Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vitesse Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
brucedd
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxx
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: xxx
Posts: 389
2012 ZL1 Dashboard Emblem

My original dashboard emblem was peeling at the edges a little bit so they ordered me a replacement.

I was surprised when they told me it was not just a sticker but the whole dash panel that they replaced.

When I got in the car I saw why, the new panel has the emblem integrated into the panel and is no longer a stick on emblem that will peel. It is SO much nicer.

If you are having the issue with the dash emblem and don't mind a replacement that is not "original" contact your dealer and have them make this swap for you under warranty.

They wont let you keep the old panel as they need to return it for the warranty claim (at least that is what I was told).

I will post pics later.
brucedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning
 
Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Posts: 440
Part number?
THR ZL1 #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
brucedd
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxx
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: xxx
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by THR ZL1 #1 View Post
Part number?
Attached is the pic of th einvoice with the part number they listed...

REMOVED DUE TO ASSHOLE COMMENTS - ASK GRIMACE FOR THE PART NUMBER

Last edited by brucedd; 08-19-2012 at 11:52 PM.
brucedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
brucedd
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxx
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: xxx
Posts: 389
here are a few pics of the new dash panel with ZL1 emblem:
Attached Images
   
brucedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
sspddmn
 
sspddmn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 / 1991 Z28
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SF Bay but originally from the 808
Posts: 576
I cant really make it out but is it a sticker now integrated into the panel or is it plaque integrated into the panel?
__________________
2002 Camaro SS (sold) / 1991 Camaro Z28 / 2013 ZL1 VIN# 149
sspddmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
CanadianZL1#992
ANGRY Z
 
CanadianZL1#992's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 Davenport Stage 5+
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucedd View Post
My original dashboard emblem was peeling at the edges a little bit so they ordered me a replacement.

I was surprised when they told me it was not just a sticker but the whole dash panel that they replaced.

When I got in the car I saw why, the new panel has the emblem integrated into the panel and is no longer a stick on emblem that will peel. It is SO much nicer.

If you are having the issue with the dash emblem and don't mind a replacement that is not "original" contact your dealer and have them make this swap for you under warranty.

They wont let you keep the old panel as they need to return it for the warranty claim (at least that is what I was told).

I will post pics later.
Just wondering what # your car is because my car came with the dash panel with the emblem like you have pictured, if you run your finger over the emblem you can't feel edges.
CanadianZL1#992 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
alex33x
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso, Tx
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
Just wondering what # your car is because my car came with the dash panel with the emblem like you have pictured, if you run your finger over the emblem you can't feel edges.
Mine is the same way, after reading about them peeling off on the forums I checked mine. But I can't feel the edges.
__________________
Devliered July 20, 2012
alex33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
ZEDL1
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black, 2015 2LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 393
Maybe a 13 dash change that was given to him instead of the 12? Those with MY13's may help us understand.
ZEDL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
Without reading the thread, they could have done without it. It's just a decal. There are enough reminders on the car already.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #10
brucedd
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxx
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: xxx
Posts: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianZL1#992 View Post
Just wondering what # your car is because my car came with the dash panel with the emblem like you have pictured, if you run your finger over the emblem you can't feel edges.
My car is a 2012 and # 683 (like in my sig line )

The new panel has the emblem integrated into it, it is not a sticker or a badge. It is smooth. I know the pictures are not great, sorry for that. But I like having the ZL1 there on the dash. If you like the logo and have the earlier peeling stickers, I suggest ordering this. Of course it is a matter of preference and possibly for some, maintaining all original parts.

To each their own, just thought I would make you aware, as I thought it was a quality improvement and I like it much better.

best-
Bruce
brucedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #11
SSeemego
 
Drives: Yellow ZL1 6M exposed CF
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucedd View Post
My car is a 2012 and # 683 (like in my sig line )

The new panel has the emblem integrated into it, it is not a sticker or a badge. It is smooth. I know the pictures are not great, sorry for that. But I like having the ZL1 there on the dash. If you like the logo and have the earlier peeling stickers, I suggest ordering this. Of course it is a matter of preference and possibly for some, maintaining all original parts.

To each their own, just thought I would make you aware, as I thought it was a quality improvement and I like it much better.

best-
Bruce
Bruce,
A free upgrade, cool. Now I have to get up enough courage to take my car to the dealer for the first warranty repair Thanks for the heads up Bruce.

Gary
SSeemego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
2012 ZL1#1658
 
2012 ZL1#1658's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1658
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pennsauken, NJ
Posts: 595
I'm glad that you posted that because I am having the same issue. Didn't contact the dealer yet because I thought they would just try to glue it back on. I'm going to call them tomorrow.
__________________
2012 ZL1 (BLACK on BLACK)
Roto-Fab CAI
RX Catch Can
3M Paint Protection

2011 1SS/RS (BLACK on BLACK) <SOLD>
2012 ZL1#1658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
brucedd
Account Suspended
 
Drives: xxx
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: xxx
Posts: 389
Glad I could help a few of you...any questions, you can always send me a private message.

Bruce
brucedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #14
PNYSLAR
Summit White 2012 ZL1 M6
 
PNYSLAR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BLACK 2SS/RS M6 Delvd 8/24/9
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Elkmont, Alabama
Posts: 430
I have to replace mine also due to the letters catching the rag while I cleaned it. The "1" and the L both broke and like it was said earlier they only come on the trim part $158.00
__________________
2012 Summit White ZL1 Manual 6sp Blk 10 spoke, "Thanks Champion Chevrolet" delivered 6/9/2012 #1588
PNYSLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.