Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #1443
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Easiest one I've ever pulled...

Take one of the greeting cards with the little music player that starts when you open the card... Carefully cut the player out, fold the player closed, find an appropriate target and slide it down in the drivers door between the trim rubber and the glass... It'll open inside the door and they will go nuts trying to figure out that oh so faint music in their head that keeps playinng ove and over and over and over and over and over.....

We had an assistant chief that went on the holy warpath after two or three months of listeneing to jingle bells or something other Christmas jingle......
That's hilarious!!!
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #1444
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,258
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That's hilarious!!!
It is one, and I'm telling you this for your own good, It's one that you must deny til the grave... You do not want to be the focal point of that warpath...


I was interrogated numerous times and barely managed to keep a straight face... I finally came clean the day after I resigned officially and finally...

If looks could kill...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #1445
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
... such a whore


Who me?

Nah....


Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
So let's see it.
ummm.....

I'd love to.

But the 18 wheeler carrying the trailer full of dirt that was in front of me on the road outside my neighborhood didn't like my nice, clean shiny car. Mother...aosianiouhasers..... They are doing road construction outside my neighborhood. Turning a 2 lane into a 6 lane. Yes, the area out here suddenly BOOMED and everyone wants to live here. So, traffic can be a nightmare at rush hour. Luckily, I never have to drive in it. But, they are constantly digging up crap, dumping rock on teh side of the road, bringing in 4 to 8 18 wheelers at any time loading up extremely dry dirt and rock, and are hauling it off. Nothing but dust everywhere... They run water trucks up and down the roads trying to keep the amount of dust down. But, with no rain here in months, it doesn't do crap. Wash your car and live in an area with no construction and you are fine. Wash it and live by me? dirty in a few minutes... I don't even know why I try...freaking ridiculous...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Easiest one I've ever pulled...

Take one of the greeting cards with the little music player that starts when you open the card... Carefully cut the player out, fold the player closed, find an appropriate target and slide it down in the drivers door between the trim rubber and the glass... It'll open inside the door and they will go nuts trying to figure out that oh so faint music in their head that keeps playinng ove and over and over and over and over and over.....

We had an assistant chief that went on the holy warpath after two or three months of listeneing to jingle bells or something other Christmas jingle......

LMAO!!!

Ok. just because you said it, NOW I am going to have to try that!!!

....maybe I shouldn't post that...just in case....haha
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:37 PM   #1446
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,712
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I'd love to.

But the 18 wheeler carrying the trailer full of dirt that was in front of me on the road outside my neighborhood didn't like my nice, clean shiny car. Mother...aosianiouhasers..... They are doing road construction outside my neighborhood. Turning a 2 lane into a 6 lane. Yes, the area out here suddenly BOOMED and everyone wants to live here. So, traffic can be a nightmare at rush hour. Luckily, I never have to drive in it. But, they are constantly digging up crap, dumping rock on teh side of the road, bringing in 4 to 8 18 wheelers at any time loading up extremely dry dirt and rock, and are hauling it off. Nothing but dust everywhere... They run water trucks up and down the roads trying to keep the amount of dust down. But, with no rain here in months, it doesn't do crap. Wash your car and live in an area with no construction and you are fine. Wash it and live by me? dirty in a few minutes... I don't even know why I try...freaking ridiculous...


Same thing with us but it's not really the dirt, but all the rocks and pebbles on the roads here. My front fascia looks like it's been sandblasted.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #1447
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,559
I got incredibly lucky...

When I hit that gatorade bottle out in the street a couple months ago, I ended up getting my entire front facia repainted....for $250 due to insurance stepping in. Otherwise, it was a $1,135.00 job. They ended up sanding through the stripes. Apparently, there was not enough clear and paint on them and right into the gray they went. So, I got my stripes redone as well. But, a brand new front end on a 24k mile Camaro. Hell yeah!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #1448
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
It's amazing in San Antonio they need to bring in rock. Dig a foot down......if you can!


I understand for building but, yeah, try to dig there.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #1449
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,258
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
It's amazing in San Antonio they need to bring in rock. Dig a foot down......if you can!


I understand for building but, yeah, try to dig there.
you can't find a shovel in home depot, just rock bars...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #1450
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
you can't find a shovel in home depot, just rock bars...
right....

we used to do fences and decks. Depending on where we were building, we'd want to run and hide... We had the auger for the nice areas with deep dirt. Then we had the air hammer for the rocky parts. Digging post holes STUNK. We'd quote a certain number of days and when finishing day two of deconstruction and post hole digging...after only thinking it was going to take a day AT MOST...and we still hadn't gotten half of it done??....oh man. I will never want to build in Churchill Estates again...lol
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #1451
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
right....

we used to do fences and decks. Depending on where we were building, we'd want to run and hide... We had the auger for the nice areas with deep dirt. Then we had the air hammer for the rocky parts. Digging post holes STUNK. We'd quote a certain number of days and when finishing day two of deconstruction and post hole digging...after only thinking it was going to take a day AT MOST...and we still hadn't gotten half of it done??....oh man. I will never want to build in Churchill Estates again...lol
I have family off of Stone Oak Pkwy.......I helped with his privacy fence. I never thought that would end!

There's a shopping or medical area being built behind his house now. That area has been in construction for at least 2 years. Almost looks abandoned.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #1452
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I have family off of Stone Oak Pkwy.......I helped with his privacy fence. I never thought that would end!

There's a shopping or medical area being built behind his house now. That area has been in construction for at least 2 years. Almost looks abandoned.
Shoot...that entire area has been under construction for years! Depending on when you last saw it, everything over there is built up....everything. I just wish they'd finish 281 and quit looking out for the oh so important salamanders natural habitat thingamajig. I mean seriously.... Someone lets these guys build a several square mile rock quarry literally a hundred feet from the road, but we can't expand the highway?? Dumb...

At least they have started on the connector ramps at 1604 to go on the inside of the loop. Will probably only take 5 years to get that done....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #1453
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Yeah! Frontage Rd. Never been in a state with those before. I thought, "Damn, this Frontage Rd must be another loop." Sad, I know.

They are handy though
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #1454
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,559
LMAO!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #1455
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,559
ADM CAI race scoop on it's way. Hope it helps with a little air flow.

THANKS ANDY!!!

Also, car is getting ready for a major stereo overhaul. Been doing a lot of pricing. Focal, Hertz, JL XD600x6, LC6i, Kenwood.... gonna be kinda nice.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #1456
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com
 
Dangeruss's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro LSX
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 4,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
...car is getting ready for a major stereo overhaul. Been doing a lot of pricing. Focal, Hertz, JL XD600x6, LC6i, Kenwood.... gonna be kinda nice.
__________________
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An interesting Camaro (and GM) story! I just bought my 2010 Camaro! Camarodriver Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 12 11-28-2010 03:52 PM
Over 230 Satisfied 2010 Camaro Customers! Paddock Chevrolet has 40 in stock NOW camarojoe Dealer Camaros for Sale 2 05-24-2010 05:58 PM
NFL smack and talk....Poll added, place your bet for the superbowl! The Dark Knight The Sports Lounge 1832 02-12-2010 10:31 PM
2010 GT500 Update (Not an AFD gag). garagelogic General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 9 04-02-2009 12:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.