Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro5 Fest Discussions > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Brad&Dianne
TRNZ4MR

Drives: 2010 TRANSFORMER EDITION 2SS RS
Camarovan Car Accident - Thank You for the Support

Camarovan Car Accident – Thank You for the Support
We left home (Ontario) on Wednesday morning excited and full of enthusiasm as this was our first C5 Fest. We joined the Camarovan Thursday morning from Dayton to Indy which included several cars. We were one of the unfortunate ones involved in the accident who got rear ended while we were stopped. Our whole exhaust system was pushed forward causing extreme damage and unfixable. We were only 10-15 minutes from the hotel and drove it slowly there to meet up with our group.
Once at the hotel many people were stopping by with their concerns, not only for the car but for our well being, and offered whatever help they could give. We want to thank you all, a lot of them who we had never met before. Thank you so very much.
American Racing Headers/Exhaust – Nick, you and your crew were amazing installing our headers and exhaust system in the parking lot at the show under the heat of the sun with very little tools and no hoist, all the while trying to conduct business and watching your son race. We love it and we truly appreciate what you have done for us on such short notice.
East Coast Supercharging – Doug, thank you for providing tuning after new headers and exhaust system was installed.
ACS Composite – Kevin and Joseph, for designing our new front bumper. We are so excited to get it and know we are going to love it. You guys are so accommodating and helpful – you even offered to install your front bumper display model on our car for the weekend. How awesome is that!!??
T and T Performance – Tim, thank you for being so accommodating and willing to help in any way you could. Thanks for helping to install the new exhaust system while laying under the car in the hot sun on the hard and hot asphalt. This was so very much appreciated by us.
Jax Wax – Jim, we couldn’t believe you provided us with a rear diffuser and didn’t think twice about giving it to us. Thank you so much!
Our Dear Friends – You all know who you are and we can’t say enough good things about you people. Each and every one of you would help us out in a heart beat and we are so thankful for all your help, support, love and concern for us. You all are like family members to us and we are proud to call you friends. We truly mean it when we say THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS – WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Brad and Dianne
Brad&Dianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
HINEY1
TRANS4MR

Drives: Camaro's & Corvette's

The true meaning of the "CAMARO"

Old 08-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
That's why we are called.....INJACC...ITS NOT JUST A CAR CLUB
Old 08-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wow that's awesome you got that much help. LOVE owning a Camaro.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2007 Tahoe
glad to see everyone helping out! that is truly awesome!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
1badtie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
sounds like it worked out in your favor atleast..

MODS-

Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb

Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5 & C6
amazing help, indeed!
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
It was Great seeing you guys again this year and very sorry to see your car in the shape that it was in .
But some of us knew your were in for a Big surprise and I wish I could have seen your face when you found out your car was going to get a few New Parts !

This is such a Great bunch people . Proud to be in the Camaro Family !
Old 08-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #9
H0peful1

Drives: --
Great to see that vendors and C5 members jumped in, and so nice to see you brag them up for all they did. . Glad you guys and the car will be ok.
H0peful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #10
KingofBattle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
We were parked just a couple down from you first night at the hotel. We stopped and talked to you about the under hood painting, and you gave our daughter a car. I enjoyed talking to you and your friend and hope you made (or make) it home safely with no more incidents.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #11
mrbrans5

Drives: IOM Bahia Int. 2LT RS M6 SR BH

cuz that's just what true friends do.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
going to be hard to top that weekend!!

gramps
Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
synergy2ss

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Coupe
Glad you guys made it home safely, keep us updated on the rest of the repairs. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product.
synergy2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #14
DevilsReject97
Shadowboxin

Drives: 2011 1SS 6MT GHS
I saw the guys at American Racing working on your car and I about cried. Never feels good to see a beautiful car like this torn up.

Just great to see and hear her fire up when you finally got her back together at Fest. Bunch of great people, vendors, and an awesome bunch of Camaro lovers!!!

DevilsReject97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #15
John Deere Boy
I bleed green

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3
I was at the back of the caravan and had such a huge sinking feeling when i saw what happened. Then i saw Tranz4mr up on jacks at ARH and I had a tear come to my eye as well with the hopes that they would be able to fix it up. So sorry this had to have happened. This was my second caravan and both were dangerous.

2011 2SS/RS LS3. Delivered 4/18/11. Solo Axle-back with J-pipes and quads, 35% tint, Yellow trim kit, Showstopper sidemarkers, babied garage queen.
2006 Silverado 3500 6.0, 1993 Pontiac Bonneville SSE
John Deere Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #16
camarorick

Drives: .
We're just glad you guys didn't get hurt. The car will be like new soon.

To the groups who stepped up with product, and labour

I.N.J.A.C.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HINEY1 View Post

The true meaning of the "CAMARO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
That's why we are called.....INJACC...ITS NOT JUST A CAR CLUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrans5 View Post

cuz that's just what true friends do.

camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #17
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I had a very sick feeling as I drove by your car on the interstate. Really glad to hear how everyone came together to help you out. Shows how great the Camaro family Is in tough times.

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Doug Thorley Shorty Headers, JBA Hi Flow Cats, Borla S-Type Catback, o2 Sensor Extensions, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #18
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
I didn't arrive until Saturday but I came across the OP's car in the host hotel lot. I can't believe how good it looked, after hearing what happened. I'm really glad nobody was killed and everyone came together to help the OP out. Hope your Bumblebee is back to its glory soon.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #19
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Hey Brad & Dianne , we met at Camaro Nationals , You gave us the card from the guy that did your airbrush work, And were really great to talk about it, We are in the Upstate c5 club , When I saw the Plate on the car I knew it was your car , My heart sank , I am so greatful that no one was hurt and what can I say about Camaro friends , They Are Family And no one gets left behind , What a amazing crew & what they did for you at CFest...........hope to see you guys again soon...
Old 08-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
I didn't arrive until Saturday but I came across the OP's car in the host hotel lot. I can't believe how good it looked, after hearing what happened. I'm really glad nobody was killed and everyone came together to help the OP out. Hope your Bumblebee is back to its glory soon.
Same here,I was with Rachel's group that arrived Saturday,I'm glad you guys are alright

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'07 SILVERADO Z71 1500 Ext.Cab Z71 6.0 "VortecMAX"-GMPP CAI-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #21
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Great story, good ending. I chatted with you guys, I believe right after the exhaust was installed
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #22
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I was at the very back of that caravan and was heartbroken to see the cars that had been in the accident. I am so glad you are okay and that it is going to have a happy ending.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #23
tpower
aka NO POWER

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM #241
Made Lemonade out of Lemons (hahaha no offence to the yellow car) !!!! Car sounds great thanks to ARH and T&T and it will look very awesome in the near future thanks to ACS composite