Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest OR, ID, MT, WA, WY, AK

Old 05-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
bowtie98607

Drives: 12 SS2RS, 73 RS/TypeLT, 68 Vette
Make a wish foundation

If any of you are available Friday night. The Make a wish foundation has a request to gather as many cool cars as possible this Friday May 16th at 7:00pm at the Home depot on
330 Se 192nd Ave Vancouver, WA 98683

An amazing story of how God makes things happen.
Duane's niece works in a nutrition center in Vancouver. She over heard a woman talking about The Make A Wish Foundation frantically looking for a local Monster Truck. She says "My uncle Duane can find one if anyone can". She called him. With little hope of finding one, Duane says there is always hope. He didn't realize what he had said, I told him I would call Tammy. Tammy owns a Monster Truck named "Hope". Hope is the "Break the Chain" Monster truck that exhibits with the Kyron Hormone Foundation. Tammy was all too excited to come for his event. I sent her a link to the little boys web page. She called me back in tears because for the last two months, god has been pushing her to the story of Gideon in the bible. She has been driving her friends and family nuts with constantly referring to him. The sick little boys name is Gideon.
If that didn't give you goose bumps, I'm sorry for you. What are the chances of this happening with out help from somewhere. Some may call this coincidental, not me.
On Friday night, at 7:00 pm at the Home Depot on 192nd ave. and 1st street in Vancouver, Make a Wish is going to bring a lot of happiness to a sick little boy. His love of hot wheels makes me send out this invite from the Make A Wish Foundation for all of you who have a hot rod, to join us there. I know it's short notice but please, if there is anyway you can make it, this is what it's all about.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:41 AM   #2
Oregon1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
We were puttin headers on a G8 yesterday and totally missed this post!
Thumbs up man, great story and wish we all could have been there! Keep us posted out here , I'll make sure to watch more frequently , love to make kids happy. Got a couple hangin in the shop that I'm sure could put a smile on any kids face!
Dean
Oregon1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:23 AM   #3
Teamradrz1

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I think the turn out far exceeded anyone's expectations! Car, truck and motorcycle enthusiasts completely packed the entire parking lot of Home Depot for this event. I over heard them say they were hoping for 30-40 cars and I don't have the official count but I'm sure it was close to 300 or more. Great job everyone that attended!
Showstopper side markers, Phoenix Gold system, MBRP Catback exhaust, Factory Strut tower brace, CAI intake, Hydro graphics, carbon fiber door panel inserts, 20% tint, clear bra, Plasma DRL, AAC scanner bar & Grill LEDs, int-trunk-license plate swapped for LEDs.
Teamradrz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I was on my way home from Minnesota. Sounds like a very good turn out. Wish I could have been there.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
bowtie98607

Drives: 12 SS2RS, 73 RS/TypeLT, 68 Vette
Great turn out. They were expecting maybe 30-40 cars and had around 300! Gideon got his monster truck ride and made enough money to go to Disneyland!!!

Old 05-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #6
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Yep, he needed to see a movie star. Wished I could have been there.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote