Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
DangerZL1

Drives: Accord
10 or 12 Sub

Would there be an advantage to using a sngle 10 over a single 12 sub in a trunk mounted side enclosure? I'm looking at adding an enclosure from subthump and a 5 channel JL Audio XD amp to my BA system. I don't play the stereo very loud.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
jshaf

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I don't play my music nearly as load as many on this board and I like rock/grunge type of music so a 10' sub gave me just enough good base to compliment the rest of the sound, not over the top or overwelming but just right. If you like modern dance/club music then you might want to go bigger. This is ofcourse my opinion, everyone is different!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
Would there be an advantage to using a sngle 10 over a single 12 sub in a trunk mounted side enclosure? I'm looking at adding an enclosure from subthump and a 5 channel JL Audio XD amp to my BA system. I don't play the stereo very loud.
you would need a sub that falls in the parameter of the subthump enclosure so focus on that first. Then its a preference thing after that
Old 08-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
go big or go home

kidding, but definitely as camarograna said, look at the specs of the enclosure and then compare to the specs of the sub you are thinking of gettting
Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #5
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
Honestly, you can get great performance out of either as long as you pick a good quality sub and match it with what your box has to offer. Personally, I've never went larger than 10" in any vehicle I own and always had plenty of bass.
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
DangerZL1

Drives: Accord
Thanks everyone. I've never upgraded a car stereo outside of changing the speakers, so I'm kind of new at this. I was leaning towards the 10 and it sounds like it will work fine as long as it fits the enclosure I'm looking at.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
Hey if anyone is interested I have a sub box that I got through Chevy that I don't need anymore because I just put a new system in. It is a MTX 2 10" subs and a amp. I paid $1100.00 for it about 7 months ago and I'm willing to take the best offer. It hooks right into the stock stereo system.. PM me if interested..
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote