Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons for V6 Camaros.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:04 AM   #26
camaro-heater
22 years of slammin gears

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
What exactly do I need to do if I order a dual valve without a supercharger but later want to put one on so i dont end up buying 2 catch cans?
camaro-heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:31 AM   #27
b1gr3dmachin3

Drives: 2012 Camaro IOM LFX
do you have any of the single valve in stock? If not, do you know when you will get some in? Thanks
b1gr3dmachin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #28
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Just specify "cap secondary valve" when ordering and the dual valve will come with one capped until needed in the future.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #29
camaro-heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Just specify "cap secondary valve" when ordering and the dual valve will come with one capped until needed in the future.

Thank you very much for the info, ordering one tonight!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #30
camaro-heater

Get them sales Chase!
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Tuned by: Boost Performance 550rwhp/538tq.
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #31
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
LOL!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #32
Apex Motorsports

It is HUMP day! Be sure to get your orders in before the weekend sneaks up.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 AM   #33
gmjack

Drives: Camaro 1LE 2SS NPP RS SILVER ICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-heater View Post
What exactly do I need to do if I order a dual valve without a supercharger but later want to put one on so i dont end up buying 2 catch cans?

This here, goin the same way. pm please
gmjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 AM   #34
Apex Motorsports

Old 02-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #35
Apex Motorsports

Thank you for your weekend orders Camaro5!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #36
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I am still contemplating buying one. I am hard on the throttle some but don't run WOT that often. I have seen oil in inlet tube on my CAI between the TB and the box and think it is coming from the hose that is connected to the tube which looks like it is a part of the PCV system. What is done about this hose, it is plugged or capped? Since I am not at WOT that often is there a need for the breather cap? I'm asking about the breather as I am trying to curb my spending on accessories and don't want to buy something I don't need. It looks like the oil that I seen in the intake when I changed to the ported TB I am thinking seriously that I need a catch can and just trying to make up my mind which one. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #37
camaro-heater

Cant go wrong with the RX can, the best on the market, especially their design.
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
Old 02-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #38
puzzzeler

Drives: 2012 2LS Inferno Orange
Chase do you have any iom in stock and if not how long and also any deals on shipping coming up thanks
puzzzeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #39
SC2150
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
I am still contemplating buying one. I am hard on the throttle some but don't run WOT that often. I have seen oil in inlet tube on my CAI between the TB and the box and think it is coming from the hose that is connected to the tube which looks like it is a part of the PCV system. What is done about this hose, it is plugged or capped? Since I am not at WOT that often is there a need for the breather cap? I'm asking about the breather as I am trying to curb my spending on accessories and don't want to buy something I don't need. It looks like the oil that I seen in the intake when I changed to the ported TB I am thinking seriously that I need a catch can and just trying to make up my mind which one. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dean.

Dean, take 5 minutes and remove the throttle body and reach in the snout with a paper towel and see it get soaked.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #40
HUSSEL

Drives: 5th Generation 2SS/RS
With so many different engine variations, I am not sure which catch can is needed for the 2010 Camaro SS LS3 M6. ??? Can you PM me price for Black, Black, and Black to 91739.
HUSSEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #41
Apex Motorsports

PMs sent.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #42
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:

Thanks,
Dean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Dean, take 5 minutes and remove the throttle body and reach in the snout with a paper towel and see it get soaked.
I know about the oil that is not the answer I was looking for. The oil is not only coming from the passenger side that is being dumped straight into the intake, it is coming from the tube on the drivers side that is hooked to the air tube on the old air box tube which is now connected to the tube on the CAI. From what I have read this is the clean air side of the PCV system (unless I am wrong on what I read). I know the oil that I found in the CAI tube between the TB and the CAI surely is not coming from the tube that is connected to the center of the intake manifold. There is no way the motor can possibly create back pressure and blow oil out through the TB and into the CAI tube.

The reason I am contemplating buying one is why waste the money and still have oil entering the CAI. If the oil isn't coming from the hose that is hooked to the tube on the CAI then where is the oil coming from that I found in the inlet tube on the CAI?

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #43
jordan 572

Drives: none
Whats the backorder currently on the cans?
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #44
SC2150
Account Suspended

Quote:
I know about the oil that is not the answer I was looking for. The oil is not only coming from the passenger side that is being dumped straight into the intake, it is coming from the tube on the drivers side that is hooked to the air tube on the old air box tube which is now connected to the tube on the CAI. From what I have read this is the clean air side of the PCV system (unless I am wrong on what I read). I know the oil that I found in the CAI tube between the TB and the CAI surely is not coming from the tube that is connected to the center of the intake manifold. There is no way the motor can possibly create back pressure and blow oil out through the TB and into the CAI tube.

The reason I am contemplating buying one is why waste the money and still have oil entering the CAI. If the oil isn't coming from the hose that is hooked to the tube on the CAI then where is the oil coming from that I found in the inlet tube on the CAI?

Dean.

Whats happening is the fixed PCV orfice in the rear of the passenger side valve cover is clogged with reisdue and buidup so the crankcase cannot breathe, or release pressure so it takes the path of least resistance which is back out the clean side bringing oil with it.

Take and unclip the 90* plastic fitting from the orfice and with a vice grips or plyers and twist and pull straight up. It will pop out. Then drill both the top hole and two tiny bottom holes out with a 7/64" drill. Clean and push back into place and then it will again evac properly:

Hard to picture how any engine can breathe through such a restriction, but this is to reduce the amount of oil ingestion while the engine has few miles on it avoiding warranty claims pushing it back to try and get it past the warranty period before real issues are noticed.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #45
puzzzeler

Drives: 2012 2LS Inferno Orange
chase if you sent me a pm i did not get one
puzzzeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #46
camaro-heater

Mine did not come with the "secondary valve capped" or any instructions. Which one do i need to cap while im waiting on my supercharger, and also any help on a link for instructions? Thank you
Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #47
SC2150
Account Suspended

Instructions are on the lower left corner of he homepage: www.RevXtreme.com

Both outer valves on the RX can exit form the same outlet chamber so either one can be capped.

Use a 5/16" vacuum cap.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #48
BADS&C

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 1LT BLACK
avaliable
in Crystal Red (GBE) i asked before but ben waiting till closer to spring
BADS&C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #49
Apex Motorsports

We should be able to get that for you.