Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
Warsteiner

Drives: 2012 IOM 2LT Vert
Opinions on door speakers

So I went to my local install shop today to get a price on having some door speakers installed. Here is what was quoted to me:

For Arc Audio XDi 6.2 speakers $199 for the pair Plus $100 for install
http://store.arcaudio.com/products/p...872.0.0.0?pp=8&

For Alpine SPR-60C speakers $249 for the pair plus $100 for install
http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SPR-60C.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

He tried to push me really hard towards the Arc Audio, but I have never heard of the brand before.

Is this priceing good? I can't really find any reviews on the Arcs. The Alpines are definately overpriced since I can get them for $158 from Amazon. I expect them to be more than Amazon but not $100 more.

Which of these 2 would you go with or can you recomend a different brand?

I am also going to have them replace my rear 3.5" speakers in a month or so since they said they would do the custom work to put in 6.5" speakers there for me. They quoted me $75 per hour for the custom work. Is that a good price?

Basically I only have 1 other shop in town and I am going to talk to them tomorrow.
Warsteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
wal-dog

Drives: 1LT w/ RS package
Do it yourself and save.
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...+panel+removal
Lots of good brands out there. Not familiar with ARC.
wal-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2014 Cruze 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
So I went to my local install shop today to get a price on having some door speakers installed. Here is what was quoted to me:

For Arc Audio XDi 6.2 speakers $199 for the pair Plus $100 for install
http://store.arcaudio.com/products/p...872.0.0.0?pp=8&

For Alpine SPR-60C speakers $249 for the pair plus $100 for install
http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SPR-60C.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

He tried to push me really hard towards the Arc Audio, but I have never heard of the brand before.

Is this priceing good? I can't really find any reviews on the Arcs. The Alpines are definately overpriced since I can get them for $158 from Amazon. I expect them to be more than Amazon but not $100 more.

Which of these 2 would you go with or can you recomend a different brand?

I am also going to have them replace my rear 3.5" speakers in a month or so since they said they would do the custom work to put in 6.5" speakers there for me. They quoted me $75 per hour for the custom work. Is that a good price?

Basically I only have 1 other shop in town and I am going to talk to them tomorrow.
Yeah, those prices are kinda high. For $250, I'd go Focal Polyglas 165 VB or dare I say my Rockford Fosgate T2652-S. If you're looking for something cheaper, then I'd look at Infinity Kappa 60.9cs or even JL Audio C2-650's.

I haven't heard a lot about Arc Audio, but it's usually favorable. I don't know if I'd pay that much for them, unless they offer to let you hear them, in your car, first. Replacing the front door speakers can be done in less than 30 minutes, so they should be able to stop before they put the panels back in so you can hear them.

Good luck man.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Visual Mods * Black Phantom Grille Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace
Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Pioneer DEX-P99RS * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #4
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Arc makes great Amps, but I'm not sure about their speakers. They might be a brand over of someone else's.

I've had really good experience with the Focal Poly's (in my wife's car) and absolutely love my Hybrid Audio Technology speakers (running off an Arc 900.6 amp) in my SS.

HAT has a lower line called Mirus that sounds a lot better then other speakers in the $400-500 range.

Here's a link so you can check them out.
http://store.12velectronics.com/miru...l-speaker-set/

If you get on DIYMA.com you may be able to find a better deal.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk