Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #1871
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Dude...randy, I can't believe the SS is where its at right now. Yes...VERY lucky...fe4/5, coilovers, lca's, .....

Now, this handles like a dream! Total race set up. U r right. No more clicking, heritage, susension, bowties....hehe...its been a great month!

...and its raining...
Chris said something to me I'll probably remember forever. And I've used already a bunch of times.

He said that they've always modified their cars in some way or another and when you do something new to your car it always feels like the car is a little new again.

So with that in mind, I think I better get me some new wheels. lol

Ok, maybe in a few months.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #1872
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Correct! That's the FE4/5 set up. This is truly (I believe) the first aftermarket FE4/5 sway bar. Randy risked the Black Suburbans snapping pics of this set up at F Body last year of the ZL1 set up with this bar.

I can only imagine that with a wider sway bar, understeer will be a thing of the past.

I don't know why the endlinks aren't shown in the pics from Chevy, but if you notice, the tabs are still on the LCA where the '10s and '11s are connected.
Yep. Tabs are still there. But, they drilled out a hole at either end making that bar WIDE.

I took it in aparking lot doing counter clockwise circles. Holy shit, man! The front HOOKED not even CLOSE to breaking traction and the back end stayed right with it. I mean....when the car turns, it TURNS.

I MUST get some video for you. In fact, i need a cell phone holder....i have an app i paid for on my phone that shows speed, lateral g's, all that good stuff. Im going to have to get this done so i can show u guys just what i mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
THIS!!! Dude... Hell Yeah... I'm so stoked for you brother!!!!!

I'll bet you are so stoked to have it all done... Especially getting rid of the damn click! AND some new goddies

Its a whole new car, man....a whole new car!

Talk about being excited all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post

nice dugie
Thx, brudda.

U ready for some autox??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
so how much more inner tire wear are you expecting?
Dont know man...u see in the pix how the tires sit? I could easily go and realign the toe and camber to get more ear from the tires, but if i can keep finding fronts for $50 from a particular individual, a year on these r fine by me! Who knows when they will wear out....depends on driving style....hehehehehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Give a few people warnings and get on the laptop. hahaha
Lmao...its raining..people are crashing everywhere! I finally took a break once it calmed down and we caught up. But, its rushhour and only a matter of time....already took three...ugh! People! Learn to drive!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #1873
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
It's very cool to hear folks when they get excited about anything! Makes me smile as well. Very Cool Doug! Glad you're lovin it!
Old 01-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #1874
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Nice!!
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Oh yeah.

THR2 has some new legs...

Can't wait to see the perma-grin from the new driving EXPERIENCE !!!
Ear to Ear...

BUT....I really want to know when you are going to get the SST. I sure hope for you, Bruce. You are more than patient...don't know how I'd be able to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Hey TAG, I think he LIKES it!

I like those new end links, no more heim link problems! Are those poly washers on either end of the links?
Oh, I like it...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Did you get new LCAs? I see a pic that says "old lower control arms."
Yep. Along with some Pedders inner LCA bushings.
Quote:
Good to know.

I'll be sporting this set-up right after my wheels. Little surprised it wasn't this way to begin with.
You gotta do it.

What wheels you have planned?

I need to get me something wider too....like 305 front/rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
You mean he can't just post while driving? Everyone else does! (not me of course)

You know...there was a time waaay back when when I was heading back to SA from PA. I can't believe I was out there posting and driving...
Quote:
I remember once I was supposed to be home at a certain time from the office which is 30 minutes away and Bonnie was waiting. Before I left the office I typed a big long post in my phone and had it ready to post when I was almost home. About 5 minutes from home I hit 'Submit'. My phone rang just as I was tuning on my street and she started giving me the scolding thinking I was a the office.

I even played it up saying I'll be home. She said it's too late we might as well not go. Just as I pulled in the driveway.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #1875
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Congrats on the new setup Doug! Now I have to go with the LCA and bushes to catch up. Damn you Mr. Jones...
Old 01-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #1876
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Congrats on the new setup Doug! Now I have to go with the LCA and bushes to catch up. Damn you Mr. Jones...

LCA's, bushings, FE4/5 sway and endlinks. And I....need a power adder.......Mr. Jones!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #1877
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

A few of Pete's pix.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #1878
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Looking at those pictures......daaaaaammmmmn.

And judging by the way you sound, it handles better than it looks like it does.

Mr. Wyndham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #1879
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
TAG,

Now that you have had a bit of seat time, it is time to uncork your beast. Dial the fronts down to 12 off full hard and turn your rears up to 3 off full hard. Loose is faster

Yeah, I know. I didn't send you out full loose Drive it this way for a week. If you don't scratch it I have another step up waiting for you
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #1880
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
TAG,

Now that you have had a bit of seat time, it is time to uncork your beast. Dial the fronts down to 12 off full hard and turn your rears up to 3 off full hard. Loose is faster

Yeah, I know. I didn't send you out full loose Drive it this way for a week. If you don't scratch it I have another step up waiting for you
Scratch it? Step up?

I've been playing with the settings...dialing down, up, front, rear...

Just for kicks, I dialed it down to 6 rear 7 front and quite honestly, it minimizes all the bumps in the road. Kind of reminds me of a stock ride (bumps and what not). Then, I took out one of the guys last night and dialed it back up to 26 front, 19 rear. "Yeah, it handles a wee bit better," was pretty much the response I got back. I can't even explain how cool it is to quickly change your ride with a few clicks and 15 seconds.

So, you want me on a 18 front, 27 rear? See what I think?
Old 01-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #1881
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Scratch it? Step up?

I've been playing with the settings...dialing down, up, front, rear...

Just for kicks, I dialed it down to 6 rear 7 front and quite honestly, it minimizes all the bumps in the road. Kind of reminds me of a stock ride (bumps and what not). Then, I took out one of the guys last night and dialed it back up to 26 front, 19 rear. "Yeah, it handles a wee bit better," was pretty much the response I got back. I can't even explain how cool it is to quickly change your ride with a few clicks and 15 seconds.

So, you want me on a 18 front, 27 rear? See what I think?
Bumps in the road??? Bumps??? You've got a race-bred alignment and you're worried about bumps in the road??
(just kidding )

With Pete's suggestion...I imagine you'll need to watch for happy-oversteer!

Old 01-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #1882
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Bumps in the road??? Bumps??? You've got a race-bred alignment and you're worried about bumps in the road??
(just kidding )

With Pete's suggestion...I imagine you'll need to watch for happy-oversteer!
80% of my drive to work is all construction. I'd be happy to drive it, record it, and show you just want I mean. It SUCKS! From the edge of my neighborhood...nothing but road construction for 3 miles. Then, 3/4 mile nothing. Then, another 1.5 miles more road construction (bad in this spot....like HUGE bumps with patched pavement while they do sewer construction, etc) and then another 2 miles clear. It's baaaad.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #1883
mlee
Charter Circle Member

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Hey if you have the technology... use it... Those babys looks sexy and wow was it slammed in those Pete Pics...
Old 01-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #1884
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
80% of my drive to work is all construction. I'd be happy to drive it, record it, and show you just want I mean. It SUCKS! From the edge of my neighborhood...nothing but road construction for 3 miles. Then, 3/4 mile nothing. Then, another 1.5 miles more road construction (bad in this spot....like HUGE bumps with patched pavement while they do sewer construction, etc) and then another 2 miles clear. It's baaaad.
Ouch! I still might consider trading my drive for yours, though. I'm probably putting several years worth of wear on my Cobalt's suspension in a matter of months driving through this city....there are several potholes so deep SUV's try to avoid them at all costs...and those are in the middle of roads so wrinkly you'd think I was driving across someone's crinkled forehead...

I gotcha. Like I said - I was only kidding...do Pete's adjustment on the weekend...and avoid the construction.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #1885
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Wish I could avoid it. It's either a 13 min drive through the construction or a 23 min drive the other way...through 1 mile of construction. Never ending...

but, the main road from the neighborhood is going from two lanes to 5. So, that'll be nice once they are finished.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #1886
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Grats Doug! Looks like you're building a road course monster hehe. Next mod needs to be RacingBrake 2-piece rotors. Not only do they look cool, but they actually run cool too; about 150 degrees cooler than solid rotors on the track. That plus losing about 6 lbs of weight per rotor compared to the stock ones makes the suspension work easier, better and the car feels lighter when accelerating. Now that you have your track monster you're going to need the braking improvements!

Too many people think 1/4 mile is the be-all end-all of performance but there's nothing like a road course with a car that's setup for it. Welcome to the addiction hehe.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #1887
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
true that! after Road Atlanta, a drag strip won't cut it anymore

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper