Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #1854
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Tag,
Congrats on the new suspension. It's fun to read these descriptions when folks get new coilovers. I keep thinking, "yeah! that's exactly how I felt when I got mine!" Your brakes will last a lot longer.

So, let me get this straight... your new rear sway bars do not connect to the end link tab on the lower control arm like the stock ones did? They look longer and like they connect on the outside of the strut now.
Correct! That's the FE4/5 set up. This is truly (I believe) the first aftermarket FE4/5 sway bar. Randy risked the Black Suburbans snapping pics of this set up at F Body last year of the ZL1 set up with this bar.

I can only imagine that with a wider sway bar, understeer will be a thing of the past.

I don't know why the endlinks aren't shown in the pics from Chevy, but if you notice, the tabs are still on the LCA where the '10s and '11s are connected.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #1855
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Hey TAG, I think he LIKES it!

I like those new end links, no more heim link problems! Are those poly washers on either end of the links?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #1856
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Did you get new LCAs? I see a pic that says "old lower control arms."

I am hoping someone comes out with a new LCA that will fit smaller wheels. The Spohn ones do not work (they are worse than the stock LCAs for wheel fitment).
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #1857
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I knew the ride was going to be better. I mean, hey...putting on coilovers. SUWEEET. But WHO IN THE HELL SAID THEY COULD MAKE MY CAR TURN ON A FREAKING DIME?!?!

I have to learn it all over again.
THIS!!! Dude... Hell Yeah... I'm so stoked for you brother!!!!!

I'll bet you are so stoked to have it all done... Especially getting rid of the damn click! AND some new goddies

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:03 PM   #1858
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Tag,
Congrats on the new suspension. It's fun to read these descriptions when folks get new coilovers. I keep thinking, "yeah! that's exactly how I felt when I got mine!" Your brakes will last a lot longer.

So, let me get this straight... your new rear sway bars do not connect to the end link tab on the lower control arm like the stock ones did? They look longer and like they connect on the outside of the strut now.
Quote:
Did you get new LCAs? I see a pic that says "old lower control arms."

I am hoping someone comes out with a new LCA that will fit smaller wheels. The Spohn ones do not work (they are worse than the stock LCAs for wheel fitment).
The new FE4 suspension uses the same basic arm that was standard on the 2010 forward. The introduction of the FE4 suspension highlight is the revised location of the rear sway bar mounting point near the knuckle. The new geometry is far more efficient. In addition to the increase in bar efficiency, the FE4 suspension now uses solid bars 23mm front 24mm rear making a huge change in the balance of the car. It is a much improved setup.

The new arm with the outer hole for mounting the new style endlink also has the old style inboard sway bar mount. Smart move by GM. One arm will fit everything from a 2010 6 up through a 2012 ZL1.

We fit the new arms with Pedders lower inner rear control arm bushes to TAGS 2010 along with the new style arms. We had to use the new Pedders endlinks, because the new FE4/5 GM endlink is too long when the car is lowered.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #1859
Darth_Emma

Pete:
If you guys engineered a LCA that would allow for 16" (or even 15") wheels to clear them, I think you'd sell a lot of them to the drag racers (I'd buy them).

I've been doing a ton of reading on wheel fitment for drag race cars. This is a huge issue for that crowd.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #1860
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour

nice dugie
Old 01-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #1861
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We had to use the new Pedders endlinks, because the new FE4/5 GM endlink is too long when the car is lowered.
Good to know.

I'll be sporting this set-up right after my wheels. Little surprised it wasn't this way to begin with.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #1862
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Darnit...it wnt slow down for two seconds for me to get a break and respond to a couple posts....grrr
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #1863
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
so how much more inner tire wear are you expecting?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #1864
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Darnit...it wnt slow down for two seconds for me to get a break and respond to a couple posts....grrr

Give a few people warnings and get on the laptop. hahaha
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #1865
Darth_Emma

You mean he can't just post while driving? Everyone else does! (not me of course)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #1866
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
You mean he can't just post while driving? Everyone else does! (not me of course)
I remember once I was supposed to be home at a certain time from the office which is 30 minutes away and Bonnie was waiting. Before I left the office I typed a big long post in my phone and had it ready to post when I was almost home. About 5 minutes from home I hit 'Submit'. My phone rang just as I was tuning on my street and she started giving me the scolding thinking I was a the office.

I even played it up saying I'll be home. She said it's too late we might as well not go. Just as I pulled in the driveway.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #1867
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I remember once I was supposed to be home at a certain time from the office which is 30 minutes away and Bonnie was waiting. Before I left the office I typed a big long post in my phone and had it ready to post when I was almost home. About 5 minutes from home I hit 'Submit'. My phone rang just as I was tuning on my street and she started giving me the scolding thinking I was a the office.

I even played it up saying I'll be home. She said it's too late we might as well not go. Just as I pulled in the driveway.
well played friend
I would do that too
Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #1868
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:

You and your shenanigans.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #1869
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
well played friend
I would do that too

You would!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #1870
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Excellent read dude. Ya, I know the feeling.

And the part I just quoted is SO TRUE. You're gonna find yourself backing away from cars coming up on a turn so you can go faster through them.

And I get pissed when I get screwed out of a chance to hit a curve real good.

(slowly of course)

Really jazzed for you. No more click, some cosmetics, and now some kick ass performance mods.
Dude...randy, I can't believe the SS is where its at right now. Yes...VERY lucky...fe4/5, coilovers, lca's, .....

Now, this handles like a dream! Total race set up. U r right. No more clicking, heritage, susension, bowties....hehe...its been a great month!

...and its raining...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper