Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #51
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Will that autographed/signed hood be part of the package???
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #52
xSSkier874
C5Fest IV CamaroX champ

Drives: 11 Corvette Z06/Z07
Send a message via AIM to xSSkier874
whens the hood go up for auction?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #53
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
How much is this running?
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #54
Stix1

Drives: 13' ZL1 CRT, 08' VW R32
That's it! I'm moving to Michigan! Awesome job Becky!
Stix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #55
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuice View Post
How much is this running?
Here's the list that was on the windshield.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #56
BrazenBeast
ZL1 #1745

Drives: 2006 Pontiac GTO \ 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Thats awesome, i love dealer-built cars. For a while when the 2010 Camaro came out there were tons of dealers saying they were gonna build their own versions and then...nothin. One day they all woke up with amnesia lol. Its awesome to finally see one done. Sign me up for a 1LE with a 427
This car looks great and is well put together. There are some other dealers that have done custom cars though. Tom Henry has been making them for a few years and backs theirs with a warranty to the best of my knowledge. Nickey has also been building dealer camaros. Keep up the good work though Pete and Becky.
2012 zl1 Black #1745 Black Wheels ECF Suede 6 spd

BrazenBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #57
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt VR/RS CGM Rally's
Met Becky for the first time and she was very nice and a wonderful happy person to be around! Hope to buy my next camaro from you! And hope too see you at the next fest!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #58
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Here's the list that was on the windshield.
if that is accurate.

I came up with $17,173 in mods.

Add that to about $38,000 for a 2SS, and you're at $55,173 and that doesn't include installation? It's very well done, but I don't like it THAT much!

Flaming will begin in 5...4...3...
Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #59
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
X1000000000 on what everyone has said about Becky and the folks at Rodgers Chevrolet, none better in my book.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #60
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Taylor Made SLDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalizer43 View Post
if that is accurate.

I came up with $17,173 in mods.

Add that to about $38,000 for a 2SS, and you're at $55,173 and that doesn't include installation? It's very well done, but I don't like it THAT much!

Flaming will begin in 5...4...3...
Agree!
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #61
Legendary Umbra

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE Summit White
If it was on the short side of 50k perhaps...but over...I would prefer to buy just the plain 1LE and add the mods I want myself. Great Job...but just too much money on that window sticker of upgrades...
Old 08-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #62
Tantalizer43

I'd rock a ZL1 before I'd spend mid 50's.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:18 AM   #63
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Guys and Gals you are making assumptions that you really don't know about yet, like labor may be included and there may be wiggle room on price, who knows. Wait until you have all the facts and then make a decision. Yes at first it does look very expensive but what does that include and is that post even have the right numbers?

Becky and Rodgers Chevy has treated everyone on this forum as First Class Customers. (How many got the two free micro-fiber towels?)Personally I am embarrassed at some of the comments but it is a free country and you can say what you want, personally I would wait until I had more info before making any comments.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #64
Shesabeast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie RS View Post
Guys and Gals you are making assumptions that you really don't know about yet, like labor may be included and there may be wiggle room on price, who knows. Wait until you have all the facts and then make a decision. Yes at first it does look very expensive but what does that include and is that post even have the right numbers?

Becky and Rodgers Chevy has treated everyone on this forum as First Class Customers. (How many got the two free micro-fiber towels?)Personally I am embarrassed at some of the comments but it is a free country and you can say what you want, personally I would wait until I had more info before making any comments.
The only assumptions that people are making is that the prices and options that Rodgers put on the windshild is correct. You did read the complete thread before YOU made assumptions. The photo clearly shows "what it includes" and the price, itemized. It does say "Installation Additional" Im sure Rodgers Chevy knows this car won't appeal to everyone, thats common since. No one is bashing them, or the car. It's just not their cup of tea. Thanks Rodgers and Becky for throwing the biggest pizza party EVER!!!:sign 0015:

Last edited by Shesabeast; 08-08-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Shesabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #65
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
Looks like a great package. I really admire the effort and execution. All top-of-the-line parts for this already impressive base car.

If the price isn't discounted, though, it's very hard to justify spending that kind of money on a car that doesn't have performance numbers to back up the customized package. At least with mass-produced OEM cars that cost over $40K, the auto mags do testing and the prospective buyers get to see how the car performs. This car probably performs great, but we don't know if it's as much go as it is show.

I mean, obviously, this car will be fast in a straight line. No question there. And with the suspension mods, it should be excellent in the handling dept. But, how much better than the stock 1LE? That's what I would like to know. Hopefully we can see some testing at some point.

Take the car to the drag strip and a road course with some really good drivers and show this car's full potential.
SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #66
HDRDTD

The list of options is like a menu, pick and choose which ones fit your taste and your budget, no need to opt for all of them.

It's all your choice.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #67
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
The wheels listed in this package for $4950 come with the 1LE package?
SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #68
Tantalizer43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesabeast View Post
The only assumptions that people are making is that the prices and options that Rodgers put on the windshild is correct. You did read the complete thread before YOU made assumptions. The photo clearly shows "what it includes" and the price, itemized. It does say "Installation Additional" Im sure Rodgers Chevy knows this car won't appeal to everyone, thats common since. No one is bashing them, or the car. It's just not their cup of tea. Thanks Rodgers and Becky for throwing the biggest pizza party EVER!!!:sign 0015:
Old 08-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #69
Ozzie RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shesabeast View Post
making is that the prices and options thaThe only assumptions that people are t Rodgers put on the windshild is correct. You did read the complete thread before YOU made assumptions. The photo clearly shows "what it includes" and the price, itemized. It does say "Installation Additional" Im sure Rodgers Chevy knows this car won't appeal to everyone, thats common since. No one is bashing them, or the car. It's just not their cup of tea. Thanks Rodgers and Becky for throwing the biggest pizza party EVER!!!:sign 0015:
First this was not intended for you personally. All I was saying is what you just said and that, " making is that the prices and options thaThe only assumptions that people are t Rodgers put on the windshild is correct."

Just make sure they are correct before you make assumptions, that is all I said. And yes by some comments I was embarrassed. Sometimes the opinion should be kept to yourself. Rodgers would find out soon enough if no one inquired or bought one don't you think? Just a difference of opinion is all. Not meant to personally attack anyone, sorry if you felt a personal attack and to all that felt that.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #70
Ozzie RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig View Post
Looks like a great package. I really admire the effort and execution. All top-of-the-line parts for this already impressive base car.

If the price isn't discounted, though, it's very hard to justify spending that kind of money on a car that doesn't have performance numbers to back up the customized package. At least with mass-produced OEM cars that cost over $40K, the auto mags do testing and the prospective buyers get to see how the car performs. This car probably performs great, but we don't know if it's as much go as it is show.

I mean, obviously, this car will be fast in a straight line. No question there. And with the suspension mods, it should be excellent in the handling dept. But, how much better than the stock 1LE? That's what I would like to know. Hopefully we can see some testing at some point.

Take the car to the drag strip and a road course with some really good drivers and show this car's full potential.
I agree with you 100%. Hopefully in time those numbers will come out. It is nice to see a Dealer do like the Dealers of the past. It is an outstanding idea to me.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #71
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 14 Cruze ECO M6, 84 MonteSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig View Post
The wheels listed in this package for $4950 come with the 1LE package?

IDK if you have looked but the tires that come on the 1LE are close 400 each and the wheels are about 800 each so yeah, that's why its so expensive.

Yes, it is always more expensive to buy after the fack then direct from the Factory. My plan is to get a 1LE, and add the CAI and maybe the headers (depending on warranty/price changes).

[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #72
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Just putting word out,if anyone is in the market for a Ashen Grey ZL1,let me know,i know a dealer that has it available as of today,(8/10/12) it is A/T with Carbon Fiber hood,selling at sticker:$59,635...oh almost forgot, it is a 2013
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #73
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
RPO on the Auto X

Well I was a very lucky guy to have the opportunity to drive this car on the AutoX. Thanks Joe for allowing me the privilege... I would have missed AutoX completely had it not been for this ride.

And boy what a ride. Just driving over to the course at noon on Sat was enough to tell that this was no ordinary SS. The complete ARH exhaust system had the perfect exhaust note. I've always been a fan of ARH headers, but had not experienced the axle back part yet. Super nice and will be my first choice next time around. I don't believe that short throw Hurst shifter was stock either... Another nice touch...

There are a lot of things I don't buy into until I experience it, and I never thought I would notice that much difference just driving a car slowly over to the track, but the Pedders suspension jumped out and grabbed me immediately. I really had forgotten about all the extras on this car and was in such a hurry to get ready for the track I wasn't paying much attention. It literally jumped out and screamed "wake up you have a killer suspension setup here". I moved the steering wheel back and forth to get a better feel and then got real excited about how this thing was going to do on the track.

...and it did not disappoint. This car is totally transformed from a regular SS. Each lap I took just got faster and I never felt out of control or even lost traction. Never hit any cones either. Quite sure my times would go much lower with practice (38's). This was my fist time ever on an AutoX course. I've been driving 5th Gens from the beginning and never have I experienced handling like this with no fear to push it even harder. The car was dyno tuned afterwards and I was going to drive it again, but rain canceled that. Bottom line is the car handled like nothing else I've driven fast. Hopefully soon I'll get to try the ZL1 and compare. WoW what a run ride...

I believe Pete Justice was the 1st person I indicated my thoughts of trading up to a ZL1. We were discussing the Super Car Coilovers on the phone and my decision was either go with a Justice Package or trade for the ZL1. All I can say is I'm sure glad I hadn't driven this car before making my choice. I probably wouldn't have a ZL1 if I had...

The RPO is by far the best dealer package out there. Great Job Rodgers... and thanks again for letting me drive it...
Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #74
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
that looks like the same car that we signed the hood at camaro5 fest.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #75
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
that looks like the same car that we signed the hood at camaro5 fest.
Yes it is THAT car...

It's a lot more than a cool hood...