Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #51
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
im curious too. whats up with this item? are you guys going to make it bigger to look more aggressive
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #52
ACS Composite

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Final design is the same as the shown concept. Making it "deeper" or more aggressive would have meant making cutting a hole larger than the 3 gills and would have required a negative surface, meaning a surface towards teh center of the car... we were not happy with the fell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
im curious too. whats up with this item? are you guys going to make it bigger to look more aggressive
ACS Composite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #53
ACS Composite

We are completing tooling and will begin filling orders in the next few weeks.

I have offered customers full refund plus, so no no losses to the committed customers. We did wait quite some time for the orders to get to 40, finally we decided to tool them up with less than 30 committed customers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro66 View Post
This should not take this long to make or ship. I think in the end this will not even hit the market and all the pre orders it states no refund you have to use it on something else that is sold at acs
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #54
zkdreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS Composite View Post
Final design is the same as the shown concept. Making it "deeper" or more aggressive would have meant making cutting a hole larger than the 3 gills and would have required a negative surface, meaning a surface towards teh center of the car... we were not happy with the fell.
I think me and a few other people wouldn't mind it being "deeper" look. Still would've been cheaper to actually do that vs pay somebody else to do the whole frame
Good work though and looks good
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #55
ACS Composite

Once we have the production parts, we'll play with the opening trim. If you trim the opening at a different angle, you can create a much larger opening... giving them a larger look.

Just imagine if the black inset in our prototype would be angled, it would seem double the size... Stay tuned, we are on the home stretch ! And thank you all for your patience and enthusiasm...

Quote:
I think me and a few other people wouldn't mind it being "deeper" look. Still would've been cheaper to actually do that vs pay somebody else to do the whole frame
Good work though and looks good
Old 03-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #56
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2011 2SSRS RJT
I'd like to see end product, the entire install- ie video or template marking, the cutting and how it actually installs, total price and I'll go from there.
I have the 3d Carbon vents up front and would welcome the dual look and affect to the cars appearance.
Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #57
chozn4service
Five-O

Quote:
I have the 3d carbon vents as well and would also like to see them both on the car
Yea, the 3d Carbon was a pretty simple install and they provide a template as well all it takes for the install. I think it would pretty nice but I'm still needing to see these in a finished product, installed with pics from front to back and back to front as well as dead on. Just like to have a clear, concise and clean example of the install process.
Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #58
chozn4service
Five-O

Quote:
i think it will look good. the rear scoops are small and will not stick out at all. the only thing for me is the 3d vents have mesh and thses have the black vinly that goes in them
Well again, I really haven't seen these in detail but if they have a fake opening, can they be cut and a screen like the 3d Carbon affixed into place. I don't know but I don't want it to appear to be a vent but it's closed off. Just sayin........
Old 03-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #59
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
I can't BELIVE all the stuff that is sold for the Camaro only 1 vendor has come up with this idea for rear scoops. I know that they make the stick on ones but I am taking about ones you cut in. I BELIVE that there is a someone on Camaro 5 that does the vents but wants 5000 dollars for it. I think his name is Gary. I think Gary is nuts to charge that much.
I can't say for sure $5,000 is correct, but Gary is pretty reasonably priced. Plus you obviously have no idea what it takes to manufacture these with sheet metal install them and paint. Time and material I would think $5k is about right.
He does not simply make a mold and punch these out left and right, it takes time to fabricate and it is perfectly blended with the body, does not look like a stick on scoop. I'm not hear to defend Gary or bash anyone, but to shed some light on how ridiculous your comment was.

I do like these ACS vents, I would find a way to blend them in with the body though, but thats just my personal preference.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 PM   #60
chozn4service
Five-O

Quote:
Anyone that spends that kind of money is nuts. And I really done care how you took my comment. It's how you feel and that's fine.
I thought I looked at Gary's Customs fenders and its top notch work on his fenders and I'm sure a lot of work goes into it. I personally didn't want to have to go through removing my fenders and then nothing to do with them once removed for new ones. I thought I saw some place but can't be for sure as I've slept since then, $1800 for his fenders and I think that's per. Throw in the prep, prime and paint and I'm sure it can add up plus I know I can't do the install nor would I even try.
This being said, we all have our own budgets to deal with and we all have our own taste in what we want so I don't knock anyone who goes one way or the other. I've seen so many mods on other sites and then throw in this site and guys do such great work with all the mods they choose to do no matter which direction they decide.
I hold Lupe from Overhauling in high regard and I've seen his car personally last year at Fest and it is truly impressive! It was he who initiated the 3d Carbon vents and I'm so glad that he did. I love mine and would like to see something for the gill area. If these from ACS are what they seem to be and again, I need some more pics and info on them, I'll probably pull the trigger on them. I'd really like to have more info sooner rather than later as I'm just about done with my mods with the exception of getting my Havoc diffuser on. I know once the weather breaks (suppose to be 50 degrees come Saturday though we're having a snow storm as I type this with 5-7" expected by morning) I won't be doing anything else until I put her away next November/December.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #61
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I thought I looked at Gary's Customs fenders and its top notch work on his fenders and I'm sure a lot of work goes into it. I personally didn't want to have to go through removing my fenders and then nothing to do with them once removed for new ones. I thought I saw some place but can't be for sure as I've slept since then, $1800 for his fenders and I think that's per. Throw in the prep, prime and paint and I'm sure it can add up plus I know I can't do the install nor would I even try.
This being said, we all have our own budgets to deal with and we all have our own taste in what we want so I don't knock anyone who goes one way or the other. I've seen so many mods on other sites and then throw in this site and guys do such great work with all the mods they choose to do no matter which direction they decide.
I hold Lupe from Overhauling in high regard and I've seen his car personally last year at Fest and it is truly impressive! It was he who initiated the 3d Carbon vents and I'm so glad that he did. I love mine and would like to see something for the gill area. If these from ACS are what they seem to be and again, I need some more pics and info on them, I'll probably pull the trigger on them. I'd really like to have more info sooner rather than later as I'm just about done with my mods with the exception of getting my Havoc diffuser on. I know once the weather breaks (suppose to be 50 degrees come Saturday though we're having a snow storm as I type this with 5-7" expected by morning) I won't be doing anything else until I put her away next November/December.
The fender vents are not expensive, it's the rear quarters we are talking about.

Quote:
i am sure gary does great work. i would never spend that kind of money for vents.
I would agree with you, I wouldn't spend that kind of money for them either. But some people want them bad enough to pay it. Some people think we are nuts for spending $40k on a car... It's all about what it's worth to you...
Some people even think these ACS vents are too expensive, others don't. It's all a matter of perspective.
I would do these, but I like the heritage look of the gill indentations, but I still really like these as well. Hence the reason I have been following the thread hoping to see people start posting pictures once they become available. Because I am always changing my mind on what I want to do to my car.
Sorry, no thread jacking intended...

Last edited by SummoneR; 03-06-2013 at 01:20 PM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #62
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS Composite View Post
Once we have the production parts, we'll play with the opening trim. If you trim the opening at a different angle, you can create a much larger opening... giving them a larger look.

Just imagine if the black inset in our prototype would be angled, it would seem double the size... Stay tuned, we are on the home stretch ! And thank you all for your patience and enthusiasm...
Can you elaborate more on this process? I dont really understand what you mean ...If you guys can do this, then im in! I also wish that these had a "deeper" look... patiently waiting
Status 22" Staggered painted wheels/Eibach 1" Pro Kit Lowering Springs/Heritage Grille/Razzi Ground Effects Kit/RK Sports 3 piece Spoiler/DT Shortie Headers/Injen CAI/MRT 1.0 /Resonator Delete/Oracle Dual Red-white halos/Knight Rider grill Light/Sparks RS emblem/LED Sidemarkers/Red interior lighting/Gm fuel door/Halo Foglights/Trifecta Tune/IGGEE Seat covers/ Sinister Hood,VMAX throttle body/VMAX Black Iceolator/Technostalgia LED Taillights/3dCarbon Fender Vents/AAC Concept mirrors/zl1 bumper/AAC Plasma's/Scosche kit

WL-BMR Strut Bar/Custom rear vents
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #63
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Quote:
I can't BELIVE all the stuff that is sold for the Camaro only 1 vendor has come up with this idea for rear scoops. I know that they make the stick on ones but I am taking about ones you cut in. I BELIVE that there is a someone on Camaro 5 that does the vents but wants 5000 dollars for it. I think his name is Gary. I think Gary is nuts to charge that much.

1- Gary does NOT charge that much. I didn't have mine done by him since I was living in Southern California at the time but I have discussed with him the work he does so I know.
2- I DID spend almost that much- southern California... enough said.

I love my vents and certainly do not regret spending the money because I'm happy with the outcome and take every chance I can to show them off.... (so I have included some gratuitous pics below)

now.... back to the actual thread topic...

ACS Composite is a class A quality manufacturer and vendor. I've got their T3 ports and trunk deck lid cover.
IF the ACS vents had been available when I had my work done I may have gone with ACS rather than the expense and risk of what I did do. Mine turned out great but what if they didn't.... pretty risky....

Virtually no risk, very low cost, and with great reward is the ACS product.

Here are my "$5,000 vents" :
Attached Images

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353

Last edited by GB EB; 03-06-2013 at 02:59 PM.
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #64
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Quote:
Same here I hope all goes well with these. I want to team this up with the 3d carbon vents. I love that these get cut in and are not big and all Attachment 482253
if your cars black like im thinking i doubt anyone will even notice them... I think they need to look "deeper" but thats just my opinion i mean if your gonna cut a hole in your car might as well be noticeable like the 3d carbon ones which i have and people love...
Status 22" Staggered painted wheels/Eibach 1" Pro Kit Lowering Springs/Heritage Grille/Razzi Ground Effects Kit/RK Sports 3 piece Spoiler/DT Shortie Headers/Injen CAI/MRT 1.0 /Resonator Delete/Oracle Dual Red-white halos/Knight Rider grill Light/Sparks RS emblem/LED Sidemarkers/Red interior lighting/Gm fuel door/Halo Foglights/Trifecta Tune/IGGEE Seat covers/ Sinister Hood,VMAX throttle body/VMAX Black Iceolator/Technostalgia LED Taillights/3dCarbon Fender Vents/AAC Concept mirrors/zl1 bumper/AAC Plasma's/Scosche kit

Old 03-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #65
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Quote:
thanks for your input. you might be right
Trust me its scary cutting a piece of your car out lol, and having black, people hardly even notice exterior mods in the first place, im hoping i can get a deeper look so i can add some red mesh behind these to make them pop...

Old 03-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #66
zkdreads

Quote:
thanks for your input. you might be right
i agree
Old 03-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #67
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Quote:
i agree
hopefully they can get these deeper like they said they were gonna play with them... i think these would sell like hot cakes if they were at least twice the size of the current opening...everyone ive showed these has told me "your really gonna spend that much and cut a hole in your fender for that! -__-

Old 03-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #68
chozn4service
Five-O

I like them and really need something for the gill area but these are a little salty for my liking and taste.
Time I factor in the cost of item @ $259band $30 sipping, prep-prime-paint these are more expensive than I really want to spend ($389) and then factor in install if I don't atempt it myself as I did the 3d Carbon vents.
Good luck for those who do jump in on this.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #69
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

any updates on making these deeper or anything... gearing up for my next mod...

Old 03-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #70
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Ports

Are these available...?
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #71
ACS Composite

I can assure the production version is exactly as on the first post of this thread.

We are tooled up... unless demand was high... and from this thread it does not appear. We committed to tool it up once 40 were pre-ordered. We only reached 22.

We still decided to complete the tooling to deliver the 22, and gauge if demand goes up once these get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
any updates on making these deeper or anything... gearing up for my next mod...
Old 03-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #72
jhiiidoc

So how can I get my hands on a set...?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #73
ACS Composite

You'll have to enroll and get in line, there is a list of 22 very patient customer who have already signed up. Deposit is refundable if you change your mind.

http://www.acscomposite.com/store/#!...67&id=14152688

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
So how can I get my hands on a set...?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #74
jhiiidoc

Done....so now I have to wait for 17 more people?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #75
ACS Composite

No, you wont need to wait for another 17 to get sold. We began tooling, actually tooling is complete and working on fixtures and other details before releasing the installation kit.

Original post stated a delivery 6 weeks after reaching 40. Obviously we'll ship before this.

I don't have the ETA yet, but will be posting some updated pictures of the kit early next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
Done....so now I have to wait for 17 more people?