Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 09-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #1276
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I'm looking for updates on the LLT cams

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #1277
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Old 09-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #1278
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutLFX View Post
One set has been installed and tuned for Vong on his LFX. Mace wants to wait a while before sending mine out. Power gains look pretty good. Check out the LFX Cams? thread.
Why would he want to wait on your cams? Does the profile need tweaking still??

Quote:
I haven't heard much out of Yellow_Glide lately.

I think it is encouraging for us that cams for the LFX are starting to look promising. Yes, sucks its the LFX, instead of the LLT, but at least to me that proves it can be done with these engines. I see absolutely no reason why cams could work in the LFX but not the LLT.

Well...I'll take a step back from that...of course tuning is a much bigger barrier for us. But I've always wondered if the grind profiles that Yellow_Glide is running was the "correct" or "ideal" profile. I think whatever MACE has done with these LFX cams is a slightly different grind and probably closer to ideal than what Yellow is running.

Now, sadly getting a true dyno tune for the LLT is very tough to find, and for most people it is almost out of reach (like me...I'd probably have to drive hours and hours to get to a shop that would be willing to work with Arno and do live, but remote tuning which is a pain in the ass I'm sure) BUT I feel it can be done! Hopefully it isn't over just yet.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #1279
lscamaro

Dyno tuning is only 2 hours away from me. LMR tunes with trifecta software on the dyno

Old 10-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #1280
CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Yellow Chevy Camaro LS
I wish this was all done and figured out for our LLT Camaro's!!
Roto-Fab intake, Vmax throttle body, Painted engine and fuse covers, Strut brace, Elite catch can, Custom yellow vinyl dash and door inserts, Center console gauges, Kicker stereo system, ZL1 pedals, ZL1 Rockers, Rear spoiler, SS Brembo brakes, Russell S.S. brake lines, 20" staggered Foose Legend wheels with Nitto Invo tires.
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #1281
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
if cams were completed. id buy them asap.. and then be done with this car.
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #1282
lscamaro

Depending on gains, I would too.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #1283
J_Vibe92

a nice sounding real cammed v6 would be cool.
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
Old 10-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #1284
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
a nice sounding real cammed v6 would be cool.
A cammed v6 that hopefully doesn't kill gas mileage would be a great compromise for me between just bolt ons and FI. I'd be completely happy with a cammed v6 that ran good times. I heard we may have some resolution or at least more info on this in the coming weeks

Old 10-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #1285
Decepticon21

Drives: 2010 Camaro v6
Anything changed yet? any updates or new info?
Decepticon21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #1286
J_Vibe92

What makes the cams impossible so far? Im confused on why, tuning?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #1287
lscamaro

Quote:
What makes the cams impossible so far? Im confused on why, tuning?
There has only been 1 person who has agreed to undergo the testing for them. Unfortunately, RX performance screwed up the testing. When progress was finally being made and a 30 rwhp gain was made, Tracy put on his "ported heads" and lost 60 rwhp. That was before tuning. His excuse was that the tuning would fix everything but it never got finished. So since Tracy basically lied, it's not really known if the current grind works or if a new one is needed. But yes tuning is a huge part of this. Trifecta cut ties with Tracy which pretty much left the cam development at a stand still. Yellow_Glide just posted that he was going to get the tuning part revived and hopefully get everything back on track in the second week of november. I believe another grind may be needed and tracy ruined the motor so some new motor parts may be needed. Yellow_Glide has also had a serious back injury further delaying this. Hopefully things go smoothly in the coming weeks and we can get this back on track.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #1288
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
Quote:
A cammed v6 that hopefully doesn't kill gas mileage would be a great compromise for me between just bolt ons and FI. I'd be completely happy with a cammed v6 that ran good times. I heard we may have some resolution or at least more info on this in the coming weeks
Cammed + headers + intake and a tune... 300 RWHP should consistently obtainable. Perhaps a little more... That's none to shabby, seeing as the heavier L99 is probably only throwing down 320-330.

275 / 40 / 20 Continental ExtremeContact DW's on all corners

Next up:
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe (Purchased but not installed)
EBC Redstuff street pads
Carbotech XP8 / XP12 track pads
1LE Track Pack

Note: This car built by JDP Motorsports!
stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #1289
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey_frac View Post
Cammed + headers + intake and a tune... 300 RWHP should consistently obtainable. Perhaps a little more... That's none to shabby, seeing as the heavier L99 is probably only throwing down 320-330.

300 rwhp better be attainable, most with full bolt ons are dynoing at 275-280. If cams can't get you 20 rwhp, they're not even worth it. I'm looking to be in stock SS territory with full bolt ons and cams.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #1290
stevey_frac

Quote:
300 rwhp better be attainable, most with full bolt ons are dynoing at 275-280. If cams can't get you 20 rwhp, they're not even worth it. I'm looking to be in stock SS territory with full bolt ons and cams.
Was the 30 HP that was added... was that over stock? Or was that over modded? Much more significant if over modded. If over modded, and not tuned, it *could* be a 40 hp upgrade when combined with bolt-ons. Then you might get your 320 RWHP. That would indeed be badass. It'd also sound badass.

Next up:
EBC Redstuff street pads
1LE Track Pack

Old 10-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #1291
J_Vibe92

I wonder if lmr would give it a try
Old 10-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #1292
J_Vibe92

Nevermind I got good LLT news!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #1293
stevey_frac

Oooo? Spill!

Next up:
EBC Redstuff street pads
1LE Track Pack

Old 10-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #1294
ryanb910

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I would love to have some better cams in my Camaro
Old 10-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #1295
lscamaro

Quote:
I wonder if lmr would give it a try
I'm about 99% that's who's doing the tuning for it. I could definitely be wrong though

Old 10-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #1296
J_Vibe92

LMR has already started doing custom grinds for cams on our motor and will provide the tuning through their own trifecta software. Im texting Jay, one of the main owners there, but ill let yall know whats going down. They are also now doing heads and stuff for the lfx too.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #1297
KMPrenger

Quote:
LMR has already started doing custom grinds for cams on our motor and will provide the tuning through their own trifecta software. Im texting Jay, one of the main owners there, but ill let yall know whats going down. They are also now doing heads and stuff for the lfx too.
Wow now that is some news. I was under the impression that they were just going to be doing LFX heads and cams since they posted that in the LFX section and not in the LLT section.

If this is all true I can't wait to see another company (ANY decent company that isn't RX!) take a crack at this and give it the shot it deserves.

By the way J_Vibe...is this Jay you mention the former BMORECAM that was on this site and did/does the ported intakes? If so, I may have to get ahold of him.

Also, I know you got a custom dyno tune through LMR and their new tuning software...but did you ever give the details on that. I thought you said you had good results and I followed your build thread, but I don't think much was said about it. Do you have any updates or more information on that??
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 10-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #1298
KMPrenger

Talking about power, I have always felt that with bolt ons and a tune that works well with cams that at least 310 - 320rwhp should be attainable for a manual and 300 - 310 for an automatic. That would be sweet but I'm concerned that low end power might be lost and the peak HP would be very high, like well into the 7,000 rpm range.

I'm guessing much of that has to do with the cam grind profile, and hopefully the latest and greatest grind keeps much of the power in a streetable range.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #1299
J_Vibe92

Sorry I dont do much writing in my build profile. I got 16hp gain. I forgot the torque number. The shifting is on point though
Old 10-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #1300
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Wow now that is some news. I was under the impression that they were just going to be doing LFX heads and cams since they posted that in the LFX section and not in the LLT section.

If this is all true I can't wait to see another company (ANY decent company that isn't RX!) take a crack at this and give it the shot it deserves.

By the way J_Vibe...is this Jay you mention the former BMORECAM that was on this site and did/does the ported intakes? If so, I may have to get ahold of him.

Also, I know you got a custom dyno tune through LMR and their new tuning software...but did you ever give the details on that. I thought you said you had good results and I followed your build thread, but I don't think much was said about it. Do you have any updates or more information on that??
No, if I'm not mistaken he's talking about jay from LMR.

Hey jvibe, keep me in the loop! Let me know if you still have my number. If not I'll pm it to you again. I finally got the cats I wanted for my headers so after that I'm done with all my bolt ons. I'm doing some cosmetic mods while I see what LMR can come up with. If they have a good deal on heads, cams, tuning, and install, I wouldn't mind saving up for that and taking my car to them to get it done since it's only 2 hours from me