Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #1718
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
WHAT?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #1719
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
WHAT?

Huh?

I had the guys at work listen to it last night....needless to say, the came out of the car with huge smiles on their faces saying something to the effect of "HOLY HELL!"

In other news, I had a BIG package left on my front door step today which was supposed to get here tomorrow. HA! UPS shipping get it here a day early! SWEET!

Check it out!

I ordered a CGM heritage grill from Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet. I found a few extras in the box as well including a Hot Wheels car signed by our very own Scott Settlemire! How COOL is that!!!

Hopefully we'll get this installed tomorrow. I'll post up pix as soon as we can.

And Chris, thanks for the DIY videos. I checked'em out and I'm sure they will come in handy.
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #1720
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Sweet.

No photoshops needed.

It was Becky that 'pushed me over the edge' effectively deciding on my orange grill. So glad I did.

Boy, you got a lot of work to do. lol
Old 01-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #1721
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

....don't tell me that....

It looks easy 'nuff...
Old 01-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #1722
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Check out the video... You'll have no problems.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #1723
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Sweet.

No photoshops needed.

It was Becky that 'pushed me over the edge' effectively deciding on my orange grill. So glad I did.

Boy, you got a lot of work to do. lol
This is TAG's thread, but I've always wanted to let you know that your grille and spears look fab on your car.

Tag, the grille is simple, just go slow with the tabs inside
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #1724
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

....don't tell me that....

It looks easy 'nuff...
It is. The bolt furthest toward the center of the car on each side holding the fascia on is a bitch to get to but once they break loose, they are easy to spin off.

I did mine all by myself but it is easier to have 4 hands when doing the grill. Not bad at all though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Check out the video... You'll have no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
This is TAG's thread, but I've always wanted to let you know that your grille and spears look fab on your car.

Tag, the grille is simple, just go slow with the tabs inside
Thank you.

Like TAG, I had photoshops done and really had a hard time deciding wether the stark contrast of orange would look bad. With Becky pushing me over the edge I took a guided leap of faith and got lucky. lol
Old 01-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #1725
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I did the heritage grill at a friend's shop (he had already done his, so that made it real easy!). It's not hard to do. It helps to have a person help you when you slide the facia off and then put it back on the car. It's not heavy, you just don't want to scratch the paint on the facia or the fenders.

Make sure you have a really soft blanket ready to set the facia on once you have it off the car.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #1726
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
Tag, first off.... amazing car! I love it. You are doing a great job with it.

second.... the grill is really easy just like everyone said. It took me about 30-45 mins in the parking lot next to my apt....
Old 01-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #1727
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
dude, this swap can't be anywhere near as bad as the steering components i had to change yesterday had to tear dang near every bit of it out just to get one piece loose :/
Old 01-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #1728
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I did the heritage grill at a friend's shop (he had already done his, so that made it real easy!). It's not hard to do. It helps to have a person help you when you slide the facia off and then put it back on the car. It's not heavy, you just don't want to scratch the paint on the facia or the fenders.

Make sure you have a really soft blanket ready to set the facia on once you have it off the car.
yep. Mike and his buddies came over last night. Mike put on a heritage on his SS, so we had someone with some experience. I watched Chris's videos when he got his from Becky and that was a huge help as well. SUPER easy install.

Without the videos or help, the directions would ahve been fine, but these guys here.....just that much more help made it that much better!

And I had some soft towels/bath mats I put it down on. Protected it perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterEcho View Post
Tag, first off.... amazing car! I love it. You are doing a great job with it.

second.... the grill is really easy just like everyone said. It took me about 30-45 mins in the parking lot next to my apt....
THANK YOU!

Yep! EASY install. I'd be more than willing to help anyone else around here get it done as well.

Oh, and that bowtie? Taking it off? EASY! You just need to pop the outer two tabs first by almost slightly bending the outsides of the grill together. That keeps the tabs from popping back in. While bending it, pop out one of the vertical tabs and the other one comes right out...(anyone contemplating getting one from Becky and doing it themselves as well. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
dude, this swap can't be anywhere near as bad as the steering components i had to change yesterday had to tear dang near every bit of it out just to get one piece loose :/
OUCH! no thanks, man....lol

Here's teh pix!

paint does not match (why does it have to be so hard for GM to match paint on the CGM???)

But, in all honesty, I'm glad it doesn't. Why? It draws your eye to the heritage grill. Now, if it were a fender that were the wrong shade next to a door panel, that would HAVE to be fixed. But this? I actually LIKE the way it looks! Weird, I know...haha. But yep! Check it out!

Now...to change the bowties or not....
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #1729
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
sweet!! i definitely love the blue bowtie!
as for the mismatch, it kinda looks like that new CGM replacement color that's out now - can't remember the name off the top of my head. it's probably also because there's a chemical in CGM (as well as Jetstream Blue from the vettes) that can't be made anymore because it was only made at this one plant in Japan that the tsunami took out. :( that's why GM dropped those colors
Old 01-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #1730
PQ
Booooosted.

Very nice. Looks good.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #1731
GTAHVIT
Blessed

IMVHO, that is the grille the car should have come with.

Nice Doug!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #1732
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
IMVHO, that is the grille the car should have come with.

Nice Doug!
That's what I said when the heritage grills began coming out. Matches better with the SS lower grill.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #1733
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
TAG:
That looks really good, but, IMHO, that paint they used is not CGM. It looks like the new gray they are using on the new Camaros (I think it's called "Ashen Gray").

My CGM heritage grill matches my car perfectly.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #1734
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
TAG:
That looks really good, but, IMHO, that paint they used is not CGM. It looks like the new gray they are using on the new Camaros (I think it's called "Ashen Gray").

My CGM heritage grill matches my car perfectly.
I think you're just seen the direct sunlight playin tricks with the angles.

I'd be surprised if they didn't spray it CGM as that is currently the only dark gray available on a camaro. And knowing Doug... He had that under a microscope looking for any thing that might not be right...

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper