Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons For all LFX related parts

Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
Skizioli

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS IOM
MRT V2 installed

So today I just installed my MRT V2 that I ordered from juiced motor sports and let me just say: wow! So far all I have done is a CAI inc intake, and the MRT, and the difference is night and day. Next on the list is cutting out the resonators and 2.5" piping with the RX ported throttle body

Mods: -CAI cold air intake -MRT V2 exhaust
-Custom tune done by Torque South Tuning (EFiLive)
-Oracle Fog light kit for 2LS -HID headlights
-Heritage grille/Billet lower grille
-Phastek flat black ZL1 replica rims on Nitto invos (285/30) -Eibach pro kit lowering springs
-Stoptech Stainless Braided brake lines -Stoptech Slotted and Drilled rotors -Hawk HPS pads
-VMAX ported throttle body -Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (with Cat and Resonator delete) -Elite Catch can

Next: Quad tips/1LE Rear Diffuser
Skizioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
rodracer
2012 Camaro RS IOM

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro RS
Hey there , night and day ? In what way ? Drivability ? Sound? Overall satisfaction ? I was gonna do the CAI and mrtV2 exhaust on my 12 lt1rs...
Thanks
rodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizioli View Post
So today I just installed my MRT V2 that I ordered from juiced motor sports and let me just say: wow! So far all I have done is a CAI inc intake, and the MRT, and the difference is night and day. Next on the list is cutting out the resonators and 2.5" piping with the RX ported throttle body
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Welcome to the MRT army
Old 08-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
GVMV

Drives: Check Signature :P
I had it installed last weekend also. I love the sound so does the GF since it's techincally her car. But has anyone had the issue of the clamp not keeping the muffler from rotating? Mine passenger side one has rotated up and melted the lower valance a little bit :( . Know lower rear valance is easy to replace but made me sad. I don't have access to any way to weld it and getting it into a shop to do it here is about impossible without a long wait. I am thinking of just JB welding it on. S

2012 CRT 2LT
93 Z28 V8/A4 Black/Black
91 RS Vert V8/A4 Black with Pink Flames
89 Iroc-Z V8/A4 Copper/Grey
84 Z28 V8/A4 White/Blue
77 LT V8/M4 Aqua/White
71 V8/M6 Black/Black (someday if I ever get home to work on it)
GVMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
Skizioli

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodracer View Post
Hey there , night and day ? In what way ? Drivability ? Sound? Overall satisfaction ? I was gonna do the CAI and mrtV2 exhaust on my 12 lt1rs...
Thanks
The sound is so much nicer, drivability seems better but I'll know for sure on Friday when I go to the drag strip, and overall I'm am extremely satisfied, I find myself trying to keep it at 2k+ RPMs while cruising so I can hear her sing!

Mods: -CAI cold air intake -MRT V2 exhaust
-Custom tune done by Torque South Tuning (EFiLive)
-Oracle Fog light kit for 2LS -HID headlights
-Heritage grille/Billet lower grille
-Phastek flat black ZL1 replica rims on Nitto invos (285/30) -Eibach pro kit lowering springs
-Stoptech Stainless Braided brake lines -Stoptech Slotted and Drilled rotors -Hawk HPS pads
-VMAX ported throttle body -Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (with Cat and Resonator delete) -Elite Catch can

Next: Quad tips/1LE Rear Diffuser
Skizioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
trav76457

Drives: 2012 LS2 Orange with white stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVMV View Post
I had it installed last weekend also. I love the sound so does the GF since it's techincally her car. But has anyone had the issue of the clamp not keeping the muffler from rotating? Mine passenger side one has rotated up and melted the lower valance a little bit :( . Know lower rear valance is easy to replace but made me sad. I don't have access to any way to weld it and getting it into a shop to do it here is about impossible without a long wait. I am thinking of just JB welding it on. S
I have had the same issue, but on the driver side. This last time I used 1/2 impact like tire shops use, and so far, it has not moved. 4K+ miles and it is still in place.

You could also take it to a muffler shop and ask them to either weld them on or you can leave the clamps on and have a tack weld done. With a tack weld, you can easily grind the weld off, if you ever want to remove the mufflers.
trav76457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVMV View Post
I wrenched mine down with all my strength about a year ago and they have not measurably moved since then. I made sure those suckers weren't going anywhere.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2000 MCSS, 2013 1LS & 68 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to ChibiBlackSheep
When you wrench down an exhaust, you have to line-up and tighten as much as you can. Then go for a small drive just to warm up the pipes/clamps (nothing crazy) then tighten more, rinse and repeat until you can't get it any tighter.

2013 Camaro 1LS - Daily Driver
1968 Camaro SS - Show Car
2000 Monte Carlo SS - Procharged Project Car
ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote