Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #76
ACS Composite

Drives: 2010 Camaro
We are moving along, our molds are complete, this means we have begun Manufacturing Panels, this NOT mean we are quite ready to ship.

I will need to validate the installation kit and ensure it works like it was intended.... Any volunteers ;-)

Here is a glimpse of the first set of parts.

Thanks again for your patience, this is definitively a enthusiast driven product
Attached Images

ACS Composite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #77
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2011 2SSRS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS Composite View Post
We are moving along, our molds are complete, this means we have begun Manufacturing Panels, this NOT mean we are quite ready to ship.

I will need to validate the installation kit and ensure it works like it was intended.... Any volunteers ;-)

Thanks again for your patience, this is definitively a enthusiast driven product
Is that each part and the two molds? What is the material and how is it secured to the body? Also I got info that the blackout should be opened up. Why not sell it open if that's suggested per the PM I got?
Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #78
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:

not bad for a price. but let me know when you guys make them deeper. i think even for $100 the deeper ones would sell like hotcakes. Good lookin product though!
zkdreads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #79
TCAT
SoCal HT5: [COTW 8/15/11]

Drives: 2011 SS SW LS3 T76 Turbocharged
This looks to be a great product. I wish you the best of luck, as I am a huge fan of your companies craftsmanship/quality. However, I will likely be going custom with the rear vents because I need and want a much deeper look, as well as a unique look that hasn't been done before. If you do happen to change the look, and make much deeper vents, please let me know, and I may purchase them.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #80
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:

Any volunteers ;-)

Are you talking to me...

Ray says you better have a good deal for me
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #81
ACS Composite

These are not molds, our molds are made in Aluminum or Epoxy ;-)

The black panels are the exterior panels made in RTM Composite and Primed with Black primer. The Beige colored panels are the inner panel mounting rings, also made in RTM composite.

The are made to "sandwich" the OEM rocker panel. Kit will come with the panels shown plus adhesive and a few other parts components for the install.

They are not sold "cut" a black out insert will be included. They can be cut open, but this is done at your discretion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Is that each part and the two molds? What is the material and how is it secured to the body? Also I got info that the blackout should be opened up. Why not sell it open if that's suggested per the PM I got?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #82
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
One word. Deeper like we all said.
Status 22" Staggered painted wheels/Eibach 1" Pro Kit Lowering Springs/Heritage Grille/Razzi Ground Effects Kit/RK Sports 3 piece Spoiler/DT Shortie Headers/Injen CAI/MRT 1.0 /Resonator Delete/Oracle Dual Red-white halos/Knight Rider grill Light/Sparks RS emblem/LED Sidemarkers/Red interior lighting/Gm fuel door/Halo Foglights/Trifecta Tune/IGGEE Seat covers/ Sinister Hood,VMAX throttle body/VMAX Black Iceolator/Technostalgia LED Taillights/3dCarbon Fender Vents/AAC Concept mirrors/zl1 bumper/AAC Plasma's/Scosche kit

WL-BMR Strut Bar/Custom rear vents
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #83
alssiri

Drives: 2012 ZL1 A6
Getting closer

Ahmad
Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #84
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2011 2SSRS RJT
Quote:
These are not molds, our molds are made in Aluminum or Epoxy ;-)

The black panels are the exterior panels made in RTM Composite and Primed with Black primer. The Beige colored panels are the inner panel mounting rings, also made in RTM composite.

The are made to "sandwich" the OEM rocker panel. Kit will come with the panels shown plus adhesive and a few other parts components for the install
This would imply that beige colored panels would need to be affixed inside the fender after it is cut out. Would this require pulling the rear wheels or getting in front of the rear wheel liner to have access to that area to ensure that inner part is adhered to the sheet metal and once done, the outer part can then be affixed to the outside skin?

I'm visual person and really need to see, read and hear how these install. I know there was a great tutorial with the 3d vents done by a Forum member, Lupe and by the time I saw his video and read the info I was mentally prepared to take on the install without hesitation.

Just trying to get all the details.......
Flowmaster Catback Exhaust, Vararam intake, Solo HFC, VMax Ported TB, VMax "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Trifecta Tune, Mike Norris Catch Can, DRL Harness, Heritage grill, Razzi GFX, NLP Spoiler, MPD1 Spoiler and more!
chozn4service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #85
ACS Composite

The install is done by the outside and the passenger compartment.

You will need to remove the rear seats, these are easily removed. And remove the trim panel located under the side rear quarter window.

This will give you full access to the work area. This may sound weird, but it works really well; You will be trimming the quarter's from the outside following the outside feature of the three gills. Install both outside quarter ports, the inside of the outer panel as a bonded on "L" composite bracket, both passeger and driver side ports are tied to each other. This is actually how the "clamping" is done. Has the outers are held to each other the inner mounting ring is glue on by the inside to seal the area and create a sandwich effect.

Not to worry, once we have the instruction manual complete I will post online.

I find the rear quarter port install easier than our bumper port install, if you have done the front, the rear will be a breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
This would imply that beige colored panels would need to be affixed inside the fender after it is cut out. Would this require pulling the rear wheels or getting in front of the rear wheel liner to have access to that area to ensure that inner part is adhered to the sheet metal and once done, the outer part can then be affixed to the outside skin?

I'm visual person and really need to see, read and hear how these install. I know there was a great tutorial with the 3d vents done by a Forum member, Lupe and by the time I saw his video and read the info I was mentally prepared to take on the install without hesitation.

Just trying to get all the details.......
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #86
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I like them.

My question is there enough room to make a functional Brake vent? I will almost never track my car but I'm not one to make a mod that looks like something but doesn't function. I guess I should say no faux mods for me. lol

In your opinion is there a possibility to do this? Even better is there a possibility of you making something to facilitate doing this? Obviously at extra cost. Maybe just some kind of adapter and brackets to do this.

I do think they are the right size though. I'm not one to be too gaudy. I surely wouldn't want to throw LED's in there either.

Apparently my car is going to end up being an ACS edition. I like the style you guys have. I plan to run the T3 Ports and the GTZ Hood, with the Mail Slot conversion... now I want these.

Last edited by Firefighter; 03-22-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #87
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 96 S-10 LS
Will it fit a convertible?

Will it fit a convertible since our rear windows go down and our water management system?

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #88
ACS Composite

Yes, there would be enough room to make them routed to the brakes, we designed these vents in cad and validated the idea. Originally this was the intent...

Unfortunetely i could not justify the tooling investment for all those parts, but lets just say if I had done this at home... i would use these vent inserts and adapt a racing brake cooling hose kit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I like them.

My question is there enough room to make a functional Brake vent? I will almost never track my car but I'm not one to make a mod that looks like something but doesn't function. I guess I should say no faux mods for me. lol

In your opinion is there a possibility to do this? Even better is there a possibility of you making something to facilitate doing this? Obviously at extra cost. Maybe just some kind of adapter and brackets to do this.

I do think they are the right size though. I'm not one to be too gaudy. I surely wouldn't want to throw LED's in there either.

Apparently my car is going to end up being an ACS edition. I like the style you guys have. I plan to run the T3 Ports and the GTZ Hood, with the Mail Slot conversion... now I want these.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #89
ACS Composite

You always ask the Good questions... yes they fit and another reason we did not want to just leave them open. Cooling brake idea, would be very hard on a convertible..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Will it fit a convertible since our rear windows go down and our water management system?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #90
Firefighter

Quote:
Yes, there would be enough room to make them routed to the brakes, we designed these vents in cad and validated the idea. Originally this was the intent...

Unfortunetely i could not justify the tooling investment for all those parts, but lets just say if I had done this at home... i would use these vent inserts and adapt a racing brake cooling hose kit...
I'll have to get on the phone with you soon then. I'd like to get some ideas on doing the brake cooling or maybe some other ideas on what could be done with these. Thanks for the quick reply.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 03-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #91
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
Idk how much air your gonna get to your breaks with that tiny little opening! hoping acs finds a way any way to make these deeper I want this mod so bad :/
Status 22" Staggered painted wheels/Eibach 1" Pro Kit Lowering Springs/Heritage Grille/Razzi Ground Effects Kit/RK Sports 3 piece Spoiler/DT Shortie Headers/Injen CAI/MRT 1.0 /Resonator Delete/Oracle Dual Red-white halos/Knight Rider grill Light/Sparks RS emblem/LED Sidemarkers/Red interior lighting/Gm fuel door/Halo Foglights/Trifecta Tune/IGGEE Seat covers/ Sinister Hood,VMAX throttle body/VMAX Black Iceolator/Technostalgia LED Taillights/3dCarbon Fender Vents/AAC Concept mirrors/zl1 bumper/AAC Plasma's/Scosche kit

WL-BMR Strut Bar/Custom rear vents
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #92
ACS Composite

Not sure if this will be clear, currently the place where the black insert is installed is perpendicular to the mirror plane of the car, by using the same same scoop, and cut this plane at a 45 degree plane, you will indeed double the opening area.

Here is a picture of the untrimmed and double area trim set up. This would make the scoop look much larger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
Idk how much air your gonna get to your breaks with that tiny little opening! hoping acs finds a way any way to make these deeper I want this mod so bad :/
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #93
TMAJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Does this come with both the left and the right?
TMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #94
ACS Composite

Of course, actually there are a series of parts.

Outer Driver with mounting bracket
Outer Passenger driver with mounting bracket
Inner Driver Mounting Ring
Inner Passenger Mounting Ring
Adhesive

And some other hardware you may need... we are still completing the kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAJ View Post
Does this come with both the left and the right?
Old 03-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #95
Firefighter

Is it wrong that I want it to be subdued? I must be getting old...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #96
TMAJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Does it already come open with the honeycomb mesh?
TMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #97
ACS Composite

No, the kit come with the scoops, untrimmed, you can easily open them, but this is at your own discretion.

This was done how the scoops can be also trimmed to a more agressive opening.

The only way to make larger scoops is to create the new lines, we played with various design, and yes, larger scoops or deeper can be made, but personally found over agressive. The plane also entailed to have it "negative" meaning inclining towards the center of the car.... I have not run an aerodynamic test on the design, but it principle it would not be efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAJ View Post
Does it already come open with the honeycomb mesh?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #98
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Quote:
Not sure if this will be clear, currently the place where the black insert is installed is perpendicular to the mirror plane of the car, by using the same same scoop, and cut this plane at a 45 degree plane, you will indeed double the opening area.

Here is a picture of the untrimmed and double area trim set up. This would make the scoop look much larger.
How much more would the cost go up to have a set shipped cut open like this?
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #99
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:

So in your opinion a body.shop should.be able to take your side vents and make them deeper/larger opening area?
zkdreads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #100
ACS Composite

Same price, just need a custom order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
How much more would the cost go up to have a set shipped cut open like this?