethin. there were other adjustable options fuel trim etc. should i be doing someting with these as well? any help on this whole thing would be greatly appreciated id like to just get the best une for my car with what i have for now then down the road work my way up
jasonflenniken12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
jasonflenniken12

does any of this sound normal for the sct x3 power flash model 3416 or could the preloaded tune be off? or do i need to do adjustments to the other options on the hand held like furl trim axel ratio etc?
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
jasonflenniken12

fuel
Old 07-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Try getting a custom tune to load into it.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Horsepower Direct

Drives: We own a few muscle cars...
did you update the tuner or plug it into your computer to see if everything is updated.?
Horsepower Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
jasonflenniken12

ok so i got it updated and everything seems to be better but now for the transmisson part it give me more adjustable options like shift press 1-2 2-3 3-4 4-5 5-6 i can pick stock or up to 25% what does this mean and what is the best choice to go with? it also give the same type of option= wot -1 mph up to +6mph 1-2 2-3 3-4 -4-5 and 4-6 i have no clue about this option anyone know what this is refering to and best setting for it? i would just like to get the most gain with what i have (stock auto tranny etc) for now (it a daily driver also if that makes a differecne. thanks everyone. after i get my cai and headers ill get a custom tune then