Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #1326
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
grass drag??
i thought you were more into mud bogging...
No, no...that's next Fest, silly!!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #1327
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,589
oh... so you're still allowed within a 1/4 mile of his keys?
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #1328
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
oh... so you're still allowed within a 1/4 mile of his keys?
PLEASE....did anything happen? No. In fact, my....'antics' supplied the butt of this conversation, so I did everyone a favor!!

(How's that for a$$-backwards logic?)
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:33 AM   #1329
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com
 
TAG UR IT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SA, Texas
Posts: 26,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Lovin the supercharged diesel!!!


But, I don't think I need a tractor to hold a 'special' grass drag....


Killer and I have NO idea what you are talking about...




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
No, no...that's next Fest, silly!!
Um...you are all on your own on that one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
PLEASE....did anything happen? No. In fact, my....'antics' supplied the butt of this conversation, so I did everyone a favor!!

(How's that for a$$-backwards logic?)
Just wait till this year!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #1330
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,321
OK Dragon...




__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Great Racing Quotes

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #1331
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 6,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
PLEASE....did anything happen? No. In fact, my....'antics' supplied the butt of this conversation, so I did everyone a favor!! (How's that for a$$-backwards logic?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post


Killer and I have NO idea what you are talking about...





Um...you are all on your own on that one...


Just wait till this year!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
OK Dragon...




Let's just say 2 unnammed MODS (hint, hint ^^) had a lot more fun at C5Fest than you think. There was no shortage of "spirited" driving, acts of acceleration (on various surfaces), basic debauchery and "interesting" trips to the Golden Arches...
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #1332
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 6,057
and GTA.... Luckily the GA police were on our side...
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #1333
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ATS 2.0T & '14 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,102
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this simply seems like emblished story telling 8 months after the fact. I suggest we need additional proof at this point.

Trips to McDonalds? Sheeeeesh!!!!!
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #1334
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
OK Dragon...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this simply seems like emblished story telling 8 months after the fact. I suggest we need additional proof at this point.

Trips to McDonalds? Sheeeeesh!!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Let's just say 2 unnammed MODS (hint, hint ^^) had a lot more fun at C5Fest than you think. There was no shortage of "spirited" driving, acts of acceleration (on various surfaces), basic debauchery and "interesting" trips to the Golden Arches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this simply seems like emblished story telling 8 months after the fact. I suggest we need additional proof at this point.

Trips to McDonalds? Sheeeeesh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post


Killer and I have NO idea what you are talking about...



Should I do it?

Come clean? Spill the beans? Let the cat out of the bag? Tell the secret?

Hmmmmmm...
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #1335
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Should I do it?

Come clean? Spill the beans? Let the cat out of the bag? Tell the secret?

Hmmmmmm...
nah...
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #1336
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Should I do it?

Come clean? Spill the beans? Let the cat out of the bag? Tell the secret?

Hmmmmmm...

Just pm me!
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #1337
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
and GTA.... Luckily the GA police were on our side...
thank god... but the incident in question happened before we even left FL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, this simply seems like emblished story telling 8 months after the fact. I suggest we need additional proof at this point.

Trips to McDonalds? Sheeeeesh!!!!!
Lets just say that THR22 is a little faster than Joe expected making it difficult to find the left turn lane in the median........ And luckily he only drove into oncoming traffic for a few yards....









GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #1338
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!
 
Darth_Emma's Avatar
 
Drives: under contruction
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 13,151
... DE adds to her list of reasons not to let others drive her car... the list is getting long...
__________________
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #1339
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,880
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
... DE adds to her list of reasons not to let others drive her car... the list is getting long...


I think each mod, and the cost there of, makes it easier to expand the list too. lmao
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #1340
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,774
The owner of this car

stopped me in the parking lot to ask me what I had under the hood.....



Attached Images
  
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #1341
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post


I think each mod, and the cost there of, makes it easier to expand the list too. lmao
i know i don't want to risk anybody smashing up my new headlights
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #1342
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,880
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i know i don't want to risk anybody smashing up my new headlights


Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
The owner of this car

stopped me in the parking lot to ask me what I had under the hood.....



OOOOoooooooOOOOOooooooo saweeeeet.

Did he hit you up for some spare change.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #1343
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post


OOOOoooooooOOOOOooooooo saweeeeet.

Did he hit you up for some spare change.
he did but I was short the 10K he asked for.....


GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #1344
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,880
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
he did but I was short the 10K he asked for.....


hahaha, no doubt.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #1345
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,589
10k... chump change
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #1346
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
10k... chump change
That's what he said...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #1347
zebra
just can't seem to leave
 
zebra's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cold & windy
Posts: 11,589
yeah... shoulda bought a vette - you could start growing money trees too
__________________
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #1348
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,787
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
thank god... but the incident in question happened before we even left FL...



Lets just say that THR22 is a little faster than Joe expected making it difficult to find the left turn lane in the median........ And luckily he only drove into oncoming traffic for a few yards....


Okay...for the record...it had nothing to do with the speed. In fact...I think the sheer power of THR22 and the heavenly stabilitrac helped me get out of that 'situation' with some....grace. Wouldn't you say? Heeheehee

It was dark...and the median was not clearly visible from down in the parking lot....



Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
The owner of this car

stopped me in the parking lot to ask me what I had under the hood.....



Bet that made you feel good, huh?! Cool!!!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #1349
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 6,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
The owner of this car stopped me in the parking lot to ask me what I had under the hood.....
So was he asking you because he sawTHR22 parked, heardTHR22 run or that THR22 left some "racing stripes" in the parking lot ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Okay...for the record...it had nothing to do with the speed. In fact...I think the sheer power of THR22 and the heavenly stabilitrac helped me get out of that 'situation' with some....grace. Wouldn't you say? Heeheehee

It was dark...and the median was not clearly visible from down in the parking lot....

Bet that made you feel good, huh?! Cool!!!
You should not try to go boating with items that have wheels on them. Nor should you try to go 4 wheeling with vehicles that have 2 wheel drive...
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #1350
GTAHVIT
One Lucky Guy.
 
GTAHVIT's Avatar
 
Drives: #22 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Augustine FL
Posts: 28,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Okay...for the record...it had nothing to do with the speed. In fact...I think the sheer power of THR22 and the heavenly stabilitrac helped me get out of that 'situation' with some....grace. Wouldn't you say? Heeheehee

It was dark...and the median was not clearly visible from down in the parking lot....




Bet that made you feel good, huh?! Cool!!!
True but there is still something very unsettleling about seing your brand new Camaro going the wrong way in traffic.....

I did think it was pretty cool he liked the Camaro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
So was he asking you because he sawTHR22 parked, heardTHR22 run or that THR22 left some "racing stripes" in the parking lot ?
Plead the 5th on all of the above....

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
You should not try to go boating with items that have wheels on them. Nor should you try to go 4 wheeling with vehicles that have 2 wheel drive...
Words to live by.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
gta has no internets, gta needs glasses, is there a car here?, mrs. gtahvit > gtahvit, they stay on the mantle, weak car needs more power

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All order status requests in here (up to status 3800). List of Order Status Codes. GTAHVIT Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 52524 Yesterday 06:41 PM
Build from Scratch The_Blur Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 18 04-23-2010 09:39 PM
Missing "Ladies of Camaro 5" thread comment.... Silverado Off-topic Discussions 2 10-08-2009 12:23 PM
Why An april build is just as good as a March build Sean_W Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 10 02-07-2009 02:51 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.