Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
PsychoRS
Camaro Addict

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Question Best tuner for SS?

So I am trying to decide what route to go with mods on my newly acquired SS. I see several brands for tuners. I am debating between the DiabloSport Intune or SCT. What are the pros and cons between the two of them (besides a voided warranty )?

Obviously the free tunes from JRE for JRE purchased mods is a good deal with the SCT tuner.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post
So I am trying to decide what route to go with mods on my newly acquired SS. I see several brands for tuners. I am debating between the DiabloSport Intune or SCT. What are the pros and cons between the two of them (besides a voided warranty )?

Obviously the free tunes from JRE for JRE purchased mods is a good deal with the SCT tuner.
Not just a Good Deal but a Perfect Tuning Solution
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
Actually if a "voided warranty" is your main concern then the In Tune would be your best answer since they are undetectable to the dealer for being tuned.

We offer the In Tune with either the Diablo Sport tune, or we can provide you with a custom ECS program that you can down load using your In Tune device.

This also allows for easy updates down the line if you were to add additional mods later.

Hope that helps.

Here is a write up from our friends @ Diablo that might also answer some questions for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russodiablosport View Post
Hey all, I wanted to drop in and give everyone some information on an awesome product for your corvettes. Not only does the inTune have pre-loaded tunes, but can also be mail order tuned. Anybody who has tried one post up here and let us know what you think. If you have not tried one, but you're wondering why you would use ours instead of another brand, ask any questions you may have and I'll answer them as best as I can. Corvette Carlisle is coming up and East Coast Supercharging will be out there in force doing custom tunes for the inTune and Trinity devices. Make sure to stop by and see them at the event for more information on how it works, and to get yourself a custom tune!

Here's some information on the new inTune that I think will help you see what this product is about!

inTune for 05-13 Corvettes
inTune for 99-04 Corvettes

Features:
  • $389 Price
  • Color Touch Screen
  • 1 Unit supports 99-13 Corvettes (unlimited ability to change from one vehicle to another when reloading original tune, NOT limited to 5 swaps)
  • USB Connectivity (Older Predator required additional cable, inTune does not)
  • Drag and Drop tune interface (no additional software downloads to interface with PC)
  • Mac compatible
  • 2 Analog inputs for Data Logging Sensors
  • On Screen Data Viewing and PC Data Logging Software (DATA Viewer)

Supported Applications:
  • 99-13 Corvette C5/C6
  • 01-13 Z06

Available Tunes:
  • 93 Octane Performance Tune
  • 91 Octane Performance Tune
  • Modified Stock Tune
  • Custom Tunes Supported for all applications

I've seen a lot of misconception on DiabloSport products in different threads here and I wanted to dispell some of those to give people an idea what exactly DiabloSport products have to offer on Corvettes. Here's some things i see all the time that I thought I would shed some light on:

I heard DiabloSport doesn’t have tunes for my transmission on the inTune
False, we added TCM Tunes to the inTune months ago! The inTune comes pre-loaded with TCM settings for your Corvette for shift points and firmness.

DiabloSport doesn't let me get custom tunes from the shop I bought it from
Most of the dealers out there tuning other brands also have DiabloSport's CMR Tuning software which lets them make custom tunes for any bolt-on you could put on the car. Very similar to other brands. We can load over 5 custom tunes on to a device, and the same loyalty tune you're getting from your dealer can be put on an inTune. Companies like East Coast Superchargers and *******tune do a great job on making mail order tunes for the unit!!!

DiabloSports Tuners don't do what other brands do
Actually we do, and in a lot of cases we do more. For basic users, everything is pre-loaded with no need to custom tune. If you have a stock car and you want a great easy to install power adder, the inTune is awesome. If you've got a modified car and you need tunes for CAI/Headers/Exhaust etc... You can get custom tunes. Our programmers also offer a huge amount of adjustable parameters that will allow the educated user to make adjustments to their tune themselves. We actually offer more end user options than another brand you may know of.

You can't tune as well with DiabloSport's CMR as you can with another brand
Actually you can. Any tuner that knows what they are working on will tell you that the software they use to make the tunes is just a tool to get the job done- how good the tune you get is all depends on the tuner making the tune, not which brand they use to install the tune on your car.

Brand X Is just better
Any body who thinks this I would love to see your honest opinion as to why this is. DiabloSport has been tuning Corvettes since 2000 and we have a long history with this car, and a passion for it. I'd love to see your specific reason that another brand is better, and I'll address it, or if it's something we can work on at DiabloSport, we'll make some changes to get you what you need!

Thanks for reading, if there's anything that you would like to see DiabloSport do that your current programmers don't offer, post up here and we'll take a real close look at what you're asking for. We have a commitment to Corvette enthusiasts and want to make the best product we can that suits your needs.
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
BNRacing

Drives: 2010 Cobalt SS, 1972 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post

We offer Trifecta Perfromance tuning via email if you decide to check out that route.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
kstormoen

Drives: Camaro SS2 L99
+1 for Ted. He rocks and has outstanding customer service! Go JRE, you won't be disappointed.

Keith
kstormoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
SS King

Drives: a Panty Dropper
Ted @ JRE
Old 08-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
PsychoRS
Camaro Addict

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Thanks for the input everyone! I will decide what route to go when I get closer to being able to afford my mods.