Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
opinions on aftermarket touch radio?

I have a 2010 Camaro RS, and I am considering getting a touch radio for it. and I am wondering what yalls opinions of the aftermarket options are? Have any of yall installed one and regretted it, or loved it? Also, do you think that Mylink will every be available for installation in older model Camaros, like a 2010? Any advice or recommendations are appreciated!
Aubrey64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
I have a 2010 Camaro RS, and I am considering getting a touch radio for it. and I am wondering what yalls opinions of the aftermarket options are? Have any of yall installed one and regretted it, or loved it? Also, do you think that Mylink will every be available for installation in older model Camaros, like a 2010? Any advice or recommendations are appreciated!
I am on your same boat
Old 08-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Dacannon

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LTRS, E46 330XI
I installed an App radio 1 from pioneer last year on my 2010 the only
Problems ive ran into were the lack of channel inputs and the inability to use an android device but the app radio 2 offers that now with a slightly bigger screen and more inputs. I've had many tell me it looks great but it all depends if you prefer the metra or scoshe kit. I for one depend on my iPhone and iPod for all my media I definately don't care for CD's or DVD's but those are the only drawbacks I've encountered or foresee for some.
Dacannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Dacannon

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LTRS, E46 330XI
What you would pay to retro fit to the stock touch screen being offered I think there are far better aftermarket units out there if you could specify what exactly you are looking for such must have features , looks, screen size, price, etc
Dacannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
may i suggest you pick which products you are considering first and then do a search on the site to see if anyone of us have posted about them. When googling just put camaro5 + (whatever your looking for). i.e. camaro 5 Kenwood 9990.

Reason i suggest this is because you may get a ton of responses and still be lost. Its better if you trim down your list and prioritize the features that are important for you.

As for me.. I have the kenwood 9990HD with the scosche dash kit. love it. Kenwood got a new processor this year and its definately faster than the 9980 version. Reliable Nav and all the bells and whistles.

As far as MYLINK and if it will retrofit, we are all waiting to find out and are all checking up on this thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223847
Old 08-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
no regrets... I did JVC ..with scoshe...love it..should of done it sooner
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
I just ordered the pioneer av8400bh, it has app mode so I can use my iPhone for nav that will display on the screen and came pretty highly reccomended as an affordable good performing double din. Good luck in your search, but if you are interested, amazon has it for 504$
Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
I am looking for touch screen, I have already the metra kit. Also don't want to loose any of the standard features, as the USB, aux in for Ipod. I am looking for a plug and play solution, don't like to cut or splice cables on the car. I don't know if I'm asking for too much.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
2011*Camaro*SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
Me too any help?
Old 08-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/
http://mobile.jvc.com/index.jsp
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/ca...ts-head-units/
Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
I am looking for touch screen, I have already the metra kit. Also don't want to loose any of the standard features, as the USB, aux in for Ipod. I am looking for a plug and play solution, don't like to cut or splice cables on the car. I don't know if I'm asking for too much.
That's the same as me! I rely on my ipod/iphone for all of my music, and I love the standard features my car offers for my ipod, so I for sure do not want to lose those
Aubrey64 is offline   Reply With Quote