Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

KP Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest Discussions > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #69
chriSStine

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
Question: Why not attempt to turn this into something bigger like Bloomington. It's great to see all of the cars and vendors from this site but WHAT IF it turned into a multiple forum festival? Heck, why not multi-generation camaro meeting. Can you imagine the action at the dragstrip and autocross track then? Hey, get the SPEED channel to help sponser it and film PINKS there on the final day. (stop me if I'm getting carried away).

You are getting carried away, unless you plan to actively participate in making it happen.
chriSStine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #70
DevilsReject97
Shadowboxin

Drives: Toxic SS - 2011 SGM M6 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcajeff View Post
Just a little input from a person that has been in event promotions for a long time. The vendor participation for this event was AWESOME bigger than most NHRA National events even the one held here and it's the biggest in the world. The only events that would have more are the events at Carlile PA. or the NMCA/NMRA Super Bowl event in Joliet IL every year. Trust me you guys were blessed with a great vendor midway.
Vendor turn out was better for Fest than last year's NMCA LSX Shoot Out, which was a great event too!

DevilsReject97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #71
MarylandSpeed

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Time to pick a spot and leave it.

Most of the problems will be negated if we do. We'll know where to go for info. We'll know in advance how it's set up.

We'll ALL be familiar with it.

We can all be on the same sheet of music.

Surely there is a good location.
I agree. I always thought it was hard on the staff starting from scratch every year.

MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #72
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Not to be a dick, but when people bail because it's not in their backyard, it screws up everything else. I could understand if someone said Fest was going to be in Washington every year, but sweet hell man.....

So says the guy with it in his backyard? Where you in AZ for the Fest? Distance is an issue for most....
Old 08-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #73
DevilsReject97
Shadowboxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
So says the guy with it in his backyard? Where you in AZ for the Fest? Distance is an issue for most....
No, I was not in AZ for Fest II, but that's only because I got my car literally before Fest II and didn't know about it until it was too late.

My point was exactly what you said, distance is an issue for most anyways. The fact that some people would show up in mass because it's in PHX and then complain because it's 1500 miles instead of 500 miles... it's like give me a break.

I've done 500+ mile trips for low rider shows, bike rallys, and various other shows. Half a dozen of our club drove from Indy to to Camaro Rally in Sturgis in June. The point of these things is to meet good friends and have a good time on a long road trip, not the drag racing or autoX..

Old 08-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #74
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
No, I was not in AZ for Fest II, but that's only because I got my car literally before Fest II and didn't know about it until it was too late.

My point was exactly what you said, distance is an issue for most anyways. The fact that some people would show up in mass because it's in PHX and then complain because it's 1500 miles instead of 500 miles... it's like give me a break.

I've done 500+ mile trips for low rider shows, bike rallys, and various other shows. Half a dozen of our club drove from Indy to to Camaro Rally in Sturgis in June. The point of these things is to meet good friends and have a good time on a long road trip, not the drag racing or autoX..
You're talking at some one who does the Hot Rod Power Tour for the last 3 years driving roughly 6,000 miles in 17 days each time...I'm only pointing out that by all the discussion on the fourm that there would be lots more people if they held it further north and east than out west, those predictions did not reflect reality based on the posts. I think anywhere they hold it will be about the same amount of people there...I'm voting for Texas next year, hopefully at a cooler time of year...
Old 08-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #75
DevilsReject97
Shadowboxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
You're talking at some one who does the Hot Rod Power Tour for the last 3 years driving roughly 6,000 miles in 17 days each time...I'm only pointing out that by all the discussion on the fourm that there would be lots more people if they held it further north and east than out west, those predictions did not reflect reality based on the posts. I think anywhere they hold it will be about the same amount of people there...I'm voting for Texas next year, hopefully at a cooler time of year...
That's cool man, nothing I said was meant personally or towards you directly. I just get so tired of hearing people complain about things like this. I agree that no matter where you hold it, you'll have people who won't show because of the distance or the location. I also do believe that the time of year played a big factor too.

Granted, an annual central location to the masses would be a better solution for all...

Old 08-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #76
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I was thinking pick two spots and rotate them..... One spot would be a lot easier though.
That would be a pretty good idea. I vote Las Vegas and Indy.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #77
H0peful1

Drives: --
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
That would be a pretty good idea. I vote Las Vegas and Indy.
Sounds good to me!

Definitely loved that it was in Indy! Hubby's from there and goes to the race every year for more than 30 years. Can't find a city more into cars and racing, IMO. And too cool that it coincided with the Hot Wheels exhibit & Hot Wheel Camaro at the children's museum this year.

Btw, we were first time attendees, and loved it. Great job to all!
H0peful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #78
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
What about The Motor City, the home of GM, Detroit?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #79
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
didn't have time to read thru the thread.......but consider this:

>This is an event that's three years old.

>This three-year-old event had over 1,000 Camaros -- I have, since 1997, been BEGGING to have an event with 1,000 Camaros........we finally made it. There are shows that are 10, 15, 20, 25 years old - and don't come close to 1,000 Camaros. (and these were, for the most part - 5th gens -- other shows include all generations)

>in terms of vendors - the only Camaro show that has more vendors than Camaro5Fest would be Carlisle -which is 'GM at Carlisle' - much more than just Camaros.......

>This event is run by a small group of moderators who do not get paid to do this - it's a 'not-for-profit' event -- unlike some of the larger shows that feature many brands........I take my hat off to them for a SUPERB job!

All in all from a person who's been doing this for 35 years?

this may be the ultimate camaro show --- the only one that I can say is in competition with this would be the "Camaro Homecoming" in conjunction with the Ontario Nationals last June -- it's hard to compete with a Plant tour!
Old 08-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #80
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I was thinking pick two spots and rotate them..... One spot would be a lot easier though.
I've been back and forth on this. I'd like to meet everyone on this site if I can. So whatever get's the people out over time I'm for.

BTW, I thought you'd be at this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcajeff View Post
Just a little input from a person that has been in event promotions for a long time. The vendor participation for this event was AWESOME bigger than most NHRA National events even the one held here and it's the biggest in the world. The only events that would have more are the events at Carlile PA. or the NMCA/NMRA Super Bowl event in Joliet IL every year. Trust me you guys were blessed with a great vendor midway.
I've heard this several times. I'd have to disagree though. NOPI always had a couple hundred vendors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
I heard from someone that was autographing my car that he heard there are talks of having it in Indy again and maybe from now on....

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Ya. I wouldn't take that to the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

>This three-year-old event had over 1,000 Camaros -- I have, since 1997, been BEGGING to have an event with 1,000 Camaros........we finally made it. There are shows that are 10, 15, 20, 25 years old - and don't come close to 1,000 Camaros. (and these were, for the most part - 5th gens -- other shows include all generations)

>in terms of vendors - the only Camaro show that has more vendors than Camaro5Fest would be Carlisle -which is 'GM at Carlisle' - much more than just Camaros.......

>This event is run by a small group of moderators who do not get paid to do this - it's a 'not-for-profit' event -- unlike some of the larger shows that feature many brands........I take my hat off to them for a SUPERB job!

this may be the ultimate camaro show --- the only one that I can say is in competition with this would be the "Camaro Homecoming" in conjunction with the Ontario Nationals last June -- it's hard to compete with a Plant tour!
This is huge to hear. I think it's even more important in this case for us to get the kinks ironed out.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #81
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
I've been back and forth on this. I'd like to meet everyone on this site if I can. So whatever get's the people out over time I'm for.

BTW, I thought you'd be at this one.

I've heard this several times. I'd have to disagree though. NOPI always had a couple hundred vendors.

Ya. I wouldn't take that to the bank.

This is huge to hear. I think it's even more important in this case for us to get the kinks ironed out.
We should stay in Indy for next year. This was the best fest yet and we can improve on it knowing the kinks from this Year.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Old 08-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #82
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

We give our free time to organizing the Fest (It is, consistently, an 8-10 month process to pull one together each time we change tracks) because we feel it's important to gather the enthusiasts and provide something tangible for our fantastic members. There is an unreal amount of passion and enthusiasm for the Camaro - we are able to channel that.

For the most part, response is positive. Yet we realize we can't please everyone, so we take feedback - both positive and negative - very seriously so we can improve the event. But when people from all corners of North America attend (Yes...we had folks from Mexico and Canada come to join us!!), I think it's a safe bet we're doing something right.

That all said:

You do us a great honor with your words.

Thank you very much, Scott.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #83
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Quote:
We should stay in Indy for next year. This was the best fest yet and we can improve on it knowing the kinks from this Year.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
How many have you been too?
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #84
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Definitely a well played tactical move to get us to the parking lot in back of the hotel. But fest I and II were pretty damn cool too. Seemed like Fest II was a little crazier.

While it was really nice once again I wonder if a bigger more spread out lot would be better?

Either way, I'll be wherever the Fest is. I may not drive, but I'll be there.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #85
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Definitely a well played tactical move to get us to the parking lot in back of the hotel.

While it was really nice once again I wonder if a bigger more spread out lot would be better?

Either way, I'll be wherever the Fest is. I may not drive, but I'll be there.
IF we stayed in Indy......IF we used the Wyndham again.....I IMAGINE....we'd reserve the entire building (or close to it), so we'd have their entire property to park on...

I'd THINK.....

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote