Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDPC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #71
ACS Composite

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I can assure the production version is exactly as on the first post of this thread.

We are tooled up... unless demand was high... and from this thread it does not appear. We committed to tool it up once 40 were pre-ordered. We only reached 22.

We still decided to complete the tooling to deliver the 22, and gauge if demand goes up once these get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac1granger33 View Post
any updates on making these deeper or anything... gearing up for my next mod...
ACS Composite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #72
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
So how can I get my hands on a set...?
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #73
ACS Composite

You'll have to enroll and get in line, there is a list of 22 very patient customer who have already signed up. Deposit is refundable if you change your mind.

http://www.acscomposite.com/store/#!...67&id=14152688

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
So how can I get my hands on a set...?
Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #74
jhiiidoc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SLP Supercharged
Done....so now I have to wait for 17 more people?
jhiiidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #75
ACS Composite

No, you wont need to wait for another 17 to get sold. We began tooling, actually tooling is complete and working on fixtures and other details before releasing the installation kit.

Original post stated a delivery 6 weeks after reaching 40. Obviously we'll ship before this.

I don't have the ETA yet, but will be posting some updated pictures of the kit early next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiiidoc View Post
Done....so now I have to wait for 17 more people?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #76
ACS Composite

We are moving along, our molds are complete, this means we have begun Manufacturing Panels, this NOT mean we are quite ready to ship.

I will need to validate the installation kit and ensure it works like it was intended.... Any volunteers ;-)

Here is a glimpse of the first set of parts.

Thanks again for your patience, this is definitively a enthusiast driven product
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #77
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2011 2SSRS A6 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACS Composite View Post
We are moving along, our molds are complete, this means we have begun Manufacturing Panels, this NOT mean we are quite ready to ship.

I will need to validate the installation kit and ensure it works like it was intended.... Any volunteers ;-)

Thanks again for your patience, this is definitively a enthusiast driven product
Is that each part and the two molds? What is the material and how is it secured to the body? Also I got info that the blackout should be opened up. Why not sell it open if that's suggested per the PM I got?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #78
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:

not bad for a price. but let me know when you guys make them deeper. i think even for $100 the deeper ones would sell like hotcakes. Good lookin product though!
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #79
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
This looks to be a great product. I wish you the best of luck, as I am a huge fan of your companies craftsmanship/quality. However, I will likely be going custom with the rear vents because I need and want a much deeper look, as well as a unique look that hasn't been done before. If you do happen to change the look, and make much deeper vents, please let me know, and I may purchase them.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #80
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:

Any volunteers ;-)

Are you talking to me...

Ray says you better have a good deal for me
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #81
ACS Composite

These are not molds, our molds are made in Aluminum or Epoxy ;-)

The black panels are the exterior panels made in RTM Composite and Primed with Black primer. The Beige colored panels are the inner panel mounting rings, also made in RTM composite.

The are made to "sandwich" the OEM rocker panel. Kit will come with the panels shown plus adhesive and a few other parts components for the install.

They are not sold "cut" a black out insert will be included. They can be cut open, but this is done at your discretion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
Is that each part and the two molds? What is the material and how is it secured to the body? Also I got info that the blackout should be opened up. Why not sell it open if that's suggested per the PM I got?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #82
tmac1granger33
NM HT5

Drives: COTW 3/5/12
One word. Deeper like we all said.
Status 22" Staggered painted wheels/Eibach 1" Pro Kit Lowering Springs/Heritage Grille/Razzi Ground Effects Kit/RK Sports 3 piece Spoiler/DT Shortie Headers/Injen CAI/MRT 1.0 /Resonator Delete/Oracle Dual Red-white halos/Knight Rider grill Light/Sparks RS emblem/LED Sidemarkers/Red interior lighting/Gm fuel door/Halo Foglights/Trifecta Tune/IGGEE Seat covers/ Sinister Hood,VMAX throttle body/VMAX Black Iceolator/Technostalgia LED Taillights/3dCarbon Fender Vents/AAC Concept mirrors/zl1 bumper/AAC Plasma's/Scosche kit

WL-BMR Strut Bar/Custom rear vents
tmac1granger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #83
alssiri

Drives: 2012 ZL1 A6
Getting closer

Ahmad
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X Pipe Muffler, SW Retro Chambered + BlackHeart AxelBack, ADM 102mm Snout, JLT intake, NW 102mm TB, ID850, AGP Dual Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Denso Plugs, Moroso CC.
RX SuperChiller, D3 Reservoir, Alky Control.
2015 Rear Fascia Conversion, Z/28 Spoiler & Diffuser , ACS Quarter Ports, ShowStopper's Side Marker's, LightWurkz Halo's.
Sosche With KenWood, SLP pod with PLX guage, DashLogic .
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #84
chozn4service
Five-O

Drives: 2011 2SSRS A6 RJT
Quote:
These are not molds, our molds are made in Aluminum or Epoxy ;-)

The black panels are the exterior panels made in RTM Composite and Primed with Black primer. The Beige colored panels are the inner panel mounting rings, also made in RTM composite.

The are made to "sandwich" the OEM rocker panel. Kit will come with the panels shown plus adhesive and a few other parts components for the install
This would imply that beige colored panels would need to be affixed inside the fender after it is cut out. Would this require pulling the rear wheels or getting in front of the rear wheel liner to have access to that area to ensure that inner part is adhered to the sheet metal and once done, the outer part can then be affixed to the outside skin?

I'm visual person and really need to see, read and hear how these install. I know there was a great tutorial with the 3d vents done by a Forum member, Lupe and by the time I saw his video and read the info I was mentally prepared to take on the install without hesitation.

Just trying to get all the details.......