Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Limit on Stock USB size?

Anyone know if there is a size limit on the USB size for a stock radio? I just bought a new 32gb drive corsair it will start to play but wont fully index...
Old 07-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Is it filled up? The newest version of factory hardware will only index 10,000 songs.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Not even close to being filled up 1,401 songs, 6.65 gb's used fat32 filing system, all songs not filed (just on the drive)....Am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-31-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

ok, I figured it out....I had a couple of protected files that snuck there way onto my usb drive....one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch
Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
USB drives are a pain. It has to index every time you start the car if it's been turned off for a while. With a lot of music on it, it can take a long time to index. Ipod is much better. It does it's own indexing and retains settings unlike USB drives.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #6
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
USB drives are a pain. It has to index every time you start the car if it's been turned off for a while. With a lot of music on it, it can take a long time to index. Ipod is much better. It does it's own indexing and retains settings unlike USB drives.
You know there are hundreds of other kinds of portable music players, right? A vast majority of them are much better than ipods. Just sayin.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #7
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Excuse me, I was just using that as an example as it is what I use. Yes there are many that will work. Probably better if they don't convert to mp4 like Ipod or scatter the files like Ipod making it difficult to copy from Ipod.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
DeAdMiKe187

Drives: Black 2012 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds to index after starting the car. When you first put in the USB, it can take several minutes, but that's just the first time. I see you have the 2010. Have you taken yours in for the hardware/software upgrade? It fixes the indexing time.
DeAdMiKe187 is offline   Reply With Quote